Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Norv Turner posted:

I kind of feel guilty for enjoying this story so much, but it's June and this is a really interesting turn of events featuring a player I have no personal investment in. I would prefer if no one had to get hurt; if Hernandez had been arrested for soliciting from an undercover cop or got caught with a transvestite prostitute Eddie Murphy style then we could have the entertainment guilt free, but I'll take what I can get in June.

Glad the death of this man is able to provide you with sufficient entertainment. Oh god I'm turning into the morality squad but this is atrocious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Think of it as making the best of a bad situation. *Glances back @ my entire life* yeah

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Glad the death of this man is able to provide you with sufficient entertainment. Oh god I'm turning into the morality squad but this is atrocious

Justify watching young men kill themselves and each other on television for your entertainment. :colbert:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Intruder posted:

It's not the death of the man, but the death of the Patriots season that's so enjoyable. hth.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
"Reports" say 4 men including Hernandez left a bar together, only 3 reached his home. I am pretty sure not reporting a death or murder is against the law even if Hernandez wasn't the shooter.

Move Brady to TE and put Tebow in.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
"We dropped him off at this secluded area, drove a short distance away, abandoned the car, and walked back to my house. I don't see what's so hard to follow here, officers."

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

KettleWL posted:

It's not the death of the man, but the death of the Patriots season that's so enjoyable. hth.

Spoilers: They're going to make the playoffs

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

troofs posted:

Spoilers: They're going to make the playoffs

You mean the AFCCG? :(

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Sour Diesel posted:

You mean the AFCCG? :(

I was trying to be hopeful, but yeah, probably.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I would be so much better at murder than most people. How can you leave such obvious evidence behind?

"dude make sure u rent a car so they can't figure out it was u ok"

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say this wasn't premeditated murder.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
"I just marathoned 12 CSI episodes, there's no way I'll get caught"

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
hey rich athlete guy if you ever want consultants to help you murder and do drugs without hurting your brand, us at TFF and associates are here for you for a small* fee

we can teach you all the best pro tips like "hide the body" and "get a lawyer"

*not small

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Marketing New Brain posted:

"I just marathoned 12 CSI episodes, there's no way I'll get caught"

that's amateur hour

real aspiring murderers watch dateline

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Ehud posted:

that's amateur hour

real aspiring murderers watch dateline

Feh even that's for rookies. If you want to hit the big time you watch the Investigation Discovery channel.

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

With Gronk's surgery and Hernandez not being able to stop shooting people, looks like the Bengals will have the best TE tandem in the league this year. :getin:

This is seriously crazy though, seems like all of this just came out of nowhere. I knew there were some off field concerns, but I had no idea it was gang-related.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Stupid Dick posted:

This is seriously crazy though, seems like all of this just came out of nowhere. I knew there were some off field concerns, but I had no idea it was gang-related.

That's where I am with this whole thing. It's not huge enough (yet?) to be completely surreal, but it's rapidly approaching that point.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Feh even that's for rookies. If you want to hit the big time you watch the Investigation Discovery channel.

That channels pretty cool. I get to sit and watch it with the patients in the psych ward all day...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

nah cause that's on cable

I can get dateline on the antenna in my creepy rundown apartment

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....

Chichevache posted:

That channels pretty cool. I get to sit and watch it with the patients in the psych ward all day...

Of everything in this thread this one is bothering me the most. Psych patients watching ID channel..... Jesus Christ, that's a bad idea. It's the scary equivalent of having the Food Network on at fat camp. Hey lunatic, wanna watch a show about how women snap and cut up their husbands???

You go to work just for the adrenaline rush of not knowing if you're gonna make it out don't you?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

wheez the roux posted:

hey rich athlete guy if you ever want consultants to help you murder and do drugs without hurting your brand, us at TFF and associates are here for you for a small* fee

*not small

Better call Saul! :v:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Floridiot posted:

Of everything in this thread this one is bothering me the most. Psych patients watching ID channel..... Jesus Christ, that's a bad idea. It's the scary equivalent of having the Food Network on at fat camp. Hey lunatic, wanna watch a show about how women snap and cut up their husbands???

You go to work just for the adrenaline rush of not knowing if you're gonna make it out don't you?

I won't lie to you, yes. Nothing like seeing them reenact dramatic domestic violence scenes while some dude has his hands down his pants.

RG3
Apr 2, 2012

by Fistgrrl
Not only does he have ties to killing a man in the car that will pick you up, but he also shot someone in the face.

I can just picture Brady pacing around his mansion screaming. "AND THEY LET WES WALK FOR 3 MILLION MORE! GISELE WHERE ARE MY KEYS!"

