Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Dogbutt posted:

He's a teleport character apparently.

this, and he can spend some meter to do a special parry that gives him a free hit, and he has a super that makes him automatically use the universal parry move against most moves

also here have a new video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD5q1XqEEI8

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wicked Wall
Aug 24, 2012

I guess the aphorism
"I think, therefore I am" brings little comfort in this case.

The Divine Orator posted:

The most exciting part of this is that the next announcement is almost certainly Funny Valentine though~!

The image of him screaming 'Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap' (his stand name) in a thick japanese accent made me laugh far more than it should.

Really hoping for an NA/EU localization also, I haven't checked if they started translating part 4 onwards officially but I know they at least finished 3 by now.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

mikeycp posted:

What's the better shipping option? EMS or SAL?

EMS, but it's much more expensive. You are probably fine going with SAL.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Wicked Wall posted:

The image of him screaming 'Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap' (his stand name) in a thick japanese accent made me laugh far more than it should.

Really hoping for an NA/EU localization also, I haven't checked if they started translating part 4 onwards officially but I know they at least finished 3 by now.

In America, we only have part 3 and that's been out of print for years. More of the series has been translated in Italian and French.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

mikeycp posted:

What's the better shipping option? EMS or SAL?

EMS is generally faster and you have to sign for it but more costly.

iron_weasel
Oct 17, 2011

But then a tea bowl that is too perfect has no charm.
I don't think it will ever come stateside. My understanding is that the Capcom 3D Jojo game (which was entertaining) never made it because copyright issues. The creator didn't want to change names like Black Sabbath and the publisher didn't want the trouble. It made me so sad.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

darealkooky posted:

this, and he can spend some meter to do a special parry that gives him a free hit, and he has a super that makes him automatically use the universal parry move against most moves

I looked at Diavolo's moves and he is not a teleport character. He is a counter character that relies on being hard to hit. The only thing he has that is like a teleport is his dash which is him skipping time for half a second to make himself invincible.

Most of his moves are are counters that make him invincible for a short time and or force his opponent into things that leave them defenseless so Diavolo can position himself for big attacks.

For example one of Diavolo's moves is a counter that causes him to be invincible while his opponent contently uses the same attack that he countered. This lasts for a few seconds or until Diavolo attacks them.

ENJOY THE MEATHOSE
Jun 7, 2007

iron_weasel posted:

I don't think it will ever come stateside. My understanding is that the Capcom 3D Jojo game (which was entertaining) never made it because copyright issues. The creator didn't want to change names like Black Sabbath and the publisher didn't want the trouble. It made me so sad.

You should be very thankful this game never came stateside, it was awful. A friend and I beat it a few months ago, mostly to say that we did rather than enjoying it. I must've had to try the Secco/Oasis stage at least 100 times, by the time I beat it I was in some kind of zen-like state of concentration.

And the harpsichord music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW0FVffycRU

CHIMES

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun
Almost pulled the trigger for AmiAmi but seen the no cancellation rule and ended up not buying it. I have heard horror stories about Play-Asia, so I am weary of ordering from them.

There used to be a awesome store in SF Bay Area called Network Video, but they went out of business. Is there anybody in the LA/Torrence, CA area know if the JP gaming stores are still around?

I starting to wonder if I would be better off setting up a JP PSN account and just dl it. ugh..

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I almost preordered it from Play Asia but they didn't seem to confirm that it included the Kira preorder, so I went with Nippon Yassan since they had it cheaper.

What problems do people usually have with Play Asia? I've ordered a few things through them in the past and I never had any issue.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I wonder how playing johnny will play out when you get knocked of the horse.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

iron_weasel posted:

I always hear that story, but I mean, is there any real basis in that?

Could they get sued by bands just by having some characters named after them? Surely they could cite "parody" right :ohdear:

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

DrManiac posted:

I wonder how playing johnny will play out when you get knocked of the horse.

I thought the trailers showed him just laying on the ground using Tusk but I could be mistaken.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Vagithug posted:

I thought the trailers showed him just laying on the ground using Tusk but I could be mistaken.

I definitely remember seeing that. Also, Johnny has a fingernail counter above his super bar so he cant fire more than 10 at a time. Im pretty sure I even saw a shot of him drinking Chamomile tea to regrow them.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Could they get sued by bands just by having some characters named after them? Surely they could cite "parody" right :ohdear:

It kind of does not matter. They don't to get sued whether they can defend against the charges or not. It's way easier to just not release the game in the US to avoid any potential legal headache altogether.

I would be really surprised to see this in the US. Pleasantly surprised though.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Broseph Brostar posted:

I almost preordered it from Play Asia but they didn't seem to confirm that it included the Kira preorder, so I went with Nippon Yassan since they had it cheaper.
Kira comes with every first print copy of the game. As long as you buy new/unopened, it should come with the Hayato slip with the download code on it packed inside.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I really chaps my hide that Kira is a DLC character.

