Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Anyone else being regaled with tales expensive car and furniture purchases (to the tune of a couple thousand per dinner chair)? It's getting loving insane when people with 80k per annum salaries are decking out their fuckin dining rooms with this modernist poo poo (in canada): http://www.informinteriors.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Even regular furniture blows my mind with how expensive it is in-store, even on supposed sales. I guess it's like all exercise equipment and most cars: buy used and let someone else pay retail's idiot tax.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Devian666 posted:

I like that most of the responses are telling him that's correct. It's as if he believed that all of the money from his pay would be his.

Of course I'd like to only pay 24% tax. That'd be great.

I am quite surprised his effective rate is so high. The perception is that the US has 'lower taxes' but converting to USD from my jobs in the last few years I earned maybe 50+% more than he is and paid lower effective taxes in both NZ and the UK. I dunno how much VAT/GST (sales taxes) add to the total but I suspect things like free healthcare would more than balance it out!

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SpelledBackwards posted:

Even regular furniture blows my mind with how expensive it is in-store, even on supposed sales. I guess it's like all exercise equipment and most cars: buy used and let someone else pay retail's idiot tax.

Some people get really weird about buying used upholstered furniture. I'm not 100% what they're worried about, but I guess the idea that a bunch of some stranger's skin cells and bodily fluids are more than likely all over that thing, plus the possibility of bugs?

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Saros posted:

I am quite surprised his effective rate is so high. The perception is that the US has 'lower taxes' but converting to USD from my jobs in the last few years I earned maybe 50+% more than he is and paid lower effective taxes in both NZ and the UK. I dunno how much VAT/GST (sales taxes) add to the total but I suspect things like free healthcare would more than balance it out!

I was calculating it out for various middle-class income brackets in Australia and it's about even when you add Social Security to the American income tax. Whether that's "fair" or not depends on if you're looking at it from the employer or employee's perspective (employers in Australia contributing to superannuation fund on top of salary), but for my purposes it's good enough.

I was making around what he does but tax-free (in Japan, my employer covered my Japanese taxes and I was exempt from US ones) up until August as my first "real job", which was nice. I could see it being a rude awakening to finally start paying taxes if I weren't, you know, cognizant of all the government services that helped me get to where I am now, and that continue to contribute to my quality of life in a myriad of ways. Kind of a shame that Civics courses don't really exist anymore in modern American high schools.

seacat
Dec 9, 2006

baquerd posted:

Some people get really weird about buying used upholstered furniture. I'm not 100% what they're worried about, but I guess the idea that a bunch of some stranger's skin cells and bodily fluids are more than likely all over that thing, plus the possibility of bugs?

Bedbugs are really, really terrible infestations.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

seacat posted:

Bedbugs are really, really terrible infestations.

Reading the foums has convinced me that it is better to sleep on the floor, rather than risk getting bedbugs from used furniture.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Anne Whateley posted:

Most retirees own their homes and hopefully aren't buying new cars. Especially since she's poor, yeah it would be impressively dumb for her to drop $4200/mo on food, travel, standard bills (utilities/insurance/etc.), and shopping.

Didn't say she was poor, just that she started over and trying to build a 401k in your 40's is difficult to impossible unless you have some other supplemental income. The take-away being you have to start early, especially when most jobs today don't include pension plans.

quote:

"may" :lol: Keep looking down on other people while you take mommy's money.

Meh, I was unemployed/underemployed for 3 years. It sucks asking for help, but isn't having people who can loan you money what white privilege is all about?

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Krispy Kareem posted:

Didn't say she was poor, just that she started over and trying to build a 401k in your 40's is difficult to impossible unless you have some other supplemental income. The take-away being you have to start early, especially when most jobs today don't include pension plans.

I disagree, your 40s is not too late if you are willing to make enough sacrifices, especially with over-50 catch-up contributions...right now, throughout your 50s it is possible to contribute a combined $305,000 to 401k and IRA before any employer match. But every year you wait does make it harder, and makes your likely retirement age at least a couple years later than it maybe could have been.

"No matter how hard you try" is bullshit, I'm sorry. It's math. You can not be willing to cut expenses, or you can be willing to do it.

