Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Those new Masterpiece announcements are so sexy. Glad to see companies finally giving in to TakTomy and making cool poo poo for us again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rei_ posted:

Lot of disrespect being shown towards the Japanese G1 and Unicron Trilogy in that OP, people.

Unicron Trilogy is dildos, thanks for playing.

Also OP its live action

And thirdly, Generations Sandstorm has been spotted at a California TRU.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 21, 2013

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Phy posted:

It's in archives, but the OP had that thread in CD that dramatically reinterpreted the Bay films as a scathing condemnation of modern American culture. I figure if anyone's got the cred to open a new thread, it'd be her.

Well its one thing to reinterpret the films as poo poo, but entirely another to participate in the daily discussions of the other aspects of the license. However the customizing pictures so far have been a good example of that diversity, so I don't mind at all. I think what Sentinel and others, myself included, were worried about when Terry first popped up wanting to make a new OP, was the fact that until that moment, we didn't see Terry posting in that thread. However the OP is well written, and she's posted pictures of customizing Ratchet so fears assuaged.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sandstorm sighted at Targets in Seattle area.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So my buddies over at Ed Bomber Toys and Palace Gifts have a neat exclusive their debuting at Botcon this year, here's the teaser pic:

More details coming Monday!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

"Metroplex heeds the call of the Last Prime." is the only one I need though. :allears:

Yup, that drat phrase gives me chills every time I hear it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sire Oblivion posted:

This is going to be an amazing toy line if they don't cheap out.

poo poo deluxe released at $15.99, HA version announced for US release, never makes it. Japanese HA release, $100.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The Rage posted:

So my buddies over at Ed Bomber Toys and Palace Gifts have a neat exclusive their debuting at Botcon this year, here's the teaser pic:

More details coming Monday!

Update from edbomberToys about Not-Shackwave:

This will be an edbomberToys exclusive item limited to a run of 350. It will be made available at our third party party at BotCon hopefully thursday. We will have 100 units at the show to be purchased in person.

The remaining units will be sold through our site. Will we put up Pre-Orders thursday morning.

Price: Gray Quakewave will be at a special $175.00 until the end of BotCon on Sunday. If there are any units left after that, the price will then go to the regular price of $200.00

Item Details: From Fans Toys is a redeco of Quake Wave in a Gray color scheme. The toy comes with LEDs in the eye of the figure and in the gun barrel of the arm which light up (batteries not included). Out of the box Quake Wave will come with a smoke colored hand & gun barrel but also included is an optional clear red colored hand and gun barrel.

New to the Quake Wave figure is the additional of a part provided by Fans Toys which will allow the figure to have the hose from the back connect to the underside of the arm. This conversion removes the electronics but still allows for proper conversion.

UPDATES: There have been a few questions and we'll try to address them here. There will be strict limit of 2 pc per order. Any orders with more than 2 will be cancelled.

While we'll do our best to get you the best looking box, we cannot guarantee perfect boxes as with overseas shipping we run into lots of boxes getting dings and such.

Fans Toys designed a wonderful toy and definitely one that deserves to be opened.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

gently caress, after seeing the Rainmakers now I want a set.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Metroplex is going up for pre-order at BBTS on Monday. $110.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

SDCC version description indicates it's basically the Takara deco.

Very curious about the "12 miniature Autobot and Decepticon figures" mentioned at the end there.

Upside at $149.99 it shouldn't sell out immediately on HTS after the Con.

Also Acid Storm gallery, and confirmation that he's MP-01 on the new numbering system, due out in July.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/masterpiece-acid-storm-botcon-2013-images-177877/

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22897&mode=retail

BBTS Metroplex pre-order opens July 1 (Monday) $109.99

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

Probably only worth it if you don't have Amazon Prime. That sucker's going to cost at least $15 to ship from BBTS, I'll wager.

With tax and Prime shipping Amazon is $135 for me.

With no tax and shipping BBTS is $125.

Now to decide if saving :10bux: is worth the extra wait time.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Lots of good stuff, but during the panel the Hasbro rep said they wanted to go back to simpler transformations. Basically turning Cyberverse Commanders in Deluxes/Voyagers. I sure hope that doesn't mean less articulation and detail, but if it did it would be par for the course so far.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

3 posted:

I've got news:

yes that is a loving deluxe

Goddamn I hope thats just for Prime:BH molds and doesn't bleed over into Generations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Phy posted:

At least back in Armada, when they were putting out relative hunks of wood like Smokescreen and Blurr, at least you got a Minicon alongside the hunk of wood. Sometimes the Minicon was even a little better articulated!

e: Awesome that we're getting Gundam HeavyarmsSkids though.

Yeah but you're getting a sword with your hunk of wood. MSRP $14.99.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Knormal posted:

As long as those upscaled legends are a cheaper subline or at the very least stay on the Beast Hunters side I think that's actually a good idea. I know as a kid I used to be annoyed having to stop playing to transform some of the more complex G1 figures like Jetfire, and those guys are nothing compared to a modern figure. For kids simple figures are good, and Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing that on the Generations side. Those new Generations deluxes and voyagers are gorgeous.

In other, third-party, news, loving FINALLY:

From the guys that did the FoC Omega Supreme, so it actually has a chance of coming out.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/planet-x-fall-of-cybertron-swoop-177881/

Sold.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

If those are literally scaled-up Legends, does that mean you'll be able to make that terrible Abominus out of Deluxes now? Because that might actually cross the line into awesome.

Edit: Oh, and good call putting out another repaint of the Voyager Predaking mold, Hasbro. That won't clog shelves up more or anything.

