Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I hear ya about vacations...My girlfriends parents were both very succesfully in companies/industry that benefitted during the tech boom of the 90's and early 00's. On top of a huge combined salary, the mothers company would book rooms in hotels outside Disney for employees to go to for vacation. Fortunately, they are a smart bunch and saved enough...but the "1 big vacation a year" is heavily heavily ingrained in my gf and her sister because they did Disney every year, cruises to Bermuda, Myrtle beach. Her mother has taught them "you need to treat yourself to a vacation, something to look forward to." Meanwhile my folks took my brothers and I camping once a year and even that stopped by the time I was 14.

It's honestly tough for her to understand that while I now make good money, I can't and will not a spend a stack of cash to go halfway across the country once or twice a year. Other than that she is smart with money and supportive of me paying loans, but vacations man, some people cant live without them. :psyduck:

Oh yeah and to contribute I know a kid who overdrew his bank account in high school to buy decals and spray paint for his dodge stratus, that was awesome. poo poo like a new shifter knob and a car bra. The best was when his sister inherited it and it promptly broke a fuel line under the hood and went up in flames, all in front of a store security cam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread