Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I have no Masterpieces, I was tempted to get Tiger Track (Sunstreaker) at £85, but gently caress him, if MP-20 is Wheeljack I'm all over that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

To be fair, MP Sideswipe \ Red Alert is really, really good, and is worth tracking down if you can find one. Same with Prime Ver. 2 and Soundwave.

...If you can find them. For not insane prices.

Well that's the thing. I have G1 Red Alert re-issue & G1 Breakdown to fulfill my Countach needs at the minute, I never had Sunstreaker as a kid. I mentioned in the old thread next purchases will be Gen Sandstorm and the FoC Wreckers, so that's ~£120+ right there if I can find them. Plus my lass would kill me straight spending between £60-80 on one toy at this point.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

^^Oh yeah, I know G1 Sunstreaker was a different mold from Sideswipe/Red Alert, and mainly made out of metal too. UK eBay G1 Sunstreaker prices (especially with fists/weapons) are really high too these days, especially for how goofy he looks in Robot mode. MP Tiger Track is a recolour/slight retool of MP Sideswipe though no?

What I actually meant was the £85 I'd possibly do on him, I'll save for MP Wheeljack, not holding out hopes for original Ailitalia deco though.

Plus, Am I the only one that thinks forthcoming MP Smokescreen looks like it's made from the cheapest plastic ever? That's another one Id've had straight away but I'm not convinced by the photos up on TF2005 so far.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Good news for UK fans:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=603004433053090&set=a.573739832646217.1073741828.284302084923328&type=1&theater
Kapow have sorted out their wholesale deal, meaning upcoming MP's will be £55 or thereabouts. gently caress yes! I can just about get away with that price for MP Wheeljack to my lass...

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Yeah Electramotive Smokescreen colours or nothing. I'm still not sure the MP version doesn't look cheap and plastic though. I don't mind the comic/cartoon shoulder cannons but the pics I've seen makes him look like poo poo compared to MP Prowl/Bluestreak.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Transformers 4: Robots in Disguise.

In the most noticeably expensive cars that turn heads in anywhere but a high end trade show or Monaco.

Saying that I suppose G1 was like that a bit, because F1 cars and Lamborghini Countachs where commonplace on the streets in 85.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Revolver Bunker posted:

That was before I got back into Transformers and had income to spend. Is he even possible to find in box for a decent price nowadays?

I might sound simple but who/what is that?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I missed out last year on an MP Thundercracker on UK ebay that went for £26, and about 50p more than my maximum bid.
Looking through a few days ago, there was a Black Zarak MISB that was upto $4000 with 22 bids. People really have the money on this day and age to rock that kind of money on a G1 Scorponok recolour?
How many people have the new Sandstorm? I'm considering it but after Blitzwing and hearing problems here about Springer, does it have tabbing problems too?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Clears that up for me then. Not that I don't spend enough money on 80's robots from my childhood but that's insane.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Or til they seize it at Customs and make you pay £XX above to get it through. This is why I get stuff off ebay in the UK or Kapow.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Why is Armada Prime escond in that Masterpiece Poll anyway? I thought Armada was universally reviled?

Saying that I have 2 of those Armada Primes and the big Scorponok style Megatron Tank from when an old company I worked at had the Armada license from Hasbro. Prime wasn't that bad (aside from the 2 gold fists sticking out the back of the truck) but the trailer thing that he combined with was a total piece of poo poo to make stay together.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Going on with Generations/RTS/HFTD whatever lines, what was the thinking? I got HFTD Seaspray loose off eBay, I assumed he was Generations but apparently a better repaint of Deepdive from...I don't know, RTS, Targetmaster Cyclonus which is ? RTS Lugnut, etc etc. Shouldn't they all be the same thing?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Well gently caress you, I only found out there was a G1 Whirl the other day, I thought he was just comic like Impactor and Rack'n'Ruin. I know Whirl never got across to the UK. I did have Topspin & Twintwist though.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Didn't even need Ultra Magnus

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

TRU UK have a MP Soundwave listing, but it's 119.99 pounds. So about $200. So much for competitive pricing.

OOF, Even Kapow have it for £135 + postage.
Final Edition if that means anything
http://www.kapowtoys.co.uk/mp13-masterpiece-soundwave-final-p-6315.html

My Fiancee actually gave me the go ahead to get £155 Metroplex today, if I can find a place to put it. I will have him as my surrogate child and take him by the hand everywhere, but yeah. I can afford it, but I don't know if I can even justify it to myself. When resting he can live on top of the shelves stood with G1 Predaking and Piranhacon.
I'm more thinking pay that now and in 3-4 years it'll be £300+ on eBay, not that I'm one for scalping/selling them on.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

After much discussion (inside my head) I just ordered Metroplex and Sandstorm, for ~£190. My lass might kill me but gently caress it, works good at the minute.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

And WHERE'S A loving DECENT GALVATRON GUYS?!?

This is a good point. It can't be that hard. G1 looked like poo poo and the Classics one wasn't much better.

Goldskull fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 10, 2013

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

And so the Blitzwing problems continue. He's lost a ton of paint from the top/front of his helmet, and I've had him in Jet mode twice. I may even buy the Dr Wu replacement set if it's cheap enough, but I shouldn't be doing this on a loving £33 figure. His shoulders I can live with, they don't seem that important in hindsight.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

BXCX posted:

My Blitzwing head came pre-chipped, I'm leaving it in the box on the off chance I find another one in the wild to exchange it, but voyagers are extra hard to find in my area for some reason. How much are the Dr. Wu heads supposed to run?