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.
Gambling never ceases to amaze me.

My coworker across the aisle is into gambling on sports with ProLine. He just puts a few dollars down here and there on a bunch of games where the payoff is big if he wins. Like $7 for a $1k payoff. With the NFL football season in full swing, he's been spending at least $10 every weekend, maybe $15.

Obviously it's not a huge sum of money, and my justification was that even though he hasn't won yet, eventually he'll win and probably break even. Sure, the Law of Large Numbers is against him, as with any form of gambling where a corporation or government is involved, but it's not really a lot of money. It adds up over time, but he just needs one big win to break even.

Then I made a realization this morning after he lost again this weekend. When he finally wins, you know he'll treat all of that money like he won it - rather than just a break-even point - and blow it on stupid stuff, rewarding himself for being such a skilled Armchair Sports General Manager. The stupidity really is amazing.

Does anyone know of someone who regularly makes money off of sports gambling? Or is it all sad stories?

Rick Rickshaw fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 20, 2014

fruition
Feb 1, 2014

Rick Rickshaw posted:

Does anyone know of someone who regularly makes money off of sports gambling? Or is it all sad stories?

Your friend doesn't really seem that bad, if in fact he's telling you the whole story. Chances are he's betting more money way more often than he lets on. I recently went to Vegas and, while I had fun, I realized two things:
1) I can't drink like I'm in my 20's anymore.
2) I'm done gambling for a long long time.

Anyone who gambles and tells you they're up (lifetime) is a loving liar. If you play any game long enough you're bound to lose in the long term, especially considering how your risk tolerance increases and you begin betting larger minimums to reach the same high...it's loving dangerous. I can see how people lose everything.

e: Poker is the exception but I don't consider poker gambling in the same way blackjack/craps/roulette is gambling.

baquerd posted:

Some people get really weird about buying used upholstered furniture.

This. We bought used couches and poo poo for our college house but that thing left in way worse shape than it came in. I'm not putting a used couch or bed in my adult home. Sorry, I'll work a couple extra shifts and retire 0.000345 days later (if I live that long anyway).

disclaimer: I'm convinced I'll die months before my target retirement age, simply because I worry so much about saving for retirement. I know I'm not alone here.

fruition fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 20, 2014

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Rick Rickshaw posted:

Does anyone know of someone who regularly makes money off of sports gambling?

Yeah, the bookies

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Rick Rickshaw posted:

Do proline themselves count? I imagine they make money as market makers. They certainly have advantages and get fees and whatnot, but they still have to be aware enough to know when to hold positions themselves.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Armacham posted:

Yeah, the bookies

I know one , his entire profession was gambling on golf. But once Tiger stopped being such a force that dried up for him ( I believe he was usually betting against Tiger because the line was so high due to the general public backing him).

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

SpelledBackwards posted:

This is why IKEA is always flat packed.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Nail Rat posted:

I disagree, your 40s is not too late if you are willing to make enough sacrifices, especially with over-50 catch-up contributions...right now, throughout your 50s it is possible to contribute a combined $305,000 to 401k and IRA before any employer match. But every year you wait does make it harder, and makes your likely retirement age at least a couple years later than it maybe could have been.

"No matter how hard you try" is bullshit, I'm sorry. It's math. You can not be willing to cut expenses, or you can be willing to do it.

I was not aware of over-50 catch-up contributions. Obviously that helps, as does employer matching if your job offers it. So if you're 44 and still haven't planned for retirement, by all means throw money into it. But that's like advising an Ebola patient to drink plenty of fluids. It helps, but you're already hosed. Especially when your now herculean efforts are easily eclipsed by a 25 year old putting 10 bucks a paycheck into a mutual fund.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Krispy Kareem posted:

So if you're 44 and still haven't planned for retirement, by all means throw money into it. But that's like advising an Ebola patient to drink plenty of fluids. It helps, but you're already hosed.

This is not true at all. Stop saying things that are blatantly false.