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

wheez the roux posted:

*not small
Surely Aaron Hernandez has enough money for a boat that can make it to international waters! TAKE TO THE SEA!

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Steve Silva, a senior sports producer for the Globe, is tweeting that Hernandez is about to be arrested.

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

wheez the roux posted:

*not small

Artemis Entreri's re-reg read this and is having a fit, calling his cop friends

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

Hernandez is one of my favorite players and a big part of the Patriots offense (especially this year, with the WR situation looking like a a disaster waiting to happen) so it's hugely disappointing to see him go out this way, but he totally deserves it if he - you know - shot a couple guys in the face.

Time to give Brandon Lloyd a call... wait, he's not related to the Lloyd that Hernandez shot, right?

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Steve Silva of the Boston Globe is reporting that Hernandez will be arrested:

https://twitter.com/stevesilva/status/347723096377135104

quote:

Hearing via law enforcement source that Aaron Hernandez will be arrested in connection with the North Attleborough murder

Kalli posted:

NO ARREST IMMINENT in murder investigation involving Aaron Hernandez. All other reports (currently) "absolutely untrue," per state police

Not saying an arrest won't happen, or that one won't happen today. But reporting Hernandez "will be arrested" is speculative.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 20, 2013

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I wonder if Aaron follows Steve Silva.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Militree posted:

Steve Silva of the Boston Globe is reporting that Hernandez will be arrested:

https://twitter.com/stevesilva/status/347723096377135104

poo poo just got real.

HeroOfTheRevolution posted:

Hernandez is one of my favorite players and a big part of the Patriots offense (especially this year, with the WR situation looking like a a disaster waiting to happen) so it's hugely disappointing to see him go out this way, but he totally deserves it if he - you know - shot a couple guys in the face.

Time to give Brandon Lloyd a call... wait, he's not related to the Lloyd that Hernandez shot, right?

Yeah, I really liked watching him play these past two seasons, and I was looking forward to seeing him go on to do great things with the team (was this close to buying his jersey a few months back but held off). But if he shot/killed a guy, gently caress him, he broke the law.

Also looking forward to the legions of mouth breathers that use this as a reason why the Patriots are a terrible organization :rolleyes:

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 20, 2013

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

God drat, throw your life away why don't you Aaron. :cripes:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

A Pale Horse posted:

God drat, throw your life away why don't you Aaron. :cripes:

Well, don't think it was his life that was thrown away.

So how does he appear on the Pats injury report? Questionable(prison)?

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

Maybe this will get Massachusetts to legalize weed

All I can say is thank god for Jake Ballard

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So at this point the 'best' case scenario is probably one of his buddies copping to everything, Hernandez pleads out to an accessory charge, gets suspended a year+ and has Ray Ray's reputation going forward.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
He's the ultimate team player, this is the Belichick way. He's moving aside (into jail) so that there's a TE spot for Tim Tebow.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

ALFbrot posted:

He's the ultimate team player, this is the Belichick way. He's moving aside (into jail) so that there's a TE spot for Tim Tebow.

Wait...where was Tebow Sunday night?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Basically Hernandez planned around being their top wide receiver at this point and now they've got Amendola, who is a pure slot that can't stay healthy, and a bunch of complete garbage behind him. Their best perimeter receiver at this point is Michael Jenkins, Donald Jones, or Aaron Dobson.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I would feel better about that post if you removed Aaron Dobson.

Just have this terrible feeling that he is going to become Tom Brady's new best friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Wait...where was Tebow Sunday night?

Church, dude

jeffersonlives posted:

Basically Hernandez planned around being their top wide receiver at this point and now they've got Amendola, who is a pure slot that can't stay healthy, and a bunch of complete garbage behind him. Their best perimeter receiver at this point is Michael Jenkins, Donald Jones, or Aaron Dobson.

Pretty much. Though discounting rookies because who the hell knows and we shouldn't expect anything, Edelman is probably their best perimeter receiver - and he's another guy that can't stay healthy. Jenkins is slow as dirt and Jones is a 'home run threat' who averages 10 yards per catch. And their biggest receiving threat is going to start the year on PUP. So your top 4 receivers through the first half of the season are Amendola, Edelman, Ballard, and one of Jenkins/Jones/Dobson. That loving sucks (and the top three are coming off season-ending injuries), and I'm a huge Amendola fan and optimistic about his health.

They need to get any warm body, including Brandon Lloyd, into this receiver group and see what shakes out. Hell, Randy Moss.

• Locked thread