Turns out no, they don't combine. And all those articulationless lumps of poo poo? Still retailing for $12.99.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

My theory is they'll be a labeled subline to try and get smaller kids to enjoy the toys. I mean they are still putting out regular deluxes (look at Prowl), and the Generations line is the same. Who cares really, I just won't buy the upscaled legends and leave it at that. I do want Prowl and the new Predaking, even though it looks like the dragon head just hangs back there in his rear end. That sword looks killer.

Oh and hey, Generations is gonna be amazing.

Of course, the upscaled legends is likely the only thing that will ever come to local stores. We're kinda special like that :downs:

I wouldn't hold your breath. Prowl is part of the final 2013 waves. 2014 Prime:BH are all the upscaled poo poo fest.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Get ready to camp TRU.com on July 18th:

http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/p...www.toysrus.com

http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/p...www.toysrus.com

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

When do these typically actually go on sale? I need that Soundwave.

When Prime went up I want to say it was like, 6AM EST, cause I had to have one of my buddies call me at 3AM to wake my rear end up to jump on the site and order it. So I'd say Check at midnight EST, midnight PST, then 6AM EST and finally 6AM PST. Or just keep watching this thread, cause I'm sure once it goes up I'll freak out and post about it.

edit: Here's the desktop site links

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038406

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

How fast do they usually sell out?

Depends on the character. Thundercracker stuck around for 12 hours or so. Prime was gone in a couple hours.

And that was just the first time TC went up, he's still available as far as I know.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

While I don't normally advocate buying anything from TFSource over their issues in the past, they've got MP-12 on sale for $109.99. Still a $50 savings from BBTS price right now, and only $30 over original retail.

http://tfsource.com/masterpiece/mp-12-sideswipe/

edit: its a Pre-Order for a restock their expecting in "early July" so considering the restock of Soundwave they never got, YMMV.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 1, 2013

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

If anybody didn't want to try their luck with TFSource for MP-12 Lambor, my buddy Ed Bomber is getting a shipment in a week at $99.99

http://www.edbomber.com/main/index.php/japanese-transformers/masterpiece/mp-12-masterpiece-sideswipe-lambor.html

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Maybe Hasbro is releasing the IDW characters as a way of testing the water with MTMTE on the general public? :ohdear:

I wish this so much. Then I see the BH 2014 line-up and I weep.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

I would watch Prime on Hub, but I only get the SD Hub, so it's postage-stamped and ugly as hell. My only options are YouTube or waiting for the Blu-Rays.

Yeah that is one of the primary reasons why I stopped watching season 2. Could not get over why the formatting was so drat bad.

Charter had HD HUB in time for season 3 but by then I just didn't care about the story anymore.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

You Am I posted:

Seriously, people paid $160 for MP12? I got mine for $79, but was very disappointed in the quality of it (miscoloured plastics mainly)

Yeah there was a licensing scare that made it scarce as gently caress. So any warehouse finds were double the price.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

And the TRU.com listings for both Acid Storm and Soundwave have been pulled now too. I wonder if someone hosed up bad yesterday.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

No Your Other Left posted:

I've literally only seen one Thundercracker, nothing else ever, and it was gone the next day. The TRU nearby stinks.

Yeah my local (30 miles away) TRU is just as bad, we got one case of MP-10 (2) and they were gone before I could even get down there, and zero Thundercrackers.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

No Your Other Left posted:

Looks like the TRU Masterpieces have been scrubbed from the site entirely. Before they still showed up in the drop-down search results but led to a "no results" page. Now they don't even show up in the drop-down menu.

Also, I keep hearing people referring to SDCC exclusives when talking about how they got mistakenly put up on eBay. Do TRU actually sell them there, or were there exclusives put up on there at the same time?

TRU in the past has sold their SDCC exclusives online after SDCC. So it looks like their plan this year is to release everything at the same time, both at SDCC and online.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah I'm really hoping that Whirl is mistransformed. Otherwise that thing is a piece of poo poo.

edit: And where the gently caress are his hands?!?

edit2: Skids looks loving amazing though.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 18, 2013

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Midnight EST come and gone. Midnight PST in 2 hours and change. According to the Washington/Oregon/California distribution center, they have 1000 on hand, with 995 earmarked for online orders only.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

Any word on if it'll be on their official site only or if they'll use the eBay store again as well?

Considering they gave out eBay store coupons, I would wager both.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

On the other hand, considering they gave out ebay coupons they might not want to have all 100-200 of them redeemed on an expensive purchase like this.

I tend to err on the side of the dick move :smithicide:

Good point. Also if anybody wants to search by item and product numbers for Soundwave instead of just name, here you go:

SKU: 19038126

Prduct: 653569878926

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

:siren: ITS LIVE :siren:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19038126

:siren: GET IT QUICK :siren:

edit: Acid Storm still not available for some reason.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jul 18, 2013

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I guess Acid Storm is finally sold out, he never showed as "in stock" for me, I guess you had to clear your cache to see him.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

Thanks TF fans, for asking the important questions. :ughh:

Burn down the fandom.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

The knight design for the new ladyplanebot looked better. :saddowns:

Oh cool its a female Drift. I love the originality of this fandom.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I just wanna know who/where they polled about this character? I never saw a vote/checklist/survey. Was this just something FunPub handed out to the Uber Fans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I'm gonna do my best to get an SDCC one whatever day they go up this week, but if I miss it, I miss it. Chrome and a few extra paint apps aren't world ending for me, but since its the only thing I want from SDCC this year, its gonna make my HTS chances a lot better with only putting one item in my cart.