You're in a worse spot, but if people like MMM can retire in 8 years by living a frugal(not barebones) lifestyle, and you're telling me someone who already has 200k in retirement funds is "hosed" and has no chance to retire in *20* years, you're just dumb. If they don't want to cut back on spending at all? Yeah, you're right. But your argument is like a fat middle-aged person saying gently caress it I'm gonna eat this tub of ice cream because I'm screwed already. You're not hosed for retirement because you're not as well off as you would be if you started earlier.

It's just loving math. She spends 50k a year? Alright, can she get that down to 40k? Considering social security will probably pay her over 10k a year, that means she'd need 30k a year then. At 4% safe withdrawal rate, you'd need 750k for that. She has 200k. Over 20 years, that 200k should grow to around 600k if diversified properly and rebalanced regularly. That means she'd only need to contribute around another 100k over the time period to hit that number. 5k a year? There's no way?

edit: unless you're saying she started from $0 and ended up with $200k. In which case, if she couldn't contribute more, she should have controlled her spending more(and thus contributed more). Putting in 10k a year for 20 years would have her at around 550k after 20 years, for example, starting from scratch.

The problem is it takes planning and discipline, so I guess in your world, fat people can't lose weight and people who spend too much can't control their spending. But you're wrong.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 20, 2014

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Nail Rat posted:

This is not true at all. Stop saying things that are blatantly false.

You're in a worse spot, but if people like MMM can retire in 8 years by living a frugal(not barebones) lifestyle, and you're telling me someone who already has 200k in retirement funds is "hosed" and has no chance to retire in *20* years, you're just dumb. If they don't want to cut back on spending at all? Yeah, you're right. But your argument is like a fat middle-aged person saying gently caress it I'm gonna eat this tub of ice cream because I'm screwed already.

Possible and plausible are totally different things here. If your take home is 50k a year and you can live off 37k a year then in 20 years you could save 260k (plus gains and minus losses) - which sounds great, except people who wait until they're 45 to start saving for retirement are not usually the kinds of people who save 25% of their income. Not to mention you will almost always start your accounts when markets are high and need to withdraw money when they're low.

Again, I'm all for starting at later ages because something is better than nothing. It just needs to be burnt into people's minds that starting later is not something you should plan to do when you're younger because it loving sucks.

quote:

It's just loving math. She spends 50k a year? Alright, can she get that down to 40k? Considering social security will probably pay her over 10k a year, that means she'd need 30k a year then. At 4% safe withdrawal rate, you'd need 750k for that. She has 200k. Over 20 years, that 200k should grow to around 600k if diversified properly and rebalanced regularly. That means she'd only need to contribute around another 100k over the time period to hit that number. 5k a year? There's no way?

My mom's situation doesn't apply so much here. She sacrificed and saved and contributed her yearly maximums and has 200k in her 401k with a pension, social security, savings, and a crippling case of COPD that ensures she will never live long enough to enjoy any of it. I'm talking more about younger people who don't have a pension and who can't depend on social security - either because of higher retirement ages or reduced benefits.

By saying she was hosed by only having 200k, I'm more referring to our generation's fuckediness if we retired with only 200k in our 401ks and providing a historical example of how much you can reasonably expect to make if you start a 401k in your 40's. 20 years sounds like a long time, but in terms of retirement planning it isn't - especially if you hope to live until you are 80. If you're already 45, then save for retirement. If you are 35, don't loving wait until you are 45.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

spog posted:

Reading the foums has convinced me that it is better to sleep on the floor, rather than risk getting bedbugs from used furniture.
I had bedbugs once, and their sole redeeming feature is that they don't spread disease. An exterminator managed to get rid of them the first time, but I was paranoid about them for months. Don't get bedbugs. (Although it doesn't help that I'm apparently allergic to them, and got huge itchy welts from their bites)

In r/personalfinance news:

http://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/2jqazj/with_oil_prices_being_so_low_is_it_worth_long/ posted:

With Oil Prices being so low, is it worth long term to put aside paying of debt (credit cards + student loans) to invest in Oil and Gas?

Credit Cards ~ $2500 16% Student Loans Subsidized $3,638.00 3.4% Unsubsidized $7,500.00 3.86% Unsubsidized $8,362.00 6.8%

Payments aren't actually due on the student loans until February, and I am not expected to pay them off in full because I will be returning to University in August 2015.
Co-Op University student walking away with ~$3,500 bi-monthly with expenses around ~$1,250 a month.

