Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M for Mushroom
Jan 1, 2006

new york london paris munich
Words cannot describe how happy I was when I saw a new Dropsy thread :neckbeard:

I had to go back and find the Dropsy song from the original thread to satisfy my nostalgic Dropsy urges!

Also, play the wheely stick game. Who needs gold anyways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Donate gold to Kickstarter.

Can we steal a coffin from a church if we find one? I think that should be our new thing.

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine
construct rudimentary helicopter

Tube
Jun 1, 2000

I'm going off the rails on a CRAZY TRAIN!

Fallen Rib
I am confused about the whereabouts of Dropsy's rat friend. We can't leave him behind! Also, the new cactus buddy needs to come along somehow. There's a wheel and what appears to be an axle (or a stick that could serve as one), so this could happen. And should happen. Please, Dropsy, please!

There is nothing sadder than a lonely homely clown.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

M for Mushroom posted:

Words cannot describe how happy I was when I saw a new Dropsy thread :neckbeard:

I had to go back and find the Dropsy song from the original thread to satisfy my nostalgic Dropsy urges!

Ahahaha this sooong. Once I hear it it gets stuck in my head for like, a month.

Also wheelie stick wheelie stick

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Put that wheel in your pants, so it's driving you nuts.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Get down with the clown.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Outrail posted:

Uniwagon! Also take the gold.

Clowns are well known for unicycle prowess, we need to make one of those unicycles that has no seat.

Iriquois
Jun 6, 2013

Tube posted:

Also, the new cactus buddy needs to come along somehow.

Break off the head of the new cactus companion and put the head on the stick. Carry him with you wherever you go. He will both defend you (cactus bat, anyone?) and love you.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Can Dropsy somehow find his way into the last thread, maybe help out that kid and his dog and his rat?

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Oh yeah, what was that thread again? I forgot about that one halfway through.

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up

Corridor posted:

Oh yeah, what was that thread again? I forgot about that one halfway through.

This: http://www.somethingawful.com/d/comedy-goldmine/alone-cave-gaspyconana.php ?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
Offer the stick and wheel to those nice men trying to fix the tracks. Maybe it will help!

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Dropsy should fashion himself a wheel umbrella, that desert sun can't be good for his skin

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Triangulating the position of the sun, the rock structures in the background, and the overall lay of the tracks, determine...

Or, wait, we're already marked on the map aren't we. I vote to use our amazing clown powers to fold the map into a hat for Eughh. We might lose the map ourselves (you ever know a clown to not lose something everything?), but surely the dog will never, ever, lose such a glorious possession. Also, you wouldn't want the dog to get sunstroke, would you!?

Second, call for mousey (what's the name of it?) and go investigate the reeds there.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I can't believe I wasn't aware of the dropsy kickstarter. I'm going to throw money at you ASAP.

I hope this turns out successful and maybe into an animated series of some sort. (Web series or show or whatever.)

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jun 26, 2013

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I love the dialogue system shown on the kickstarter page. Are you going to include an option to code pictorial responses, quasi-Captain Blood style?

Breetai fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 26, 2013

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
Seconding the cactus bat idea, especially now that its got the clown face painted on it.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I think we all need to pitch in and help promote the kickstarter to get it more money. I know several artists and a few game developers who would think the game was cool, so I can start there.

I wonder if the yogscast would be interested in helping show off the game some? Like if there was a look at the game and an interview with the creator on their channel. Let's see if we can get in touch with them, since I'm sure they'd be willing to help out a fellow goon's game project - especially one with as much potential as this.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 26, 2013

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
Also, pet Eughh. Good Eughh. Who's a puppy!?! You're a puppy. A whooga booga scritcha-behind-a-da-ears-a. Puppy.

Thewlis
Feb 24, 2006

Custard Coloured Superdream
Ahhhhhhhh! The music is amazing and Dropsy is still somehow adorable and terrifying.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
The music really is amazing.

I'm n-thing the suggestion to fashion a rudimentary unicycle out of the wagon wheel.
Comedy option: Eat the gold, play wagon-wheel frisbee with the dog.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Thanks guys! I worked really hard on that music. And it was fun cause I just got my Torn's Peaker in and realllly wanted an excuse to use it.

Oh man, sorry about that. Here's the end!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFjNiTOMD7k

The whole adventure was a series of end-of-life hallucinations by a man dying in the cold. Had I not shifted focus to Dropsy again there would've been more exposition of this + a trippy game.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
That's so sad, boo! That would have been great too, but we need more CYOA clown related mayhem

What's the weird spiderweb thing in the church?

