Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

What is a v-slab precious?

Vertical stabilizer. The upright tailfin, usually has (or is) the rudder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Spiderdrake posted:

Motorbreath. The future is Motorbreath.

Dunno about you guys, but It's how I live my life.

I can't. Take it. Yeeanyotherway.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, he looks better in the official photos. I'll probably get him anyway because I'm a sucker.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Menasor's little chest plate car is adorable. Combined mode face looks kind of off, though.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
As in it's not a clip on thing that goes over his hunchback back regular face?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I still want a trailer for Motormaster, it always seemed weird that he can't carry his team members like Ultra Magnus.

Also take a look at Superion's Helicopter, the face is Blades. Like it's straight up undeniable Blades just in a different color. So I guess we are getting defensor,

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

But Motormaster is an rear end in a top hat and his underlings hate him. I don't think he'd give them a free ride.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

But Motormaster is an rear end in a top hat and his underlings hate him. I don't think he'd give them a free ride.

The trailer launches the cars at other robots.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I'd normally be ecstatic over this, and I am very happy, but with how cheap and hollow most of Hasbro's figures have been lately I'm not rushing to sell off my Uranos or M3 just yet.

I will buy them all though because they won't be $500 each.

Sadly since I live in Tokyo, and given how abysmally slow Takara's release schedule is, I probably won't have these in hand until 4th quarter 2016 :smith:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I really love the dynamic of the Stunticons. Can't help you Megatron, off running into cars!

Actually both of those combiner terms are just a big pile of hot messes. (It also remains hilarious to me that in the second part of their introductory episode the Aerialbots are just stone-owning the poo poo out of the Stunticons then just like, agree to combine because oh ok. Silverbolt loving air rams Motormaster right in the loving grill and just knocks him for a loop.)

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Blackheart posted:

None of them really seem like the "riding" type, either.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
They combiners look like the old ones with some updates to me, the first pics were poo poo but they look better in the official pics
don't see what peoples big deal is. This was what was desired. Every alternative has now been tried.

If they make a devastator will they make a prowl that can form the head? Will they make monstructor since he was such a big deal in the comics?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rita Repulsa posted:

Will they make monstructor since he was such a big deal in the comics?
Don't toy with my emotions like this

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Captain Invictus posted:

Don't toy with my emotions like this

They make Monstructor, but it suffers from extreme GPS.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If they make Monstructor they better repaint him as Dino King or at the very most tool the original molds so they resemble gun toting dinosaurs if you just switched their alt mode heads.

Because a Giant robot combiner made out of brightly colored dinosaurs wearing guns is the most 80's thing ever.

Hell I'm surprised they havn't brought back some of the PCC guys for generations if the theme is combining. Think of all the Micromaster and Actionmaster bullshit you could pass those guys off as. Heavytread could easily pass for a generations Banzaitron or whatever.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 25, 2014

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Prowl being Devastator's head sucks. You have 6 green construction vehicles... and a white cop car. I wish they would find some other guy who is a construction vehicle and make him part of the team. Or have Prowl decide to live life as a backhoe or something.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gammatron 64 posted:

Prowl being Devastator's head sucks. You have 6 green construction vehicles... and a white cop car. I wish they would find some other guy who is a construction vehicle and make him part of the team. Or have Prowl decide to live life as a backhoe or something.

Look if the Military team can have the spaceship guy, the construction team can easily have a police car guy.

I mean who is going to set up roadblocks and detours for construction? :colbert:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

The dissonance is the entire thematic point of the set up?

Peter Bazooka posted:

They should just bring Scrapper back with no explanation and ignore the whole Spike killing him thing.
That is way less cool than what they came up with in Chaos

which hopefully you haven't read, because, bleh

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 25, 2014

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

Gammatron 64 posted:

They should just bring Scrapper back with no explanation and ignore the whole Spike killing him thing.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Someone please hook me up with a generations cybertronian Megatron! New of course.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Peter Bazooka posted:

But Prowl having a constructicon fanclub is loving hilarious

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I just, I feel like we're headed for a Very Special Issue about the dangers of peer pressure.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Phy posted:

I just, I feel like we're headed for a Very Special Issue about the dangers of peer pressure.

