Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Elvish piper + any eldrazi is going to be mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
On iPad it plays sound even when the iPad sound switch is set to mute. Grumble.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
The encounters in this are far more fun than 2013's ones (eg play a 1/1 flyer every turn forever!)

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Probably because they spread rares out in physical boosters. Actual randomness is different

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Mr. Peepers posted:

Boosters not being completely random is supposed to make for a better drafting environment. E.g. if every pack was truly random, you might have a draft where 12 of the 24 rares were all one color or open a pack with 9 red cards. Many people buy boxes to draft with so there you go.

If real boosters aren't completely random (a good idea), then the boosters you open in sealed in Magic 2014 should also not be completely random.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
On the plus side not only are they also wasting uncommon slots in your opponents sealed deck pools, they are probably including them in their decks :D

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Speaking of which. Can anyone explain how to manually assign damage to multiple blockers on the ipad version? I obviously wanted it off, but again and again I was assigning it wrongly due to their bizarro UI implementation that makes no sense.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Yep, but with the ipad UI, how do I do exactly that

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Really if Annihilator was an ability with no X number next to it, (ie always annihilator 1), it would be far better.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
I count it as a spell not a land when accounting for how much land to put in, so I have 24 forest + the eye myself. Don't count it as a land when deciding whether to mulligan (eg, 1 forest + eye probably mulligan it). It's really good to have it in the deck since you can ramp massively and have like 8 forests by T4, but then no fatties in hand. Draw a primeval titan (or green sun zenith and get the titan with it), that lets you fetch the eye of ugin as soon as you cast him, and now you don't have the problem of not having fatties in hand (you can fetch your 2 eldrazi..).

The -2 casting cost to eldrazi and your wipe spell is just a nice side effect

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
Have to say I don't use the daybreak coronets myself

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

I guess I just hate the fact that you need daybreak coronet to be the 2nd aura on a creature. That's a 3-for-1 if they have any removal, while if you have a creature and just the coronet you can't even use it. There are a lot of good auras already (eg angelic destiny is amazing), I'm barely halfway through the unlocks and cutting is starting to get a little difficult.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
I'll give them a go at some point and see how it fares. I pulled it out of the 2013 white aura deck too so just naturally removed it this time :)

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
So are the promo codes working on ipad now? Or do we have to wait for an app update like for the first 5?

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

habanero walrus posted:

Once it gets counters it shuts down anything smaller than a 3/3 just by sitting on the board (and bigger if they keep getting to attack and accumulate counters) and also makes their guys really hard to kill. It's hard to comprehend just how unbelievably stupid it is if you've never seen it in action.

On the plus side it might mean you don't cut all the disenchant-style spells & effects immediately (which I certainly do right now)

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
So did this update fix the constant crashing on iPad with ios7?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005

Jibo posted:

I'm kind of new to this whole iPad thing but I recently upgraded to an iPad Air after having bought DOTP 2014 and all the DLC on my old iPad 2. I backed everything up and all my other apps and saves and poo poo transferred over but my DLC for DOTP doesn't seem to have carried over and it wants me to buy it all again. Is there some way for me to make the game realize I've already purchased it?

There should be a restore purchases button. Your deck unlocks (ie savegame) will probably be gone though (egads)

• Locked thread