I plan on having my credit card paid off soon. But working within Oil and Gas and knowing that prices will not stay this low forever and will undoubtedly rebound I'm considering taking advantage of the opportunity presented in front of me.

I'm conflicted where part of me sees this opportunity and the chance to become very profitable in the long run by throwing $10k into stock these next months, but the other part of me is telling myself to keep my head down and pay my debt. Opportunities like this will come again.

Anyone have any thoughts? (I don't have any companies pinned out specifically yet, just am thinking about the industry as a whole.)
Luckily all the comments are screaming "DON'T DO IT". I'd ask what it is about stocks that lures people in so much, but it's close enough to gambling that I already know the answer.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Haifisch posted:

Luckily all the comments are screaming "DON'T DO IT". I'd ask what it is about stocks that lures people in so much, but it's close enough to gambling that I already know the answer.

Someone needs to link the episode of Always Sunny where they fill trash cans with gasoline as an investment.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Haifisch posted:

People with very little investing experience think they know a sure thing.

Though what is sure is if they pay off their student debt, that's an automatic 6% or whatever on their nonsubsidized loan. You can't beat that.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

TLG James posted:

People with very little investing experience think they know a sure thing.
Ugh... Ain't that the truth. Whenever I cautioned less-savvy clients about the potential risks of trading ont he stock market (ie. that it's risky) they'd always smirk at me and say, "Well, high risk means high reward!"

They seemed to be forgetting the flipside to that. High risk means high potential reward, and also high potential for losses. They're also the same people who play the lotto every day.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Rick Rickshaw posted:

I've never been interested in gambling in the slightest (aside from playing blackjack against my dad for pocket change to buy a soda when I was a little kid), but the InTrade stuff that Adar and a few other people used to post in D&D was absolutely fascinating to me.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Rick Rickshaw posted:

I used to know a poker dealer here in Vegas who was apparently a lifetime winner betting baseball. He swore up and down that he put his daughters through college with his baseball gambling profits. He'd been betting baseball for 40-some years, and seemed to be a winner just about every week we talked about it. The other dealers and poker room staff backed his version of his gambling success.

Also, he was an all-around good guy and my favorite poker dealer. I miss you, Bubbles.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

fruition posted:

Anyone who gambles and tells you they're up (lifetime) is a loving liar.

I'm up lifetime on blackjack :colbert:

A cruise I was on was doing a promotion where if you signed up for their gambling card you got two vouchers that you could use as an ace at the blackjack tables. I got 4 between me and my brother, bet the max, won three times, and have never played blackjack since

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

baquerd posted:

That's pretty much what it is, which I don't find weird at all. I'm hardly a germophobe or weirded out by used stuff but I'll never buy used upholstered furniture or mattresses.

Rick Rickshaw posted:

My coworker across the aisle is into gambling on sports with ProLine. He just puts a few dollars down here and there on a bunch of games where the payoff is big if he wins. Like $7 for a $1k payoff. With the NFL football season in full swing, he's been spending at least $10 every weekend, maybe $15.

Obviously it's not a huge sum of money, and my justification was that even though he hasn't won yet, eventually he'll win and probably break even. Sure, the Law of Large Numbers is against him, as with any form of gambling where a corporation or government is involved, but it's not really a lot of money. It adds up over time, but he just needs one big win to break even.

Then I made a realization this morning after he lost again this weekend. When he finally wins, you know he'll treat all of that money like he won it - rather than just a break-even point - and blow it on stupid stuff, rewarding himself for being such a skilled Armchair Sports General Manager. The stupidity really is amazing.

If your gambling problem amounts to the cost of a combo meal it's not exactly a problem. Of course this is how most actual gambling problems start, but at this point it's just a bit of entertainment.

DEMAG
Aug 14, 2003

You're it.

melon cat posted:

Ugh... Ain't that the truth. Whenever I cautioned less-savvy clients about the potential risks of trading ont he stock market (ie. that it's risky) they'd always smirk at me and say, "Well, high risk means high reward!"