Forcing some guy to always be the foot tends to lead to workplace shootings?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Scrapper is the leader and he always gets foot duty. That Hook, he's a jerk.

So I think you can get Thrustinator at BBTS now. I'm not interested in buying him but he does look very nice, I think.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

It really blows my mind that people are complaining about the new combiners. This is exactly what people have been asking for throughout all the Energon, PCC, FoC Bruticus attempts. They look great to me, perfect updates of the G1 molds (aside from some alt mode swaps). Of course they don't look as good as the $100 third party figures, but they're $12 bucks a pop so whatever. The only problem I see with any of them is Silverbolt's massive undercarriage cube, but at this point that's pretty much par for the course for any figure named Silverbolt.

And at least Menasor actually has combiner legs and not shin guards.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Knormal posted:

It really blows my mind that people are complaining about the new combiners. This is exactly what people have been asking for throughout all the Energon, PCC, FoC Bruticus attempts. They look great to me, perfect updates of the G1 molds (aside from some alt mode swaps). Of course they don't look as good as the $100 third party figures, but they're $12 bucks a pop so whatever. The only problem I see with any of them is Silverbolt's massive undercarriage cube, but at this point that's pretty much par for the course for any figure named Silverbolt.

At least until Generations BW Silverbolt comes along. Right, Hasbro?

Right?

quote:

And at least Menasor actually has combiner legs and not shin guards.

The FP combiner's legs are a brilliant design trick, and look great. Let's not try to seriously pretend any aspect of the Hasbro one is somehow better than the FP Menasor aside from the price. It should be enough that Hasbro has so very obviously learned from the mistakes and feedback of FoC Bruticus and delivered two far better-looking combiners than I ever thought they would. And with more to come, even.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Phy posted:

an F-16 with two V-stabs is mildly appalling.

I know that's what he was in G1 and also how Hasbro has to skirt unlicensed plane designs, but the twin stabilizers and engines coupled with the aggressive leading edge extensions makes Skydive look more like a fat MiG-29 than a Viper to me.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
What, you really thought Mega Drive Megatron was a one-off?

http://www.takaratomy-arts.co.jp/specials/hobby/ps/

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Eh, playstation. When can I buy the Megadrive Megatron?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

404GoonNotFound posted:

What, you really thought Mega Drive Megatron was a one-off?

http://www.takaratomy-arts.co.jp/specials/hobby/ps/

The fact that it's not Super Famiconvoy is terrible.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Speaking of combiners, please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this looks very... not nice.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Um I think if you do some research you'll find that it was made by someone other than hasbro and thus it is perfect and free of original sin.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Nice forearms that are bigger than your shoulders Unauthorized Hot Spot

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Blackheart posted:

Speaking of combiners, please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this looks very... not nice.

It looks like a Titanium figure.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Other posted:

Nice forearms that are bigger than your shoulders Unauthorized Hot Spot

The price will be so great, the third party "fixes" will be plentiful, and the excuses will be numerous and belligerent.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The_Doctor posted:

It looks like a Titanium figure.

I knew there was something familliar about it!

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Blackheart posted:

At first I thought he was equipped with some sort of cyber-bassoon. Now I'm wondering if there is some madman out there building the Iacon Symphony Orchestra.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Blackheart posted:

I know I probably sound like a broken record at this point but holy balls it's just stunning how low-effort and uninspired the designs from TFC are lately. That looks even worse than Gumball, and Gumball is terrible.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
I did like this picture from the panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Captain Magic posted:

I know I probably sound like a broken record at this point but holy balls it's just stunning how low-effort and uninspired the designs from TFC are lately. That looks even worse than Gumball, and Gumball is terrible.

Have to agree here, I liked the Hercules guys a lot, but their latest efforts have just been awful.

Combiner Optimus/Motormaster looks SUPER good as Motormaster, he doesn't look even half as squat as the Optimus version. I guess the extra detail over just being big blank squares does it. Gonna get me that Menasor cos dang it's little car robots that combine and I need to let Hasbro know they are doing a good job after their previous combiner efforts.

Zaa Boogie posted:

I did like this picture from the panel.

Now Optimus can wear the corpses of his friends AND enemies.