Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blackheart posted:

I do like that even Overlord is "you know what nah, gently caress this noise, I've been wasting my life enough"

Issue is out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Onmi posted:

Issue is out?

there's an extra page been added to the preview Deathsaurus and Nickel succumb to the conscience bomb dropped by Rewind and call all the troops back. Overlord just looks at Megatron cowering in the bubble and is all "gently caress this noise, he's yours Tarn", leaving Tarn, Helex, Vos and Tesaurus to finish the job

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 24, 2016

JohnnyOso
Oct 9, 2007

a more refined age

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

And in further news, Roberts released the soundtrack and quotes to number 55 and I hope that it doesn't mean that Megatron is turning back :ohdear: because a few of the choices certainly lean that way

Where would I find the soundtrack listing? I normally check the wiki, but that is only up after the issue drops.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Twitter feed would be the best bet, check from around the 22nd onwards or I'll just link them here:

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/756603577313947648

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/756604056097984512

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/756606870023012354

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/756608832533659648

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/756610292348514305

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/756612265080655876

JohnnyOso
Oct 9, 2007

a more refined age

Twitter feed would be the best bet, check from around the 22nd onwards or I'll just link them here:

That was more than I was expecting, so thanks, man.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Half the fun with Roberts is combining the quotes he releases with the soundtrack and preview to figure out where the hell the issue is going and then being totally wrong about your hypothesis

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Any clue when the SDCC stuff will go on HTS?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Any clue when the SDCC stuff will go on HTS?
Usually goes up randomly in the following days. I think tuesday morning, last year.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I have no idea what any of it is going to translate to in the comic but I've never heard Daydreams in Blue before and now I'm hooked on it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

On a whim, I finally picked up RiD Thunderhoof and Fracture. They are my first RID figs, and they made a very good impression. Sure, both have the hollowness you'd expect but the design is solid. Both transformations are very well designed, particularly Thunderhoof (-very- creative transformation here) and neat weapon storage even. A lot to love here, I mean one's a MegaMan X maverick that turns into a goddam tractor, and the other is a slim mercenary with a gently caress-off cannon/sniper and one of the best bike transformations after Animated Prowl.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Thunderhoof makes me sad because he's such an incredible & fun character but his toy looks terrible because of the head spike things not resembling antlers at all. Like I get that's a realistic necessity, but man, it looks terrible.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I've never even seen Thunderhoof at retail, but I'd like to pick him up if/when I do.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xenomrph posted:

I've never even seen Thunderhoof at retail, but I'd like to pick him up if/when I do.

I think I missed the boat on him.

Any TRU deals this week? They had three of the RID guys that I want but $15 for hollow toys is a little salty.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spoilers for the next MTMTE are floating around now and people seem pretty mad at them. So be careful if you wanna read it fresh.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Yeah if the spoilers are correct than... it just sounds dumb. Like it's nothing to get angry over but it's very disappointing for something built up for so long. The DJD have been running about since the first few issues. So... yeah.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Welp.

Tarn is not Roller. He's Glitch? And the Necrobot rescued Roller and a bunch of others by using Brainstorm's time machine to pluck them out of history before they could die. Ah and the Necrobot's planet is the mold for Cybertron or something.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

It really is just a weird issue.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So if TR Megatron is a pretool of Blitzwing, I wonder what the Laser Prime looking dude is getting retooled into.

Or like, what is his third mode? It's not obvious at all from the leaked pictures.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Many people think that Prime shares tooling with Sixshot.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Xenomrph posted:

He's sharing a case with Quillshot, so if you see an ugly brown truck around, someone sniped your hoof.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So I waited til #55 was out to read up to #55 from #50, and read through them all tonight after however many weeks of waiting that was.

I gotta say, like, the best part about this issue is the fact MMC might not have enough time to fix Kultur's face.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Spiderdrake posted:

So I waited til #55 was out to read up to #55 from #50, and read through them all tonight after however many weeks of waiting that was.

I gotta say, like, the best part about this issue is the fact MMC might not have enough time to fix Kultur's face.

That's pretty good, another good part of this new issue of MTMTE is that Takara jumped the gun when making Roller part of Grand Galvatron

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'm loving all the angry cry babies on 2005 upset that they fell hook, line and sinker for a bunch of red herrings. "No one cared who I was before I put on the mask" indeed.

Loved Megatron's Rorschach moment, and him finally doing that thing I read on a tech spec 30 years ago.

That panel of Soundwave, man. :smith:

Where do we go from here then?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sentinel Red posted:

Where do we go from here then?
Two issues to do with Titans Return and then what ultimately looks like a partial canon reset.

I think there's some merit to the reveal being kind of stupid, assuming you take Tarn at face value and don't see him as some edgelord of tryhardia. I don't want to dig back for the Phy post where he was spot on, but since I think pretty lowly of the DJD (and actually, kinda feel like maybe Roberts does too?) I thought the reveal worked perfectly.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Rhyno posted:

Many people think that Prime shares tooling with Sixshot.