From a business standpoint, it makes sense. If youre going to have a DLC char with this franchise, they cant be TOO high profile. Locking any of the Jojos or Dio behind a paywall would have people in revolt. You cant make your DLC character someone stupid that nobody wants to buy though, like Pesci and his fishing hook. Whod buy that, hes a totally weak villian no one cares about.

Kira sits right in that sweet spot, hes a beloved villian whos second only to Dio, but hes not a staple.

Just bums me out because hes my favorite villian.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Meme Emulator posted:

From a business standpoint, it makes sense. If youre going to have a DLC char with this franchise, they cant be TOO high profile. Locking any of the Jojos or Dio behind a paywall would have people in revolt. You cant make your DLC character someone stupid that nobody wants to buy though, like Pesci and his fishing hook. Whod buy that, hes a totally weak villian no one cares about.

Kira sits right in that sweet spot, hes a beloved villian whos second only to Dio, but hes not a staple.

I would so buy a Pesci DLC character. :colbert:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Pretty sure that Kira DlC thing is just a skin. I think the Kira that's already in the game is his Kosaku Kawajiri look.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm still holding out hope that there are two Kiras in the game, and the preorder one is just the premakeover Kira. Kira in the game never uses any of the moves he does in the fights after he becomes Kosaku Kawajiri.

Meme Emulator posted:

I definitely remember seeing that. Also, Johnny has a fingernail counter above his super bar so he cant fire more than 10 at a time. Im pretty sure I even saw a shot of him drinking Chamomile tea to regrow them.

http://youtu.be/whyCZ2Vywkg?t=2m10s
You can definitely see him crawling around on the ground and near the end you can see a couple seconds of him drinking tea. I'm going to guess that the tea ability costs a little bit of meter to speed up the fingernail regrowth.

Also I'd buy Pesci day one, he was easily one of the best villains out of part V.

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

Broseph Brostar posted:

What problems do people usually have with Play Asia? I've ordered a few things through them in the past and I never had any issue.

Mostly shipping issues and not having items in stock when their website says they do. I dunno if that is still a issue now, but it does make me weary of ordering from them.

Checking out Nippon Yassan, never heard of this place! Thank you for sharing this!

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Play Asia's one of the only places I've found who are consistently selling the Limited Edition versions of the game, and I picked mine up today.

Hopefully there won't be any horror stories involved, you guys are making me worry now.

I just want my drat game 1-3 business days after release.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I'm weirdly hoping that King Crimson has some kind of game-crashing glitch. :allears:

Anyone who's read the manga and experienced the headache of trying to understand this guy's...yeah.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jun 30, 2013

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's probably a second Kira already in the game and it's most likely the Kawajiri look. If it wasn't they would have no one to fight Josuke in his story mode unless they were seriously dickish enough to have you fight the DLC Kira and they seem to be putting a stupid emphasis on their story mode like usual, so of course they're going to probably end up having multiple versions of a villain beyond Dio.

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

Mintergalactic posted:

Play Asia's one of the only places I've found who are consistently selling the Limited Edition versions of the game, and I picked mine up today.

Hopefully there won't be any horror stories involved, you guys are making me worry now.

I just want my drat game 1-3 business days after release.

Hopefully you will be OK.

I ended up getting mine at Nippon Yassan. The 2 day fed ex shipping for $13 for just the game (sadly GE box was sold out) was the best and that they took paypal. I am hoping they send out the games a day before the street date since it will be labor day weekend and all.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

New ASB League video is out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssVT5Vmu58g

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Johnny does indeed crawl on the floor when you knock him off his horse, but I noticed some suspicious bone-like pick ups so maybe he can walk if you collect them.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
drat the computer is rear end at Hol Horse. Also, apparently everyone. I honestly can't tell if you can control the bullets like you could before or if its all set patterns. It seems they combined the glass breaking move with the Hanged Man summon.

It is impossible to get any sort of feel about this game from this and it kinda sucks! Come on Cyber Connect 2. Make a fighting game that's not complete butt for once in your drat life or else Fayk will cry.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If anything good comes out of this game it's that Hirohiko Araki dressed up as Rohan Kishibe.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly, they gameplay seems okay, even if the computer controls characters like butt; hopefully when it comes to Player vs Computer or Player vs Player it'll deliver.

Holy gently caress, did I just hallucinate or did they actually went ahead and put Reimi as a fatality of sorts?

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Wark Say posted:

Honestly, they gameplay seems okay, even if the computer controls characters like butt; hopefully when it comes to Player vs Computer or Player vs Player it'll deliver.

