Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

the 5mm peg, a new and amazing invention!

I'm just dissapointed that Hasbro caved into the demands and removed Shockwave's triggers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I didn't know Shockwave even used tumblr.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Robot Style posted:

I didn't know Shockwave even used tumblr.

He invented the rocklords, of course he had to use it.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I ordered myself Leader Megatron earlier today. 60 euros total, incl. shipping and all that, but it should be here next Thursday. Amazon UK had him 10 pounds off (40 pounds), and a friend confirmed that it was a solid price.

My first actual, planned, thought-out TF purchase :3:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
BBTS has a Black Friday sale on Maketoys Quantron with all the update kits for 300 USD. That's like 120 less than they normally want for it.

I may do something rash.

\/\/\/ Yeah, but it's TFSource.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 27, 2015

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

BBTS has a Black Friday sale on Maketoys Quantron with all the update kits for 300 USD. That's like 120 less than they normally want for it.
TFSource has it for $250 with free shipping. Even discounting Sonic Drill, that's $60 for each good limb and $70 for the torso who is quite big.

BBTS has Cubrar for $80 though

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

The TFCC is having a Black Friday sale:
https://www.toyarama.com/store/transformers-featured-products-c5.php?template_package=transformers

It went live last night, and of course the sale prices didn't show up for everyone and the site dragged while trying to check out until it ultimately crashed, but it seems to be working fine now.

After getting the 2013 Botcon at-show exclusives for $10 a piece the other day, I felt compelled to grab the box set for $125. Can't beat that price.
I know the theme that year was a bit of a muddled mess, but I think the figures, taken on their own, are pretty cool. Plus, that retro Machine Wars style box with the KB Toys fake markdown price sticker is pitch perfect.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I may do something rash.
They also have the complete Warbotron Bruticus plus the Shockwave targetmaster for $400. I couldn't pass that up.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I have decided that this thread is the only place I want to discuss giant robots who change into things. Every other place that focuses solely on this is full of raging sperglords who thing that a misplaced speech bubble is worth of condemnation (only a slight exaggeration)

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

Orbital are doing Black (Metal) Friday stuff, so I'm about to pop along and have a shufti.

Anything worthwhile? I was in Soho drinking tonight, wife went shopping for her stuff but said it was Hell on Earth. Although she didn't hit up any toy/comic shops. I'll be coming up through there tomorrow dinnertime-ish.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I have decided that this thread is the only place I want to discuss giant robots who change into things.
That's pretty much how it is. I follow a couple artists and writers from IDW on tumblr, and sometimes pop my head into the /co/ thread on 4chan which can be really fun in bursts but reading posts like "We all agreed Mairghread Scott is bad, stop discussing her!!!" just turns me off immensely. Just loving groupthink hopeful assholes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Goldskull posted:

Anything worthwhile? I was in Soho drinking tonight, wife went shopping for her stuff but said it was Hell on Earth. Although she didn't hit up any toy/comic shops. I'll be coming up through there tomorrow dinnertime-ish.

If you need Ultra Magnus, maybe.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Spiderdrake posted:

That's pretty much how it is. I follow a couple artists and writers from IDW on tumblr, and sometimes pop my head into the /co/ thread on 4chan which can be really fun in bursts but reading posts like "We all agreed Mairghread Scott is bad, stop discussing her!!!" just turns me off immensely. Just loving groupthink hopeful assholes.

I stopped posting in TFA because it was just so relentlessly negative. After five years I've gone back and it's the same posters being as negative now as they were back then. I just don't know what people are expecting from a comic about giant robots that turn into things? All I want in an issue is a start, middle and end with some decent character development and maybe a bit of a twist in there. That's all.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Serperoth posted:

I ordered myself Leader Megatron earlier today. 60 euros total, incl. shipping and all that, but it should be here next Thursday. Amazon UK had him 10 pounds off (40 pounds), and a friend confirmed that it was a solid price.

My first actual, planned, thought-out TF purchase :3:

Good choice, hes a great display piece.

Pro tip: Brainstorm and Springer are also awesome.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I have decided that this thread is the only place I want to discuss giant robots who change into things. Every other place that focuses solely on this is full of raging sperglords who thing that a misplaced speech bubble is worth of condemnation (only a slight exaggeration)

let me tell u about grammar and

Veg posted:

Good choice, hes a great display piece.

Pro tip: Brainstorm and Springer are also awesome.

They really are. I went back and got Springer because his mold-mate Sandstorm is also so awesome.

DT, are all the different size classes shipped from the factory at the same time? I have a Pile of Loot with Bruticus' limbs but no torso or gun... I made a the mistake I alluded to in a. earlier post and now I'm getting antsy to ship.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Oh hey Skylynx is a quadchanger

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

That looks painful.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Knormal posted:

That looks painful.