They seemed to be forgetting the flipside to that. High risk means high potential reward, and also high potential for losses. They're also the same people who play the lotto every day.

I had several co-workers try to say how much of great opportunity Ebola is. That dropping money into LAKE a small hazmat suit maker will make you rich. It was an emotional MOMO stock that shot up from a couple bucks to $30 in a matter of days. Of course I told them to stop being stupid and it will fall back to earth before you know it.

It's trading at $14 dollars today. I guess I'm half upset they didn't do it. Would have made a great post.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

DEMAG posted:

I had several co-workers try to say how much of great opportunity Ebola is. That dropping money into LAKE a small hazmat suit maker will make you rich. It was an emotional MOMO stock that shot up from a couple bucks to $30 in a matter of days. Of course I told them to stop being stupid and it will fall back to earth before you know it.

It's trading at $14 dollars today. I guess I'm half upset they didn't do it. Would have made a great post.

That's one of those things that actually would have been a good idea if you thought of it before every single person in the country was talking about ebola, but opportunistic people like that never stop and think about the future in a sane way, they just follow trends. It's pretty funny if they only talked about it after it went up in price sixfold to $30, as if that were some sort of sustainable growth pattern that was going to continue. Seeing two points and assuming you can draw a line through them to estimate return is really bad with money.

Authentic You
Mar 4, 2007

Listen now this is your
captain calling:
Your captain is dead.

ranbo das posted:

I'm up lifetime on blackjack :colbert:

A cruise I was on was doing a promotion where if you signed up for their gambling card you got two vouchers that you could use as an ace at the blackjack tables. I got 4 between me and my brother, bet the max, won three times, and have never played blackjack since

My sister is way up lifetime on slots.

We were in a historical mining town in Nevada, and there was an old-timey saloon with vintage nickel slot machines. My mom herded me and my sister in, gave us each a nickel, and told us to put them in the machine so she should educate us about the evils of gambling. We were about eight and six at the time. I put my nickel in, pulled the lever, and nothing happened. It ate my money, just like that. My sister puts her nickel in, pulls the lever, and then 7...7...7. It lights up, starts ringing, and barfs out mountains of nickels, to my sister's joy and amazement, and to my mom's horror.

I still think it's hilarious that my mom's lesson about not being bad with money completely backfired. I think that's the only time my sister or I ever played a slot machine. I don't see the point/enjoyment of gambling against random chance, especially now that slot machines are digital. Who knows what the software is doing. I didn't even like gambling in Pokemon. I eventually just had enough money to buy the coins to get the Porygon that way. I do like Poker though. And pretend-betting on horses (never been to a live race, but I'd probably put aside a few bucks for betting if/when I go to one).

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

fruition posted:

Anyone who gambles and tells you they're up (lifetime) is a loving liar.
A gambler will always tell you what they've won- never how much they've lost. :eng101:

DEMAG posted:

I'm always really cautious of those dummies at the water cooler who're always talking about "the hottest stock to buy". In my experience, they're never doing any actual trading. They're just spouting some armchair-daytrader nonsense they overheard somewhere and want everyone else to think that they're some sort of investment banking guru. If there's a hot stock, the people who are actually in the market sure as heck won't be talking about it.

melon cat fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 21, 2014

Blue_monday
Jan 9, 2004

mind the teeth while you're going down

melon cat posted:

A gambler will always tell you what they've won- never how much they've lost. :eng101:

I'm always really cautious of those dummies at the water cooler who're always talking about "the hottest stock to buy". In my experience, they're never doing any actual trading. They're just spouting some armchair-daytrader nonsense they overheard somewhere and want everyone else to think that they're some sort of investment banking guru. If there's a hot stock, the people who are actually in the market sure as heck won't be talking about it.

Ding ding ding! I've always thought if someone is spouting off about the hot new stock/whatever tip and they're not in the industry, wherever they're getting from its probably 7th+ hand information.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I worked at a department store in college. One of my coworkers was always telling us about how rich he was getting on the stock market.

He was in his 60s working a $15/hr job, on his feet 40 hours a week working weekends and holidays. Nobody has that kind of job unless they need it, so I'm guessing his investing didn't really go as well as he said.

