Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

I wrote this huge rant but you know what? Not worth it. I'll just say this, I worked on Midnight Animal with Spencer as an unpaid contributor of sprites. So, yeah, it breaks my heart to no end to see this happen for more than one reason. And he says, ya know, he's just taking a break, but... gently caress it. :smith:

Yeah, I did stuff for it too. :hf:

Still, it wasn't my project. I feel bad for the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Dewgy posted:

That just includes the soundtrack and some bonus stuff for Payday 2, no other differences.

You mean bonus stuff in Payday 2, not additional content in Hotline Miami 2 itself?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

You mean bonus stuff in Payday 2, not additional content in Hotline Miami 2 itself?

It's got some bonus masks for Payday 2, the soundtrack, and nothing in HM2 itself.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I'm playing Hotline Miami 2 on PC with an Xbox one controller and I can't figure out how to turn off the vibration. From what I've gathered there's no way to turn it off except on a per game basis.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I just finished playing throught HLM2 and I think I unlocked everything but I'm not sure. There's the Abyss and the Bar of Broken Heroes, but it seems like I'm still missing something, does anything happen with the tapes Evan finds on Richter's desk? I thought one of them would be the one from Jacket's answering machine and they'd do something with that. Also what about the locked room in Richter's house?

Anyway, I enjoyed HLM2 but compared to the first one it felt like going from Twin Peaks season 1 to season 2. There's one plot that resolves too early and then it splits into too many subplots that don't really go anywhere. I liked how the first one was open ended and ambiguous but still satisfying.

And gameplay-wise I didn't like some of the wide open areas where it was too easy to get sniped from off screen. The soldier/clerk levels were especially bad about this. I also didn't like how few levels there were with the Fans, or how they give you choices for characters/masks/weapons but only on a few levels, with there being more choices than levels to use them in. I still liked the game overall, especially the Fans, Richter, and Son levels.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
here lies HLM2

he was pretty bad at things

here lies all his children

they never scored

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
News about Midnight Animal

http://steamcommunity.com/games/453800/announcements/detail/812157060061266793

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Reviving the thread just to let everyone know that Hotline Miami: Wildlife is awesome

http://www.dayjobstudio.net/hotlinemiami/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

procitizen
May 9, 2010

HYUK HYUK HYUK
Midnight Animal update concerning design ethos, story changes, etc: http://steamcommunity.com/games/453800/announcements/detail/528440583665945501

also includes a playable demo! holy fuc!!!

• Locked thread