There's also a way to get him to be a quadruped in combined form

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

There's also a way to get him to be a quadruped in combined form

That would look silly.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Allow me to introduce the future of law enforcement technology

OCP pioneered technologies

State of the art destructive capabilities

So it turns out that serendipitously the emergency mini-con team fits Rook like they were presciently designed to. In robot mode, the legs in Makeshift (the osprey/gatling gun) have a hole in them which comfortably encircle the peg that folds up in Rook's backpack. Firebot (the firetruck/missile launcher) has a chestplate/head hider thing that slots -perfectly- into the slots on Rook's forearms. Prowl (the car/rifle thingy) pegs kinda adequately into Rook's hand holes (though honestly, he fits a lot better into all the bots with normal hands). In armored car mode, if one were to remove the center pin from Makeshift's powerlinx port, he would peg onto Rook's back peg.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

The Taint Reaper posted:

He's supposed to be a remold of Silverbolt, right? There are some serious differences on that guy.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Anora posted:

He's supposed to be a remold of Silverbolt, right? There are some serious differences on that guy.

No he's not a remold he's an entirely new mold.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.
I don't have a link because I'm stuck on mobile but GreenManGaming has Transformers Devastation Steam codes for $17.99 right now.

EDIT:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/transformers-devastation/

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Secret Santa good: I get some amazing new toys and books.

Secret Santa bad: Hunting thrift store and E - Bay for a gifts, I run into so many toys I didn't know existed and end up spending more money than expected on my self or I love the gift I bought and debate keeping it.

Can not wait to see what everybody gets this year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Anyone here ever use Jet.com? People in the FB groups seem to trust it and someone found MP Tracks listed and after using the NEWTOJET code he comes to $36 shipped.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
A pair of better Rook armaments

Too much weight for even Rook's mighty ball joints

Battleloid!

I guess there are people who aren't into Rook

Groove fires from a semiprone position because he is too stoned to stand up

His gun transforms into a car, a robot and a ridiculous sidecar

d d d do do
do do
d d d d d

take on me

take me on

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A scene from Prowl Blart: Mall Cop 3.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Never has a robot so wanted a table to flip.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Never has a robot so wanted a table to flip.

That was clearly the next panel, the table is right there!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

That was clearly the next panel, the table is right there!

Sadly, that is a balcony, if I remember correctly.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Speaking of which, is anyone else picking this rad lot?

I wasn't too impressed with Miko - she's cute, but the boobs ugh - but dat Prowl just gets me.

And picking up I mean I am splitting with hamster.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I'm gonna pick those guys up. Iron Factory does good work.

I have Sonitech and Fellows, they're quite good. If there was a way to just get their Soundwave and a Laserbeak, I'd jump at that. Too many redundant little guys in that pack. I don't need more weapon pods either, I don't even have Metroplex! They're just awesome Legends-class figures, though.

Miko/Windsaber is pretty good, boobs be damned. They're not a huge deal, I think.

Evil Lord is the bee's knees, he's so good. I had to file down a little of his gun's handle to get them to fit in his hands due to too much sprue plastic, and he's got a loose ramp that I can't figure out where to put when he's not in base mode, but the vehicle and robot modes are super, super good.

I received the Botcon Mirage and Thundercracker earlier this week (thanks, Strangehamster!) and they're both beautiful and strangely colored. I wonder why they felt they needed to make a Thundercracker out of a conehead. Both right arms needed a little plastic shaved off of the bicep so they could have the full range of intended movement. Very cool figures.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So the tfwiki lore of Powermater Prime apparently states that Apex is just Roller in an upgraded form. The US re-issue also says this.

So I guess the head to the Titans Returns Powermaster Prime is technically coming with Roller.. There's also been a bunch of rumors based on people zooming in and enhancing the details of the trailer that the mold will be used for Thunderclash because the trailer has many details that were not present on G1 Powermaster Op and yet are present on G1 Thunderclash(i.e. the cone shaped objects on the front of the trailer are similar to TC's missile launchers, the exposed mechanisms on the trailer are the same as TC's).

Then again worse comes to worse there's already a gold faced Titan master with blue so you could always just switch Apex out.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Electrostatic Shockwave is the best Transformer

Sizone fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Nov 30, 2015

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Sizone posted:

Electrostatic Shockwave

:raise:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ugh, they're doing an updated version of the KFC MP Blaster without the flaky metallic red paint, and tightened joints on the head so it's not bobbling about. Hmph.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

The_Doctor posted:

Ugh, they're doing an updated version of the KFC MP Blaster without the flaky metallic red paint, and tightened joints on the head so it's not bobbling about. Hmph.

Of course, that's after I get one. :doh:

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
By god, that new Sky Lynx looks amazing. I am not sure I'll ever have the need to combine it with anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Secht posted:

By god, that new Sky Lynx looks amazing. I am not sure I'll ever have the need to combine it with anything.

It would only ever be less than the sum of its parts.