Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I still think Diego should be in this game :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yea, where the hell is Diego? Some of the choices seem bizzare to me, like fatty and Akira are in but Stroheim and Lisa Lisa are nowhere to be seen. Why is ACDC even in the game, hes less memorable than Santana.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Lisa Lisa is supposed to be future DLC, if I recall correctly.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Nahxela posted:

Lisa Lisa is supposed to be future DLC, if I recall correctly.

I remember reading something like that, too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Apparently people found data files for Lisa Lisa, Annasui, Vanilla Ice, and Old Joseph so those might be the remaining DLC characters they put out which is not surprising because that's another series of predictable characters.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
How do you unlock normal Kira? I beat him up in that extra event, but I still don't have him.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Did you download him? Regular Kira (with Sheer Heart Attack) is a DLC character, like fatty. You probably have a download code for him.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Nahxela posted:

Did you download him? Regular Kira (with Sheer Heart Attack) is a DLC character, like fatty. You probably have a download code for him.

I'm pretty sure I did, yeah.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He should be on the last row of the character select if you downloaded him, if he's not there then just redownload the DLC to be sure. You should probably download the Free Campaign pack too just to be sure, because those are essentially compatibility packs.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Meme Emulator posted:

Yea, where the hell is Diego? Some of the choices seem bizzare to me, like fatty and Akira are in but Stroheim and Lisa Lisa are nowhere to be seen. Why is ACDC even in the game, hes less memorable than Santana.

Not that I'm a fan of Akira (the Red Hot Chili Peppers parts are the worst parts of part IV), he was practically guaranteed to be in the game as a major villain. Although the same argument could be made for Diego. :(

Whenever I try to play campaign or online it says something in moonspeak about the Playstation Store, does that mean I to be playing this on my Japanese account, or do I just need to patch on that account?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Broseph Brostar posted:

Not that I'm a fan of Akira (the Red Hot Chili Peppers parts are the worst parts of part IV), he was practically guaranteed to be in the game as a major villain. Although the same argument could be made for Diego. :(

Whenever I try to play campaign or online it says something in moonspeak about the Playstation Store, does that mean I to be playing this on my Japanese account, or do I just need to patch on that account?
Sounds like you might need to download one of the compatability packs for campaign mode?

You have a cool username, fyi.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

You don't need to be on or to patch on your JP PSN account. You're likely stuck at the long and most likely boring Terms of Service notice. Scroll all the way down and you should be able to hit X to get past it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Figured out how to get Fatty and Kira.

Mista and Narancia are really fun to gently caress around with.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Narancia's pretty fun to play around with, but I cannot for the life of me figure out Mista. I've only played against like one but he tore me up and I don't know how.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I think Mista is pretty cool.

There are a couple of things he can do with his gun and stand. One of them is to set some number of his Sex Pistols out on the field. They'll float around and do nothing, but when he shoots towards them with his gun, they'll ricochet the bullets and aim it back at the opponent. You can use that for some cool set ups.

Another thing he can do with Sex Pistols is to put them in his gun. When he shoots the next bullet, it'll hit multiple times, depending on how many Sex Pistols got stored, and keep the opponent in longer hit stun.

Here's a (Japanese) video going over some of his basic stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6IFgkG0zo

And then this infinite, I guess: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U1FFDIeBs0

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun

Yardbomb posted:

Gappy (Jo2uke) is pretty much awesome and I'm shocked I've only seen like one other person playing him online.

I am playing him but haven't gone online yet until I can get better with the moves. He is pretty powerful, tho I think he is more of a joke in the manga than anything.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Translated campaign events for people who wanna know what the buttons they're mashing are doing.

And here's the translated boss lists so you can know which bosses have that special costume or color you might be wanting.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Sep 8, 2013

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Are those numbers for how many times you have to beat the boss to unlock them, or do characters actually have 15 different possible poses? My game still hasn't come in so I don't know what to make of those yet.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

lyricaldanichan posted:

I am playing him but haven't gone online yet until I can get better with the moves. He is pretty powerful, tho I think he is more of a joke in the manga than anything.