Different size classes

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I just realized Laser Prime could be a pretool for Octane/Tankor. He's even in the comics! As a ... A whatever he is.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Different size classes
Probably the same people who were arguing Chromedome was a combiner wars retool.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Re: Tarn in 55,

Glitch was in Shadowplay as the guy who disabled technology with touch. He was quoted as someday being able to apply it from a distance. Well.. no poo poo. :aaa:

Oh poo poo realisation, Glitch worked with Skids to stop the matrix bomb back before the war.. then recruited Skids to build the furnace. Jesus loving christ. :aaaaa:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

On the otherhand, All Hail Optimus was really good. Like I really enjoyed that issue.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

This season, this arc and this issue would have been nothing without Megatron and again Roberts absolutely slams it out of the park where he's concerned. That final panel of the main story, with his foot? Perfect. But the whole issue and this arc have been so, I dunno, unsatisfying. Revealing the truth about Dominus was a highlight but there was a whole lot of nothing along the way. And considering there were only eight fatalities total, and two on the LL side after we were told that it would affect the entire status quo, I don't see that. Ultimately, we're almost back where we started the arc, with just more bots on #TeamRodimus to help take back the LL (oh how convenient), and with one big Decepticon bad replaced with another.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

This season, this arc and this issue would have been nothing without Megatron and again Roberts absolutely slams it out of the park where he's concerned. That final panel of the main story, with his foot? Perfect. But the whole issue and this arc have been so, I dunno, unsatisfying. Revealing the truth about Dominus was a highlight but there was a whole lot of nothing along the way. And considering there were only eight fatalities total, and two on the LL side after we were told that it would affect the entire status quo, I don't see that. Ultimately, we're almost back where we started the arc, with just more bots on #TeamRodimus to help take back the LL (oh how convenient), and with one big Decepticon bad replaced with another.

Everything with Megatron has been great, and honestly MTMTE could have accurately been titled "Megatron: The Comic" and been pretty accurate. Easily one of the more compelling depictions of the character and his growth has been incredibly well done. I've seen someone say It sucks that He put on the decepticon mark them immediately dropped it in a few pages. I feel like that's missing the point. After he killed the DJD, he felt like a villain who accomplished nothing and broke his own word. He wanted to be with his broken plasma cannon because he felt like a monster. Seeing the results of what he had done, the lives that had been saved. That was why he crushed the mark, because it held no power over him anymore.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also loved the little touch of as soon as he saw his old friend, his fusion cannon just flew right off, as if he was disgusted with himself to be seen with it in front of him when moments before he was all NO IT'S MINE DON'T TOUCH IT.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
HTS have announced the SDCC stuff will go on sale August 9th. Gonna get me a FortMax I think.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

I just realized Laser Prime could be a pretool for Octane/Tankor. He's even in the comics! As a ... A whatever he is.

I was thinking the same. Prime having a plane third mode would pretty much seal it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Guess I'm missing out on Sky Lynx unless I remember to ebay for him later. Historically I've been pretty lucky finding stuff locally, but I can't compete with people buying up all the stock at a TRU in one go. And the Walmarts haven't restocked since Cyclonus/Hot Spot.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Maybe it is dumb but I kind of wanna see in the next issue just a sort of "this is where these bots got picked up to be in the DJD" before we move onto the next spot. Not to mention seeing something with the bots who got picked up by the Necrobot.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

Guess I'm missing out on Sky Lynx unless I remember to ebay for him later. Historically I've been pretty lucky finding stuff locally, but I can't compete with people buying up all the stock at a TRU in one go. And the Walmarts haven't restocked since Cyclonus/Hot Spot.

Yeah, same. As far as I know, very TRU and Walmart in 50 km is constantly cleared out of any Transformers that aren't the kids show ones. There can't be that many fans out here scooping them all up.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Veg posted:

Re: Tarn in 55,

Glitch was in Shadowplay as the guy who disabled technology with touch. He was quoted as someday being able to apply it from a distance. Well.. no poo poo. :aaa:

Oh poo poo realisation, Glitch worked with Skids to stop the matrix bomb back before the war.. then recruited Skids to build the furnace. Jesus loving christ. :aaaaa:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Good Listener posted:

Maybe it is dumb but I kind of wanna see in the next issue just a sort of "this is where these bots got picked up to be in the DJD" before we move onto the next spot. Not to mention seeing something with the bots who got picked up by the Necrobot.

Well, Getaway has 200 odd Autobots on his side in a quantum powered spaceship nipping around the galaxy looking for the Knights. Now Rodimus and friends (seemingly) have a few extra bodies to help even the odds when that showdown occurs

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ahahaha. Well fuckin played Roberts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I am pleased with how MTMTE went. despite my horribly broken heart.

As for formerly RID / soon to be Optimus Prime: I think IDW Optimus disturbs me more than the Bay version. This used to be a G1-like Papa Prime; now he straight up murders a dude screaming for mercy and then slams down the severed head in front of a/the leader of who he just invaded while ranting about bringing them freedom by forcing them to be colonized.