Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Blackheart posted:

Suddenly, Broadside.

(TR Broadside proto/test shot)

Eager to see the alt modes, since the voyager classes so far have had very meh alts so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Well now I can't not see that, THANKS JERK

40Inch
Aug 15, 2002

Tighclops posted:

On the other hand the fact that I never found CW Sky Lynx haunts me. I got the whole team assuming I could find him later and failed. I failed!

I had given up on finding CW Shockwave, especially after TR started showing up. Then yesterday one showed up randomly in the TRU one town over, mixed in with TR legends.

Never give up!

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

What's wrong with Broadside's altmodes? He carries a bunch of jets into a fight, then BECOMES A JET HIMSELF ONCE THEY ARE ALL FIGHTING SO HE CAN FIGHT MORE.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I feel bad for Broadside, because his terrible alt modes is all anyone remembers about him.

Anora posted:

Awesome, you're the best DT, you never let us down.

Something I never thought I'd read in BSS.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Weird find of the year, local newsagent has a buttload of Generations Powerdive in stock amongst the usual cheap toys. Even weirder because Generations was TRU only back then.

Tighclops posted:

On the other hand the fact that I never found CW Sky Lynx haunts me. I got the whole team assuming I could find him later and failed. I failed!
Kapow has him, but they're UK based. I vaguely plan to get him there myself someday.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

WickedHate posted:

I feel bad for Broadside, because his terrible alt modes is all anyone remembers about him.

The only thing people freak out about is how he becomes an Aircraft carrier and then the thing that he should carry, which involves a lot of Mass Shifting.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He should go from aircraft carrier to SHIELD helicarrier.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Anora posted:

The only thing people freak out about is how he becomes an Aircraft carrier and then the thing that he should carry, which involves a lot of Mass Shifting.

I know, I count that combination as a terrible alt mode.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I thought people ragged on Broadside's alt modes because they all look Armada Sideswipe-tier awful.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh man, Patrick Boivin made another transformers-related video. This one is scripted by his son, who many know as Kung-Fu Baby on youtube. :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y98ZK_l-e0&hd=1

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh man, Patrick Boivin made another transformers-related video. This one is scripted by his son, who many know as Kung-Fu Baby on youtube. :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y98ZK_l-e0&hd=1

Uh, is this the new Rickroll?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
YOU SAW NOTHING.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TFRazorsaw posted:

I thought people ragged on Broadside's alt modes because they all look Armada Sideswipe-tier awful.

It is a pretty lovely jet, that too.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The aircraft carrier and robot mode are also bad.

He's the worst G1 triple changer by a wide margin

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Worst G1 triple changer is a pretty faint insult. That's probably the best club to be in after Headmasters.

Also! Why hello there Rioter Despotron!

What's that in your chest?

oh you stole the Matrix

(neat)

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I finally picked up a Ikea Deatolfs when I was visiting family in the Kansas City area last week and I am super impressed with this silly cabinet. I have no idea how but my wife says it makes my collection look more adult in the Ikea product vs all over my computer desk, all I know is I love having all my toys in a sweet shelf, everything looks so bad rear end. Now I need to find some cheap LEDs I can solder together and run some interior lighting.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rythe posted:

I was visiting family in the Kansas City area

My condolences.

Speaking of shelves, I love finding stores that are remodeling and getting cheap or free shelves. I just picked up one of those Beanie Baby Beanie-boo shelves cause a friend's work was getting rid of it. And while it is open to the air, it has 5 decently placed shelves with a clear plastic guard, and the top one has a bar that is meant for the sign, which is great as a bar to lean guys on. A year or so ago they got rid of their vaping stuff, so I got a 4 shelf clear acrylic cabinet thing. The top shelf on that one is perfect for Deluxes, and the bottom three are great for anything but really tall Legends (like Skrapnel).