Gappy? He has weird quirks like sleeping under a mattress because his amnesia made him forget how beds work (and he likes the pressure), but in fights he's shown to be about as clever as Joseph. He's tied for out maneuvering an opponent to beat them down and outwitting them to win without throwing a punch.

'Course, this has nothing to do with the game. Most of the Stand users introduced after Gappy aren't fighting types.

Daedelous
Nov 14, 2012

HitTheTargets posted:

Gappy? He has weird quirks like sleeping under a mattress because his amnesia made him forget how beds work (and he likes the pressure), but in fights he's shown to be about as clever as Joseph. He's tied for out maneuvering an opponent to beat them down and outwitting them to win without throwing a punch.

'Course, this has nothing to do with the game. Most of the Stand users introduced after Gappy aren't fighting types.

Well there is Joshuu whom I hope becomes a late DLC character when he gets more fighting time.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Nahxela posted:

Sounds like you might need to download one of the compatability packs for campaign mode?

You have a cool username, fyi.

BroBro's Bizarre Broventure?

Anyways, this game is fun. Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting way too much lag online to make it any fun, so this game is just another fighter I keep around to have fun with friends.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Are those numbers for how many times you have to beat the boss to unlock them, or do characters actually have 15 different possible poses? My game still hasn't come in so I don't know what to make of those yet.

I don't understand it fully myself, but what I do know is that every fight you win, Vision or Boss, gives you two somethings. Generally if you're just chipping away at a boss it's gonna be two points toward a pose or a phrase or whatever, but sometimes getting them to like half health will unlock one of the big things, and outright killing them always seems to give a color or a costume.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

FinestKO is streaming some JJASB play from NorCal: http://www.twitch.tv/finestko

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Oh god, that Valentine GHA win prompting everyone to go full USA, USA! :allears:

And the tournament was won by the true protagonist of Vento Aureo, yessss.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Sep 8, 2013

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Hey is there a site that has translated movelists for all the characters? Google gives me nothing and I really want to know how to make Pucci say the 14 words.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Maremidon posted:

Hey is there a site that has translated movelists for all the characters? Google gives me nothing and I really want to know how to make Pucci say the 14 words.

Down Down Style button

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Additionally, keep an eye on this album, a cool guy's translating all the movelists into easily readable little pages and they're getting it done pretty quick.

http://imgur.com/a/l2R11

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 9, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

TheBrett is streaming the game post-patch and testing things. In the minute I've had it on, I've seen the Narancia and Jolyne infinites are both definitely gone. http://www.twitch.tv/thebrett

Edit: I've just been testing basic BnB poo poo with my characters so far, and here's what I got:

Yoshikage Kira: His Stand On c.L s.M XX qcf+L~S, walk forward j.M s.L, s.MH XX qcf+L XX super is much, much harder now. Your timing has to be on point, otherwise they will fall out during the s.MH or during the first few hits of the qcf+L

Hol Horse: His super straight up will not juggle anymore. The opponent will fall out after 2-3 hits at most. It's no longer worth using to end juggles. Edit: Now it is juggling for me. I don't get it. I think I get it now. The super just doesn't juggle if you're at or maybe even near the wall, but it juggles fine in open space.

Johnny: It appears additional recovery was added to his Horse Headbutt move so the headbutt loops are gone.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 10, 2013

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun

Yardbomb posted:

Additionally, keep an eye on this album, a cool guy's translating all the movelists into easily readable little pages and they're getting it done pretty quick.

http://imgur.com/a/l2R11

Thank you for posting this!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Don't know if this is legit but it seems to go along with the previous rumors as far as upcoming DLC characters (also it is work safe despite the blog's double entendre name): http://buccellatits.tumblr.com/post/60804207358/new-dlc-9-26-campaign-3-dangerous-men

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Alright, after watching TheBrett test poo poo and testing poo poo myself, we determined that CC2 fixed the wall infinites in the laziest way. All they did was jack up the gravity anytime you're near the wall, which does fix the silly infinites that were in place before but also destroys any character's BnB that involved juggling (such as my Yoshikage Kira BnB I was talking about or Hol Horse's or Joseph's gun supers). It's lazy and it shows a lack of understanding of what the issue was in the first place or how to fix it intelligently. I've gone from thinking the game was enjoyable but flawed to not having much of any desire to touch it at this point.

