Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Wow, you guys were not joking about the ending credits music. Pretty sure they took their cue from the Black Ops 2 credits montage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Holy crap, my first sealed pool is a pile of hot garbage. I made better decks in middle school off of all the stuff that some guy gave me for a dollar.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
It's REAL bad. Not enough creatures to run less than 3 colors, a ton of staffs in useless colors for my uncommons, and 1 terromorphic expanse as the only mana fixing.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Hey, someone link that article by a random guy who says that 2 blue cards that aren't in the game are better than browbeat again.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
So, I think there's a glitch with the promo unlocks. Ever since I entered the 5 promo codes, all the decks have been unlocking a few (not always the same number) cards without me doing anything every time I start up the game. I had 29/35 last time I checked on the sliver deck, and had never won a match with it. Now everything is unlocked for every deck, which I guess is nice.

It sucked really hard earlier when I did random deck and most of them were suddenly really lovely 100 card piles.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Anyone (Karma and Nehru I'm looking at you) want to play some 2HG tonight? I'll be on from about 530 EST onwards. On XBOX.

If I can get my xbox working online again, I'll be on later.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Yeah, I've been moving and setting up internet was not a priority compared to furniture and job poo poo. On now though, and later tonight. It's bridged through my computer, so hopefully it'll work well enough.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
:lol: So somehow Stainless actively broke twincast this year. Just twincasted a Dream Fracture that was targeting my inbound creature, targeted the Dream Fracture, then it countered my creature anyway, and drew both of us 2 cards. :psyduck:

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Condemn effectively kills it, and Unsummon does a pretty good job of slowing it down. It's really good though.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Everyone on 360 who already has M2013 on the 360 should go back and play it now. Played 7 games last night, not a single deck under 90 cards to be seen. It's loving hilarious.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Anyone want to play some 2HG tonight with this or 2013?

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

Hackan Slash posted:

I'm down. Stop playing Far Cry

I was eating dinner. Come baaaack

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

Dirty Karma posted:

It's not shocking, Izzit has been the best deck the last 2 years as well. ;)

That's a funny pronunciation of Crosswinds there.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Expansion is out on XBLA, if anyone's still playing this.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
If you're going to run the Elf deck, DO NOT run Ambush Commander, unless you want me to destroy all of your permanents instantly.

This is the one time it's perfectly acceptable to rage quit at 31 life. Also, this is why Izzet is the best deck.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
So Stolen Goods is straight up nonfunctional on XBox at least. I've played it 5 times now in both multi player and single player, and haven't been able to actually play the exiled card once. It's a cool card, too bad it only works as a lovely mill effect for 4 CMC.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
1) You only get the ability once, replicate makes copies of the spell, but they are not cast, so it doesn't trigger again for each.

2)It resolves, but the damage is prevented. It would trigger anyway though, the ability works on casting, not resolution. These abilities work even if the spell is countered.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

Dirty Karma posted:

Stolen Goods is broken in multi. I've never seen it work outside single player.

Cut it.

Hah. You didn't believe me when I told you this a couple weeks ago. Because for whatever reason it works fine against the AI.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

Dirty Karma posted:

That's mostly because it's such a fun card, I didn't want it to be true.

I know, I really wanted it to work too. And it always exiles such a good card that you can't play too...

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
I love how WotC refuses to announce release dates for any of their stuff until a day before it's out.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is there any reason to pick up these decks if I'm perfectly happy with Dodge & Burn? Do they feel comparably powerful and/or decision-intensive?

Not comparably powerful, but the white deck at least has some decision making instead of tribal turn poo poo sideways all day.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Last year, the soundtrack was just hidden in the install folder somewhere, it's not an in game thing. The foils I don't know about, it's possible they're already unlocked and you have foils turned off in options.

As for the red deck, it's REALLY bad until you unlock a bunch of stuff. The green deck should be able to just spam large creatures enough to beat down black, but both of them are a bad matchup.

E: What's this faerie deck thing? Are there decklists for the next expansion already?

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
3 Spellstutter Sprite
1 Scion of Oona
4 Pestermite
4 Zephyr Sprite
3 Faerie Impostor
3 Faerie Invaders
3 Sentinels of Glen Elendra
1 Glen Elendra Archmage
3 Briarberry Cohort
1 Sower of Temptation
2 Familiar’s Ruse
3 Unsummon
2 Concentrate
3 Hydrosurge
24 Island

Unlocks

Oona, Queen of the Fae
Oona’s Gatewarden
Switcheroo
Sleep
Overwhelming Intellect
Wasp Lancer
Forced Fruition
Hands of Binding
Last Thoughts
Switcheroo
Stolen Identity
Psychic Possession
Wasp Lancer
Reins of Power
Hands of Binding
Forced Fruition
Psychic Possession
Last Thoughts
Hoodwink
Vendilion Clique
Dissipation Field
Mind Unbound
Diminish
Overwhelming Intellect
Hands of Binding
Switcheroo
Sleep
Illusory Angel
Sprite Noble
Scion of Oona

Promotional Unlocks

Sower of Temptation
Scion of Oona
Glen Elendra Archmage
Psychic Possession
Mind Unbound
Switcheroo
Reins of Power
Illusory Angel
Sprite Noble
Dissipation Field

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Deck pack 2 is out for XBL also. Thanks for the warning, WotC.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Artifacts looks interesting, and that green deck looks like fun to gently caress around with the AI. Dolmen Gate plus an aggro deck looks pretty loving ridiculous in the current meta.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
It's more interesting to know they have these done months before, and they just half-rear end announcing release dates. I always just assumed some intern was knocking these out the week of release or something.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
Yes, but in real magic you can also pestermite that land during upkeep after untap, then the mana won't carry over into the main phase anyway.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
I'm sure they'll let us in on all the details including release date about 20 seconds before the game comes out.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
My dealbreaker is gonna be 2HG, as usual. If it's in I'm buying it, if not then I'm not going to bother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
I'm trying out the modded decks now, it's pretty sweet. Artifact Affinity decks are just as hilariously broken as I remember.

• Locked thread