No idea, they're at the prototype stage at the minute
http://tformers.com/transformers-dr-wu-dw-p17-bitz/20763/news.html
Anymore than £10 and I'm out, but I'm kidding myself on that. I got Sandstorm coming next week anyways, still utterly disappointed with Blitzwing, given he was a birthday present off my lass. Should've gone with Springer.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

^^^Yeah, get Doubledealer/Springer or Sandstorm, Blitzwing just isn't worth the hassle or disappointment.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

http://www.epicheroes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_68&products_id=8814

£360 for MP Grimlock and now Classics Jetfire is supposed to be an MP too? I know Grimlock goes for £200+ now but gently caress me, I have that jetfire I got in a job lot off eBay for about £25, including a Binaltech Shockblast. Why is this so expensive?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Was it on the main road in Edgware or am I thinking of something else? And I have no intention of buying that at all, and certainly not from there, it just popped up on my Facebook feed and I was all 'HOW MUCH?"

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

That's the one, yup. Just down from the nice Chinese buffet.

Ah right then. I didn't know it was going as bricks & mortar anymore, it's probably 8 years since I've been up that way and it was more of a comic shop. I remember them having lots of McFarlane Toys Venoms though. Lots and lots of them.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I worded my response a bit wrong, I got the bit that it wasn't there anymore. Probably for the best. Kapow Toys are my boys anyway, especially the upcoming deal they've sorted for the new Masterpieces incoming.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Got my Sandstorm yesterday, and he's a gently caress of a lot better than Blitzwang. Seems to have some tabbing issues in Dune Buggy mode, namely the top of his shoulders don't sit right as the sides of the windscreen, but 'll live with that. VTOL mode kicks arse though, even if I can't find any discernable way of attaching his missile launcher to the bottom. Still not particularly impressed with Hasbro's QC department recently.
I got Metroplex too, but I didn't have a big enough bag to transport him back from the pub it was delivered to.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

That Fisitron came up on Kapow and I was going to ask what it's supposed to be. Some kind of Ironhide variant?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

Would anyone like to buy some of my TF figures before I try eBay? Heading back to University so it's time to clear out sadly:

Reveal the Shield Wreck-Gar (still in packaging)

I'd be interested in this, I need more bearded robots shout me at attackships at gmail dot com

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

WendigoJohnson posted:

The G1 backstory was that Wheeljack used Autobot resources to build the Dinobots because....

The comic one was the only one that made any sense, Shockwave braindamages a bunch of Autobots and makes them his experiments.

Also it's a myth that walking vehicles would topple over under heavy fire, John Deere made some magic tree cutting robot that doesn't do that. It's designed to pillage trees while also surviving assorted fire from groups of South American rebels.

Where you getting this from? The G1 comic tale was The Ark re-purposed Grimlock et al as Dinosaurs to combat Shockwave a few hundred thousand years ago when he came looking for..the Ark/Decepticons I suppose. They all fought to a standstill and ended up trapped in a tar pit for that time, then they all got loose.

I'm going off memory here, i'll check the G1 comics I have then come back.

Also WendigoJohnson no bother, let me know.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

WendigoJohnson posted:

I was talking about the IDW war within origin.

There's already a Generations Backstop. He was released in the 2010 line.

My Bad on this, I was shouting BizarroAzrael on his Wreck-Gar rather than calling you out on the G1 Dinobots thing, got your names mixed up.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I've a few days off from tomorrow, I might have a stab at a 'reality scale G1 Bruticus' drawing.

The other thing I thought of today was why aren't any 3rd Partys having a go at Snapdragon or Apeface Horrorcons? I have G1 Snapdragon, he doesn't need much doing to but robot Apeface is loving terrible.

I'm not a fan of the 3rd party Weirdwolf either, it looks like an emaciated fox in wolf mode.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

SOLD on Smokescreen now they got the decals more or less right.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

edit: nevermind it's China bullshit knockoffs now I look into it.

Goldskull fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 11, 2013

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I don't understand what anyone's problem is, Diesel AKA Motormaster looks loving awesome and I've been wanting to buy the FP Stunticons since they were announced, but I don't have £350 spare. I have the original G1 Menasor and I'd love to have the full combiner to go side by side.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

UK peeps, Kapow Toys have a sale on at the moment, started this morning. Pity I already bought Generations Sandstorm (going for £20) but got me a Trailcutter for £12.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

^^Which is exactly what I said a while back. My VTOL mode has no probs, its Dune Buggy where the shoulders/windshield bits won't peg in.

The instructions say ^ gun in VTOL mode at the front but it doesn't fit in anywhere.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Well I finally put batteries in my Metroplex and I've got to say I'm disappointed. An industrial noise and one phrase? The Helipcopter Megatron I have I got for £5 has 3 phrases/noises. Metroplex still loving rules though, given the biggest thing I have next to him is G1 Predaking and that comes up to his knee.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Makes a 10 second industrial noise and then says 'He heeds the call of the last Prime' and it's a mare hitting the chest button to make him say that too. Am I missing something?

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

From Kapow Toys in the UK. Instructions look like a US version. Doesn't look like the button contacts are that great either.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I don't have the box anymore, hitting the chest button makes a significant 'transform/industrial' noise, hitting it again he speaks the 'Last prime' phrase and that's it for noises. And his eyes/chest flash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

SpikeMcclane posted:

Another possibility: bad battery connection. When I first got mine, it would only occasionally make any noise at all, and usually just the first of the set. Most of the time, hitting the button did nothing, but I fixed it all with a chunk of tin foil stuffed in the battery compartment, just like we did back in the 80s.

Ah the old school solution. I'll try that, the back battery compartment seems a bit loose anyway despite me screwing it in as far as I can.

In other news, MP Smokescreen ordered because Smokescreen rules. Still waiting to see pics of MP Wheeljack, couldn't care less about the Bumblebee.