Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HeebHustler
Jan 16, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Lol you can get weed in jail/prison

How much can you typically sneak in yourself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Stunt Rock posted:

You just know that more people are upset about how this will affect their fantasy football team than they are about the fact that a dude died.

Well yeah, it's one mid 20s male with no stated family and no connection to them.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Norv Turner posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't know about the alleged gang ties so this seems like it's coming out of nowhere. This is some Marvin Harrison stuff.

Edit: Speaking of Marvin Harrison, I can't find anything that happened in re: the shootings post 2010 or so. That was weird as hell and it looks like it just up and disappeared.

I'm pretty sure the key witness against Harrison ended up shot to death a few years later in an altercation completely separate from anything to do with Marvin Harrison, but it ultimately killed the case against him as well.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

quote:

A law enforcement official tells FOX 25 Hernandez appears to be directly tied to the homicide which is why authorities executed a search warrant at his home Tuesday night. According to the same source, Hernandez, Lloyd, and two other men were at a bar in Boston the night of the homicide, and at some point, the four men left together in a car driven by Hernandez which was confirmed by a text Lloyd sent another friend, the source says.

It is unclear where the car went or what happened during the ride, but according to the source only three men returned to Hernandez's home at the end of the night and Lloyd was not one of them.

The source also says forensic evidence places a vehicle driven by Hernandez at one of the crime scenes in this case.

Troopers returned to Hernandez's $1.3 million home Wednesday morning, but no one answered. Hernandez returned home during the early afternoon Wednesday, wearing a Patriots sweatshirt and a red hat and carrying what looked like a sports drink. He did not speak to a crowd of reporters staked out about 100 feet away.

Later Wednesday, at least seven state troopers searched both sides of a road just off the street where Hernandez lives. The troopers also searched the industrial park where the body was found and within the Westwood Estates development. The officers used thin poles to pull back plants and search through undergrowth along the road.

Among other items, police said they are searching for a silver mirror cover which is believed to have been broken off a vehicle and may be visible along a route of travel between Dorchester and North Attleboro.

Police have also issued a "BOLO" or "be on the lookout" for a silver Chrysler 300 rental car with Rhode Island registration which may have a connection to the homicide.

Read more: Source: Pats Hernandez directly tied to homicide investigation - Boston News, Weather, Sports | FOX 25 | MyFoxBoston

Nice knowing you Aaron. Top notch decision making with a newborn son and soon to be wife.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 20, 2013

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

HeebHustler posted:

How much can you typically sneak in yourself?

I'm on the other side of the bars, dude.

*edit* Depends how big your vagina is or if the COs check your Atlanta Stadium.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Goddamn, it's such a pity the Bengals are locked and the Pats would never agree to Hard Knocks, it would be amazing this year.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Fox 25 saying authorities are trying to get access to his security system video.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chichevache posted:

I'm on the other side of the bars, dude.

*edit* Depends how big your vagina is or if the COs check your Atlanta Stadium.

I thought you worked at a mental health facility

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Nice knowing you Aaron. Top notch decision making with a newborn son and soon to be wife.

While every new detail seems to put him towards prison, there's two other dudes involved, so there's a pretty good chance Hernandez will be able to buy or otherwise leverage one or both of them off into taking the fall.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This is literally going to be another Ray Lewis situation with the rental car taking the place of the white suit isn't it?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well it's better than some recent NFL players I guess.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I thought you worked at a mental health facility

I am a contractor for my counties Sheriffs Department working at the county hospital. This means that when an inmate awaiting trial is declared unfit to stand trial he comes to the countyhospital for psychiatric treatment and is in my custody. The same for standard inmates from jail who need medical attention. I basically do what a standard corrections officer does except I haven't beaten, raped, or murdered anyone. Most of the guys I work with have moved on to become actual deputies or law enforcement officers as well.

tl;dr: You can put a pipe and weed in your rear end and unless the COs make you squat and cough you'll get away with it. If you have a vagina then you can bring even more.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Wait he has a newborn son and was out barhopping? I think that's the most implausible thing about this story that I've yet heard.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Rasczak posted:

Wait he has a newborn son and was out barhopping? I think that's the most implausible thing about this story that I've yet heard.

Newborn as in several months ago.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chichevache posted:

I am a contractor for my counties Sheriffs Department working at the county hospital. This means that when an inmate awaiting trial is declared unfit to stand trial he comes to the countyhospital for psychiatric treatment and is in my custody. The same for standard inmates from jail who need medical attention. I basically do what a standard corrections officer does except I haven't beaten, raped, or murdered anyone. Most of the guys I work with have moved on to become actual deputies or law enforcement officers as well.

tl;dr: You can put a pipe and weed in your rear end and unless the COs make you squat and cough you'll get away with it. If you have a vagina then you can bring even more.

Oh cool. I have thrown a number of you guys out of my OR.