Then again this was in 2009 where you could pretty much pick a stock out of a hat and get a 20% one-year return :shrug:

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Reddit roundup:

Down and out on 200K a year, Predatory loans! :rant:

quote:

We had a house with a loan from a predatory lender. We managed to make the payments but over time they continued to raise often until we finally could not manage them. We ended up in foreclosure. We ended up getting behind on everything else trying to save our home. 5 years of state and federal taxes and many student loan payments. Our credit was in the tank so we leased a home for 3 years and started paying everyone. We paid off the state taxes and have entered into an agreement with the IRS. We have been working with our bank to improve our credit score to buy a home. We just started a 24 month land contract on a home we love. We make good money, roughly 200k a year but have massive bills from the past. House payment is only $1500/mth. Problem is Irs $860, student loan for husband is $940, for wife $840, college for 2 kids is $2,000/mth out of pocket because the borrow amount is limited due to our income. We have a car title loan of $5,000 with 1k/mth payment, 3 payday loans totaling $2,700 to pay off with $600/ mth payments. We have a garnishment for medical bills of $600. We need to find a way to pay everyone but more and more collections are coming out of the woodwork with strong arm tactics wanting more than we make. Need a way out and a budget system that works. Most of our debt is to the government who is not easy to work with. Afraid to go to a financial counselor because that increases cost. We are at our end. Any suggestions? Thank you all in advance.

:ohdear:

quote:

So right now the market is having a bit of a downturn, although I personally like to think of it as a sale!

:homebrew: Sale!

quote:

Can I just stop paying?

:frogon:

quote:

My specific addictions are cigarettes and marijuana.

:catdrugs:

Saros fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Oct 22, 2014

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.

Hey, that could be one of my roommates or one of ten other people I know.

Literally, that is my roommate to a T. Though he isn't using marijuana officially as medicine, it's definitely being used to cover up some serious issues.

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius

Beautiful. It's a variable rate loan and he doesn't understand why they can't give him a full payment schedule in advance.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

There's a guy melting down in BYOB right now who took out a $3,000 401k loan to be a baller at an anime convention but it's ok guys because he still has $12K in the account!

Also he abuses his pet :stare:

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
It sounds like the 200k/yr people are at bankruptcy time.

Say, would bankruptcy discharge their back taxes or otherwise disrupt the repayment agreement?

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

SpelledBackwards posted:

I think I'd rather get a $200 walmart couch than some $100 craigslist one where I don't know at least a brief history of it's jizz and bedbugs. Like, that cheap, "lightly used" conference room real leather couch on craigslist was prolly used on backroomcastingcouch. Though, that would make it's value go up in some eyes.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

pig slut lisa posted:

There's a guy melting down in BYOB right now who took out a $3,000 401k loan to be a baller at an anime convention but it's ok guys because he still has $12K in the account!

Also he abuses his pet :stare:

i am he posted:

tbh i think people are more worried about your financial situation. just post your social, bank account info (routing number, account number, etc.), any credit cards with relevant info, your mother's maiden name, and the name of your first pet, and people will get off your back.

g0lbez posted:

420-69-1488, routing number 9080293740297323-4023-4823-0482-0438-230--9-09-09- account number 0980980909870907 mother's maiden is gargo and first pet is dimp

pig slut lisa posted:

this is real routing number :stare:

g0lbez posted:

well yeah

The Green Calz posted:

dont do this

g0lbez posted:

erm why not

g0lbez posted:

like is someone loving with me rightnow. i literally have a $199 transaction from amazon.com that's pending. is this a joke? like serious advice do i need to call my bank right now. just tell me if you're loving with me or not basically

g0lbez posted:

OH OKAY THERE'S ANOTHER $299 TRANSACTION FROM AMAZON DIGITAL LIKE what the gently caress can you even buy digitally at that amount?? are you fuicking serious??? byob you are loving with me

g0lbez posted:

well it's not like i can do poo poo because my bank is closed bnow becuse it's literally 10:30 at night
There aren't enough psyduck emoticons in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Hey that's my SSN too

• Locked thread