Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
It's time to get down!

Get awkward!

Get anime!

Final season starts next Sunday June 30, watch the beginning of the end with us :tinfoil:

Showtime's Dexter page
Dexter's Wikipedia page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Welp, that was fast.

Any reason you didn't put something about it being the final season of the series in the thread title? I do like the current title, though :D

Literal Hamster
Mar 11, 2012

YOSPOS
That drawing is magical.

I'm actually really looking forward to this. I think the worst thing about Season 7 for me was everything to do with Hannah Mckay. I just couldn't stand how she was obvious fanservice, or how the writers rehashed the 'she's the only one who can truly understand my dark self' plot for the third or fourth time, or how it turned out she really did poison Debra even though that was an incredibly obvious and dumb 'plot twist'...

But everything to do with Issac was amazing, especially the bar scene. Ray Stevenson is an amazing actor and I wish he had stayed for the whole season.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgEIQ8fh3SA

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Thread bookmarked, ready to bitch nonstop every Sunday.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha :golfclap:

I hope that for the next week, this thread is just GIFs and videos of the best moments from the series.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

the best moments from the series.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlZnbagyj6c

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Hahahaha, this GIF gets me every time. Is that a guy with the script in the back? Did she know they were filming?

fake edit: The shrug at the end really makes it.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I can make some gifs if anyone wants them- just like the old days, before we became bitter and resentful at the writing in this show.

Also, it seems my old gif of Dexter pointing at camera with name his underneath is gone from the last thread's OP. If you guys want I can remake it.

hellbastard
Apr 4, 2006

^we're not all bitter. Some of us are hoping this will turn into a musical.

It's like we finally have the hello to go with "bitches leave"'s goodbye.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
The ecstasy and agony we left behind: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3509568&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

And now,

It's party time, chumps.

Junkfist fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 25, 2013

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyyM_JjN7yw

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Junkfist posted:

It's party time, chumps.

Basically, except no more Anheeeeellllllll this season because Deb popped a cap in LaGuerta :black101:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Daysvala posted:

I'm actually really looking forward to this. I think the worst thing about Season 7 for me was everything to do with Hannah Mckay. I just couldn't stand how she was obvious fanservice, or how the writers rehashed the 'she's the only one who can truly understand my dark self' plot for the third or fourth time, or how it turned out she really did poison Debra even though that was an incredibly obvious and dumb 'plot twist'...

She's back this year.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
While I didn't love Hannah as a character I almost like that she's returning because I was getting frustrated with characters who show up for one season and then die.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Cereal eating was the best scene.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SaltLick posted:

Cereal eating was the best scene.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I keep trying to get through season 7 and I just can't do it. Reading that Laguerta dies might actually motivate me to get it done.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

As someone who skipped season 7, what's the context here?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Max22 posted:

She gives no fucks about salads.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

hellbastard posted:

^we're not all bitter. Some of us are hoping this will turn into a musical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulcPQya3z7o

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Basically, except no more Anheeeeellllllll this season because Deb popped a cap in LaGuerta :black101:

Just you wait for Angel's Headlaguerta :twisted:

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Max22 posted:

The stage direction read "Casually eats salad."

Slamhound fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jun 24, 2013

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Schwarbage posted:

Just you wait for Angel's Headlaguerta :twisted:

If this happens I am holding you personally responsible

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Missing lots of classics that should be added to the OP:

Drawings:

Gifs:

The Faces of Deb

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Soothing Vapors posted:

I keep trying to get through season 7 and I just can't do it. Reading that Laguerta dies might actually motivate me to get it done.

To be fair the ending shot is fantastic as well.

Ugh. I sound like a battered spouse, I was even too afraid to make a drat OP for the thread. Speaking of, good moments.. :neckbeard: Here are some gifs and poo poo! Keyboard Quinn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyyM_JjN7yw

NOT THE ICE CREAM

:nws: :unsmigghh:

My giffing muscles are looking to get torn the gently caress off with this new season. Imagine.. if our hopes are met, and the first few episodes are good.. and the rest of the season is good! It can happen! :smith: It did way back in season 1! :unsmith:
Hahah oh my god that faces of Deb wall is loving amazing.
I want to make more like this:

I mean, look at the tearing effect in the last one. That's badass.

Finally, what we'll all look like mid-season once we realized the writers haven't changed:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That last gif/scene was so good. I remember calling the guy waking up whole Deb was around because of how ridiculous and stupid it would be and welp he wakes up and Deb's reaction is an honest-to-god "gently caress it I'm out" :laffo:

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Paradox Personified posted:

Finally, what we'll all look like mid-season once we realized the writers haven't changed:

A future timelapse of this thread:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I was disgusted with season 6 and how loving stupid it was and never watched season 7. So did they have a good explanation on why Deb didn't just shoot Dexter and then herself in the opening scene of the first episode last year?

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
:rock: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk6VBnlCH3w :rock:

^^Basically what Dexter Morgan as an unlockable character in Dynasty Warriors 9 would sound like.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I was disgusted with season 6 and how loving stupid it was and never watched season 7. So did they have a good explanation on why Deb didn't just shoot Dexter and then herself in the opening scene of the first episode last year?

"I snapped"

Seriously though S7 was lightyears better than S6, especially the first 5 eps.

Although then it all went slipping on Hannah-Banana peels.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Junkfist posted:

Although then it all went slipping on Hannah-Banana peels.

Heh. More Hannah(Mckay)-Banana peels in S8! :confuoot:

We are missing the best gif of them all. Masuka's reenactment.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Trying to watch the new 8x01 trailer but I can't hear what they're saying while I'm reflexively chanting "KOYAANISQATSI" to the accompanying music.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If all that is indeed happening in the first episode then they are wasting absolutely no time on getting every plot thread going.

In other words, they'll run full steam for 5 episodes then stall and die the rest of the season.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Junkfist posted:

"KOYAANISQATSI"

Oh god you too?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SaltLick posted:

We are missing the best gif of them all. Masuka's reenactment.

I was just about to post the same thing, that was the best.

Lolly Poopdeck
Oct 21, 2010

by zen death robot

So did they actually hook up last season? I couldn't make it past the first 3 or 4 episodes.

I don't really know how this show could be saved at this point. I always thought it would be better if it took itself more seriously. This show lacks any real suspense and tension you would find in Breaking Bad or The Shield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATLWXy0Hz00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I haven't checked this thread since last night when I went to sleep and I just went through all these new replies and laughed my rear end off for a solid few minutes. This thread is perfect, unlike this show. Actually, this show would be perfect if it was only comprised of moments like these.

• Locked thread