Pro-tip: get the gently caress out of my OR.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Man, it's so weird when you're used to hearing stories on NFL guys busted for drunk driving or whatever and then it turns oh yeah, and this guy might have actually murdered someone.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

I've got to ask, why the gently caress did they ever go into your OR? Literally the only time we've ever entered the OR was because one of you didn't properly anesthetize your patient and we had to run up there and hold down a poor struggling bastard who woke up during a surgery so that you could put them back under.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is literally going to be another Ray Lewis situation with the rental car taking the place of the white suit isn't it?

That would be a very large dumpster.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

That would be a very large dumpster.

The car is now several tiny cubes.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

Can I live in your pool house when I give up on this whole "be a big shot lawyer" dream?

Or if I stick with Foster Child Project? We're poor but I gotta think karma rewards...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Aaron Hernandez Says Baby Daughter Changed His Life, Knows He Can’t Be ‘Reckless’ Anymore

http://nesn.com/2012/11/aaron-hernandez-says-baby-daughter-changed-my-life-knows-he-cant-be-reckless-anymore/

Whoops

I wish I was a drinking man.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Me too, it would help your posting

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

With Hernandez going to jail my posting is all I've got now. :(

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

I've got to ask, why the gently caress did they ever go into your OR? Literally the only time we've ever entered the OR was because one of you didn't properly anesthetize your patient and we had to run up there and hold down a poor struggling bastard who woke up during a surgery so that you could put them back under.

Please continue this conversation, it's fascinating. :allears:

Not being sarcastic

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Can I live in your pool house when I give up on this whole "be a big shot lawyer" dream?

Or if I stick with Foster Child Project? We're poor but I gotta think karma rewards...

Only if you adopt the ones with promising football careers and funnel them to UF.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

Only if you adopt the ones with promising football careers and funnel them to UF.

And go against Cris Carter's racket? Are you INSANE?

He'd kill both of us

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Well this looks pretty awful. Maybe Hernandez can eventually pull a Ray Lewis and get all religious on the next Pats Super Bowl run.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

causticBeet posted:

Well this looks pretty awful. Maybe Hernandez can eventually pull a Ray Lewis and get all religious on the next Pats Super Bowl run.

Barring a miracle I think he's going away for a long, long while. Plaxico was missing for years for shooting himself. If Hernandez even was remotely involved in any way it doesn't matter what the courts say. Judge Goodell is dropping the hammer.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AAA DOLFAN posted:

And go against Cris Carter's racket? Are you INSANE?

He'd kill both of us

Not if we kill him first Jesse.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh drat. This is getting crazy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

I am a contractor for my counties Sheriffs Department working at the county hospital.

Holy poo poo Chichevache do you work at Valley Med? Because your hospital weirds me out and is down the street from where I live.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Please continue this conversation, it's fascinating. :allears:

Not being sarcastic

I've considered starting an Ask/Tell thread about it but I really just don't know where to start and Im just not sure if there would be much demand for it. I am going to stop derailing this thread for now, but I did want to add one last thing. I may do what a corrections officer or deputy does in the jails, but my wards are patients, not inmates. Even if they are inmates I still treat them like patients, I deal with acutely psychotic individuals who are very ill and I treat them with respect and like average humans. Hell, I treat them better than average humans, they at least have excuses for their bad behavior, unlike the assholes who cut me off in traffic or cheer for the Steelers. I'm also leaving this field of work to go back to school because I'm not sure I want to be a LEO or deal with the injustices that go along with law enforcement. This was just an interesting experience that gave me a few stories to tell.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Holy poo poo Chichevache do you work at Valley Med? Because your hospital weirds me out and is down the street from where I live.

No, I don't. I don't know anything about that facility either so I can't give you the dirt on it. I live near Regional Med in East Side, but I work in another county. gently caress working in psych in Santa Clara County, I don't want to run into ex girlfriends. :negative:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

No, I don't. I don't know anything about that facility either so I can't give you the dirt on it. I live near Regional Med in East Side, but I work in another county. gently caress working in psych in Santa Clara County, I don't want to run into ex girlfriends. :negative:

Oh I knew you lived in San Jose so I thought you worked at Valley Med, too. I used to live over by RMC, too. :hfive:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

swickles posted:

Not if we kill him first Jesse.

YO Mr. S you can't be serious right now. MURDER, YO!?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Oh I knew you lived in San Jose so I thought you worked at Valley Med, too. I used to live over by RMC, too. :hfive:

Yea, Bascom is a nice area. I love East Side too, it gets a bad rap, but I've generally not had any problems living here.

Norv Turner
Jul 24, 2007

Norv... Norv never changes.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Well yeah, it's one mid 20s male with no stated family and no connection to them.

I kind of feel guilty for enjoying this story so much, but it's June and this is a really interesting turn of events featuring a player I have no personal investment in. I would prefer if no one had to get hurt; if Hernandez had been arrested for soliciting from an undercover cop or got caught with a transvestite prostitute Eddie Murphy style then we could have the entertainment guilt free, but I'll take what I can get in June.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

AAA DOLFAN posted:

YO Mr. S you can't be serious right now. MURDER, YO!?

As serious as Aaron Hernandez in a rental car.

AND WE HAVE COME FULL CIRCLE!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I now miss BB :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Speaking of BB and being woefully off topic, this popped up in my facebook feed recently

• Locked thread