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

So... I'm new to Dropsy and THe SAclopedia is limited on its explanations. What is the history of Dropsy? I don't have Archives so I cant read the old thread.

Whats his origin? What are his motives? Where is he trying to go? Why is brimming with retarded Malevolence? I have many more questions but this is enough for now.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Tha Duke posted:

So... I'm new to Dropsy and THe SAclopedia is limited on its explanations. What is the history of Dropsy? I don't have Archives so I cant read the old thread.

Whats his origin? What are his motives? Where is he trying to go? Why is brimming with retarded Malevolence? I have many more questions but this is enough for now.

Here's a little archive of the thread: http://jaytholen.net/dropsy2.html
Working on the next update now. :)

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
Roll around in the gold, Scrooge McDuck style! You're rich! Rich I tell you!

Not Nipsy Russell
Oct 6, 2004

Failure is always an option.
I like that, but I don't think Dropsy is motivated by greed. I think he's motivated by Shiny Objects. Pick up the gold, Dropsy, put it in your pocket, and forget about it. It's likely that someone later on might recognize it's got value, other than being shiny.

ALso, it's probably not gold but fool's gold, iron pyrite, since it's lying about on the ground. Unlikely someone would dig it up and leave it lying about. Neat thing about pyrites is you can get sparks from them and make fires. Again, Dropsy probably would not know that, though.

THe wheel? I don't know what the gently caress. I am concerned about the dog's paws, though. Baked desert floor can get really, really hot. Dog needs shoes, or Dropsy needs to maybe carry him somehow.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

M for Mushroom posted:

Hah I'm glad I'm not the only one who did this.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Yessssss, Dropsy is back. Today is the best day.

Timall
Dec 20, 2008
I love Dropsy. He is the greatest. We've all missed you Dropsy :(

Throw the wheel like a frisbee for Eughh!

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Hah I'm glad I'm not the only one who did this.

I visited his site a few weeks ago to look at the whole story over again and was super excited when he said there that there was going to be a new thread soon. Glad it's out now and I'm going to be watching over it like a hawk.

That being said: Eat one of those pink plants (flowers?) in the background. They may provide magical powers!

Timall posted:

Throw the wheel like a frisbee for Eughh!

Also this.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

CaptainYesterday posted:

Gold! Gooooooold! We're rich, doggonit!

>TAKE GOLD

RandomPauI posted:

There is a stick and a wheel. Play that old fashioned game where you push a wheel with a stick.

Iriquois posted:

Break off the head of the new cactus companion and put the head on the stick. Carry him with you wherever you go. He will both defend you (cactus bat, anyone?) and love you.

location = circle

Working on one more update for tonight. But give suggestions still if ya want and I might stick em in. ;)

edit: :'(

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 27, 2013

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Follow that sign. Signs are important.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Yay, cactus friend! :D

The dog is showing some real talent by balancing on that wheel, we should teach him some more tricks. Plus his paws aren't hurt by the heat of the sand/dirt anymore. The sign obviously points to the mine cart from the map, follow the sign until you reach the mine cart then check out the red X nearby.

The Stupid Hat
May 6, 2007
Just here to lurk
Oh man, a new Dropsy thread! I named a retarded goldfish I inherited "Dropsy" in honor of the old threads and I'm excited to see my favorite clown still around.

As for what Dropsy should do, he should break the sign off the post and add it to his inventory. No telling when it might come in handy again, either as a weapon or as a clue.

Tube
Jun 1, 2000

I'm going off the rails on a CRAZY TRAIN!

Fallen Rib

The Stupid Hat posted:

As for what Dropsy should do, he should break the sign off the post and add it to his inventory. No telling when it might come in handy again, either as a weapon or as a clue.

Break off the sign, let the dog hold it, keep following it whichever way it points.

Rank and Vile
Nov 11, 2008

I guess I didn't really think this through...

Awesome! More Dropsy...
He's the reason I originally coughed up :10bux:

Seconding Follow the sign

KillDash9
Aug 31, 2001

PLEASE don't fuck with the jackass from now on!
Yase! Follow the mining cart path. Dropsy must approach that area stealthily though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wet Bandit
Nov 6, 2005

Was gonna ask if those wavey things in the middle and s/w were water but since clown cactus is along they can stay hydrated. If he passes by there might wanna fill the cactus up again. Hope he and the dog and the cactus gets a hat :ohdear:

• Locked thread