Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I dont think the Eldrazi in the Chant of Mul Daya deck are bad, really. Ulamog's Crusher is pretty meh, but Artisan of Kozilek and It That Betrays are pretty sweet.

Also it has Plow Under :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

retro sexual posted:

Elvish piper + any eldrazi is going to be mean

Depends on how much removal is going around. 4 for a 1/1 that you can't activate on the turn you play it isn't that great. I'd rather just ramp more.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I'd be tempted to cut Endless Ranks, Quest and a Walking Corpse for Corrupt/Tendrils both are pretty good finishers/removal.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

coyo7e posted:

I'm still tempted for the single player game, and for the scavenger ooze.

I bought it for the singleplayer; I just want to play magic on the go :shobon:

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I run the Commanders over Mob. I just dislike Mob and Commander pumps your side.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

The AI also realllly hates blocking Doomed Travelers and occasionally Butcher Ghouls

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

legoman727 posted:

How'd you pull that off? Does the AI just stop playing Cultists after they hit six? Every time I've tried that for the win without doing combat damage achieve, they always empty their hand by turn 4.

That encounter becomes hilariously easy with some decks. Getting three fo the Cultists with Flames of the Firebrand really trips them up if you do it early enough.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

goferchan posted:

I guess if I use a spell that "cheats" the Hydra onto the battlefield from graveyard without actually paying to summon it it's the same deal, right? It doesn't retain the counters in the graveyard so it's a 0/0 when I bring it back?

Yup: you never payed anything for X so the hydra comes in, goes "How Much was X", sees X = 0(since it was never payed) and dies since no counters were added.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Force of Will also gives Mind Maze the luxury of tapping out and still being able to counter; it's on around the same level as Flameblast in 2013, in my opinion, if not higher.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Lunsku posted:

Come on, they were not, and I'd kindly ask that you provide some reference if you insist otherwise. I am not a constructed player but only Eldrazi related card I remember having a semi-consistent Standard showing was Eldrazi Conscription in the mythic bant deck thanks to Sovereigns of the Lost Alara, for the little while that Alara Reborn and Rise of the Eldrazi were Standard legal at the same time. Even for the ramp deck of the time the preferred ramp target from Zendikar block was to my memory Avenger of Zendikar. Emrakul is to my understanding an excellent Modern Tron or Legacy "cheat guy to play from hand" (I assume, I know next to nothing about Legacy) target, but that does not a warped format make.

You mentioning titans there makes makes me ask if you are just confused on what the Eldrazi mean here, and they are not the Magic 2011-2012 titans that certainly were, Primeval Titan first and foremost, pretty much ever present during the Standard where they were legal.

Yeah, the titans made way more of an impact than the eldrazi did considering for 6 drops became "why am I running this over a Titan".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Blue's the poster colour, considering Jace is their most popular Planeswalker :v:

• Locked thread