Holy gently caress, did I just hallucinate or did they actually went ahead and put Reimi as a fatality of sorts?

Yep. Each stage has a "situation finish".

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'm really curious to see how the campaign works. If it's interesting, I might buy it just to have drunk stand fights and to try out the campaign even if it's in a language I can't understand.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hol Horse was robbed there. The computer kept sending his shots away from his opponent.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

I'm really curious to see how the campaign works. If it's interesting, I might buy it just to have drunk stand fights and to try out the campaign even if it's in a language I can't understand.

The PS1/DC port of the arcade game had the really cool super story mode that I hold as the gold experience requiem standard for fighting game story modes that aren't tacked-on (MK9 being the runner-up). For a game regarding the third part of a manga nobody in the US knew about, they still managed to cram the entirety of Stardust Crusaders into it, with traditional fighting stages mixed with minigame-ish stages for stands that could never translate to the fighting formula, and it worked really nicely. I don't know why they gently caress JJBA HD didn't include this, but I consider it a even worse port than the PS1 version because of it

I don't think they've touched anything campaign-wise yet, but I'm hoping they go the same route, or something similar, because hoooooooooly poo poo if each part gets it's own super story mode

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

The PS1/DC port of the arcade game had the really cool super story mode that I hold as the gold experience requiem standard for fighting game story modes that aren't tacked-on (MK9 being the runner-up). For a game regarding the third part of a manga nobody in the US knew about, they still managed to cram the entirety of Stardust Crusaders into it, with traditional fighting stages mixed with minigame-ish stages for stands that could never translate to the fighting formula, and it worked really nicely. I don't know why they gently caress JJBA HD didn't include this, but I consider it a even worse port than the PS1 version because of it

I don't think they've touched anything campaign-wise yet, but I'm hoping they go the same route, or something similar, because hoooooooooly poo poo if each part gets it's own super story mode

Only the PS1 game had Super Story Mode. A shame really. While it had better sound, the graphics were cut down (less frames of animations, stands were only about 3 colors, backgrounds weren't animated, etc.)

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Pretty sure all the stages were cut to about half size as well. The PSX port is really bad. You can do some stupid poo poo in it though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUIHZGkFV6M

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

I seriously will import this if they include a really good campaign mode. Something kind of like the Naruto Ninja Ultimate Storm games if anyone's played them (which are also made by the same people).

As long as it's something besides just Fight - Text Cutscene - Fight - Repeat till credits, I'll be cool with it.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

I seriously will import this if they include a really good campaign mode. Something kind of like the Naruto Ninja Ultimate Storm games if anyone's played them (which are also made by the same people).

As long as it's something besides just Fight - Text Cutscene - Fight - Repeat till credits, I'll be cool with it.

It's anyone's guess at the moment honestly, but considering they said that the story mode would be 'unconventional', I think it's safe to say that it's going to be more than just fight - text cutscene - fight.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good, I played Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 recently and the biggest complaint I have about those games is it takes loving forever to finish the story modes and get all of the characters. No, CC2, I don't want to run around at a snail's pace doing odd jobs for people and watch a million cutscenes, let me get to the boss fight already. Also the JJBA story mode in the PS1 game was okay, but most of the mini-games were really bad except for D'Arby's and if it wasn't a mini-game then it was a boring QTE. Also a lot of those secret factors were bullshit, which is sad, because you needed to do basically every one if you wanted to unlock every character.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Pretty sure all the stages were cut to about half size as well. The PSX port is really bad. You can do some stupid poo poo in it though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUIHZGkFV6M

Man, after playing the JJBA HD version this looks so bad, how have I never realized this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Good, I played Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 recently and the biggest complaint I have about those games is it takes loving forever to finish the story modes and get all of the characters. No, CC2, I don't want to run around at a snail's pace doing odd jobs for people and watch a million cutscenes, let me get to the boss fight already. Also the JJBA story mode in the PS1 game was okay, but most of the mini-games were really bad except for D'Arby's and if it wasn't a mini-game then it was a boring QTE. Also a lot of those secret factors were bullshit, which is sad, because you needed to do basically every one if you wanted to unlock every character.

Man, after playing the JJBA HD version this looks so bad, how have I never realized this?
Most of the higher level unlocks were just concept art and stuff. Getting Mariah's secret factor was a pain because you were supposed to get her to max level (by touching her outlets), and she'd actually make an outlet, then cancel it to hit you with something else as you rush for it. Dio's was also bullshit. You were supposed to do Jotaro's time stop to regain movement and beat Dio during a time stop of his own. The problem: I've never ever seen the AI attempt to freeze time in that fight... He also needs a super meter of level 3 to stop time, and he'll likely use it all up doing other moves.

• Locked thread