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I really want a Titans Return Slugslinger. Always one of my favourite bot modes.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Broadside should come with two different Headmasters for maximum show accuracy.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
The best part about how good things are right now is that neither of those last two wishes/suggestions seem unrealistic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rythe posted:

I finally picked up a Ikea Deatolfs when I was visiting family in the Kansas City area last week and I am super impressed with this silly cabinet. I have no idea how but my wife says it makes my collection look more adult in the Ikea product vs all over my computer desk, all I know is I love having all my toys in a sweet shelf, everything looks so bad rear end. Now I need to find some cheap LEDs I can solder together and run some interior lighting.

There are LED kits at IKEA designed for the detolf.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Rhyno posted:

There are LED kits at IKEA designed for the detolf.

I saw those but they are expensive vs making some small ones that I can use to light up each shelf.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rythe posted:

I saw those but they are expensive vs making some small ones that I can use to light up each shelf.

$20 is expensive?

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Rhyno posted:

$20 is expensive?

I am in the wrong toy collection if $20 is to expensive. The only reason I am not using the Ikea lights is I like to solder, as it is something I don't get to do often, I enjoy making things and I think I could come up with a nice set of LEDs that are fairly hard to see but light each shelf nicely.

Also I am super bummed out about the upcoming Astro Train, I love his robot mode but I am just not feeling the alt modes, especially the trains. That's the problem with newer versions of your favorite bot, nothing is probably going to live up to the older models, than again Six Shot is going to be a must buy for me, I need the updated model next to my original.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm not sure about not feeling Astrotrain's altmodes but giving Sixshot a pass.

Anyway, new upcoming toy listings:

- Voyager Broadside, which we know about now, with an unknown wave companion (would they do the armada megs deal again and release his repaint in the same wave?)
- Voyager Blitzwing and Octane (wave 5?)

-Legends Cosmos (a new mold? unknown at the moment) and Seaspray (finally)

-Titan Masters Toraizer (that lil' Lion dude) Optimus Prime (a new Prime head?) and Ramhorn (weirdly, not a legends)

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It sounded like Broadside was the only new voyager in his wave, so it'll probably be Optimus/Megatron for Wave 3, and then 2 Broadside + 1/1 for wave 4, which of course Optimuses for everyone.

I feel like Cosmos has to be a new mold, since his old mold doesn't have the play pattern gimmick and/or isn't a tape.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

That stuff is good and all, but when the gently caress are we getting Rumble, Frenzy and Eject?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Frenzy should have been Soundwave's head.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Silhouette posted:

That stuff is good and all, but when the gently caress are we getting Rumble, Frenzy and Eject?
Rumble is in the next wave. Frenzy and Eject are rumored but don't have set waves yet.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is there a halfway decent KO of MP10 because I don't want to spend £150 just to have a scale buddy for Despotron.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

Is there a halfway decent KO of MP10 because I don't want to spend £150 just to have a scale buddy for Despotron.

Nothing currently available.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Blackheart posted:

I'm not sure about not feeling Astrotrain's altmodes but giving Sixshot a pass.
Sixshot's alt modes have always been, let's be generous and say "Cybertronian". His TR figure looks pretty much like an updated version of his G1 modes. Astrotrain used to actually look like a shuttle and a train, now he's a decent-enough Cybertronian shuttle, and then some other thing. If not for the train-like front on the back of his feet you'd never identify that alt mdoe as a train.

I'm fine with it for Sentinal Prime since he never really had any well-established alt modes, but I also find it disappointing for Astrotrain.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
If they could have worked in some way to segment him so the front and back ends were able to form a bend around the middle part, he would look amazing.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Yeah the only real update to his alt-modes has been his gun form replaced with a "submarine"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Does MP Shockwave's neck lock in at all in robot mode?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Yeah you have to push his head right back so it brings up the plate under his head, it's a bit finicky but it will lock in.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Transformers movie already looking for actor to play King Arthur. Also, filming scenes with a knight in it

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

But will Warpath joust against Ramjet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The MSJ posted:

New Transformers movie already looking for actor to play King Arthur. Also, filming scenes with a knight in it

Well he must be the King. He hasn't got poo poo all over him.