I will give CC2 credit for trying, since it's not something they've done before. They also did handle the non-juggle infinites in smart ways (adding landing recovery to Jolyne's superjump, increasing pushback on Mista's stuff, fixing the Narancia glitch, etc.), but having corner combos being super messed up in a game like this that already has limited 3D movement is just really bad to me.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 10, 2013

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

All they did was jack up the gravity anytime you're near the wall, which does fix the silly infinites that were in place before but also destroys any character's BnB that involved juggling

Another quality fighting game by CC2.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
How does this game have limited 3D movement?

Anyway I agree that this wasn't the best way to do this, but the stages are pretty big in this game. I'm way more bummed out that they completely removed tiger knee (altough that's probably for the best given that tiger knee emerald splash was extremely stupid)

e: at the same time, the fact that they're trying so hard is commendable. They didn't even wait to bundle this poo poo in with the new DLC that's out in like two days they did this patch asap

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 10, 2013

Thedude12
Dec 16, 2006

Bang.
I can still do my Bruno BnB even though its a bit trickier to do now but hey I'm super happy neutral jump shenanigans are gone now

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

darealkooky posted:

How does this game have limited 3D movement?

Anyway I agree that this wasn't the best way to do this, but the stages are pretty big in this game. I'm way more bummed out that they completely removed tiger knee (altough that's probably for the best given that tiger knee emerald splash was extremely stupid)

e: at the same time, the fact that they're trying so hard is commendable. They didn't even wait to bundle this poo poo in with the new DLC that's out in like two days they did this patch asap

What I mean by limited 3D movement is that your only options for changing the 2D plane you're fighting on is the sidestep button or instant blocking, which is fine by itself. The thing, though, is that you cannot jump over or sidestep between the opponent and the wall. Instead, the game sorta haphazardly rotates around and places you both next to the wall, and seeing as being near stage edges now fucks up most any juggle combos, it just sorta sucks.

On the subject of tiger knee specials, it turns out you can't do anything during the ascent of the jump, not normals, not specials. You have to hit the apex of the jump before an input is accepted. This was almost assuredly done because of Wham's Wind Mode TK reverse DP infinite and has nothing to do with Kakyoin's air projectile being a pain.

Anyway, it's cool they're doing a patch, but I personally think they really botched it, and I hope they rethink things like their poor decision with gravity near stage edges in the next patch. Edit: Or give us a boundary-less stage and impose a maximum separation distance restriction instead, I guess.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 10, 2013

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
counter hit throws now do about three times the damage

e: also character movement got sped up across the board (everyone can wavedash now!). they also made cutscenes even faster!

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Sep 10, 2013

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Don't know if this is legit but it seems to go along with the previous rumors as far as upcoming DLC characters (also it is work safe despite the blog's double entendre name): http://buccellatits.tumblr.com/post/60804207358/new-dlc-9-26-campaign-3-dangerous-men

So I guess we're NOT getting Diego.

Oh well, Annasui could be pretty cool I guess.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

I had decided 100% to save money and skip this game (at launch at least), but visiting this thread just now has convinced me otherwise. I'm now waiting for amiami to send my shipping cost email so I can finish ordering.
I won't be able to eat next week, but that's OK. My stand can absorb nutrition from video games.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Maremidon posted:

So I guess we're NOT getting Diego.

Oh well, Annasui could be pretty cool I guess.

They have to save some people for the sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Man, I've gotta admit that I'm not a fan of some of the reduced taunts. Like even before the patch, the actual long ones would just go back to the game before they finished so those are okay, now even the quick ones get hurried up at the end though.

Apparently they shortened some of the the drat HHAs and GHAs too, WHY? Constant taunts were a problem but all the super moves were perfectly fine! :smithicide:

Edit: Holy god Jolyne's HHA audio even overlaps on itself pretty bad now.

Edit2: After testing a bunch of them, good job, they're now negligibly shorter but a bunch of them now have dodgy synch issues with actions to sounds and words to mouths. Keep the long taunts hurried up some, but please just switch back the short ones and the HHAs/GHAs.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Sep 11, 2013

• Locked thread