Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Revol posted:

It may have been hard to find this title when it first came out, but now everyone should be prepared to stock it well.

That said, I'm missing Saga #2 or #3 I think. :(

Those are attainable but you're looking at roughly $50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rhyno posted:

Those are attainable but you're looking at roughly $50.

That'll be for first printing. Those issues went through three or four printings. Failing that, you can just buy the trade for $10.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jedit posted:

That'll be for first printing. Those issues went through three or four printings. Failing that, you can just buy the trade for $10.

I assumed he meant first prints. Even the second print of #2 goes for $20.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Jedit posted:

Yeah, I don't mind late printings. I specifically want single issue over trade, because I already own every other issue, and plan to put those single issues on my bookshelf. Since I'm already 12 issues in, I'd prefer to keep my collection standard. (Some of these boxes I've already made are mismatched, but it's more manageable. For Hickman's Fantastic Four run, I've got the first four trades, and then I've got all the rest in single issues. But that was a good split, that was right at Johnny's death and the launch of the FF book.) If I can manage to prevent having Saga TPB #1 and then everything else in singles, I'd really like to do that.

Edit: Just checked my "Missing Comics" notepad page via iCloud, I'm missing issue #3.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Pretty great Prince Robot IV cosplay at NYCC:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
How do I make this image smaller I am a noob aaaaaaa

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

eriktown posted:

The lack of gay sex kind of ruins it.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I love that he's carrying the book.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Avulsion posted:

If it's the guy I saw, the TV was actually changing images throughout the show.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Timeless Appeal posted:

If it's the guy I saw, the TV was actually changing images throughout the show.

That's really awesome.

Avulsion posted:

He'd have to be wounded for that. Someone pair him up with a Nurse Squirrel Girl. The medic was a Squirrel, right?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

eriktown posted:

Is there a Captain Marvel in the back right behind Walter White?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Len posted:

Is there a Captain Marvel in the back right behind Walter White?

If you mean behind the Asian Pink Floyd fan, then yes. Although, the hair is all wrong, I hope she's got a wig.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Revol posted:

If you mean behind the Asian Pink Floyd fan, then yes. Although, the hair is all wrong, I hope she's got a wig.

Shes behind and to the right of Walter.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
That guy is wearing p100 filters they dont do anything for chemical fumes what the gently caress!

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
I love the tabloid reporters. I kinda want to get someone to do a pairs costume for Halloween, but don't know how I'd do the skin. Or the ears. Or the feet :(

Is there a talking box that I could go as? Maybe I should just wear a cape and be The Will, but in a recession.

tvb
Dec 22, 2004

We don't understand Chinese, dude!

eriktown posted:

Wow, but that is magnificent.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I'm really afraid that it's becoming pretty evident that Alana is going to die. There seem to be more references to Marko in the future with references to him being a bit of a ladies' man. There is also the comment about Alana never going to Landfall again.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Timeless Appeal posted:

I'm really afraid that it's becoming pretty evident that Alana is going to die. There seem to be more references to Marko in the future with references to him being a bit of a ladies' man. There is also the comment about Alana never going to Landfall again.

I think it would be interesting if they went through this entire story with a main character that, because of the narrator, we know will die. But I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen (if it does at all) until the last issue.

(I haven't read today's issue, my store didn't have a copy for me.)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

A brief review of issue 15:

gently caress! poo poo! gently caress! gently caress! Fuuuuccccckkkkkk!

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Oh come on, how could you not love an opening line like "Would one of you overgrown condom failures kindly remove the dead loving dragon from my runway?"?

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Jedit posted:

A brief review of issue 15:

gently caress! poo poo! gently caress! gently caress! Fuuuuccccckkkkkk!

I concur, but it speaks to the excellent characterization that part of me really thinks The Will is hard enough to survive being stabbed in the loving neck. A lot of times I'd roll my eyes if a character lived through this, but honestly it wouldn't bother me a bit if he pulls through. Also, I'm in awe of this cliffhanger. The way it kicks the pace back into gear after the more mellow 13 and 14, the way it manages to be brutal and shocking without being an arbitrary rear end pull. Just superb.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917

cafel posted:

I concur, but it speaks to the excellent characterization that part of me really thinks The Will is hard enough to survive being stabbed in the loving neck. A lot of times I'd roll my eyes if a character lived through this, but honestly it wouldn't bother me a bit if he pulls through. Also, I'm in awe of this cliffhanger. The way it kicks the pace back into gear after the more mellow 13 and 14, the way it manages to be brutal and shocking without being an arbitrary rear end pull. Just superb.

I am really awed by the reveal that head-Stalk was a parasite all along. Holy poo poo.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Revol posted:

I think it would be interesting if they went through this entire story with a main character that, because of the narrator, we know will die. But I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen (if it does at all) until the last issue.

(I haven't read today's issue, my store didn't have a copy for me.)
Well, I thought that the "Not everyone is so lucky." line at the end of the first issue implied that Alana or Marko will definitely die.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I want every issue to open with the intrepid tabloid reporters continuing their pursuit of the biggest story ever. It's a good way to explain some background for Alana, since we've got Marko's family around to do that for him, and they're also just great characters.

cafel posted:

Yeah, as much as I just don't want things to end this way for The Will, it wouldn't be entirely out of character for him to have the will (:rimshot:) necessary to pull through grievous injuries. At the same time though, him managing to stammer out 'not your fault' to Sophie before keeling over doesn't seem like the worst narrative end for him. But the guy took a dive through hard vacuum. I just don't know if I believe a dinky knife's gonna be what takes him down.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
In an earlier issue, Hazel talks about how The Will was one of the worst bastards she ever met (or something like that), so it's probably safe to say that we can expect him to pull through.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Argue posted:

In an earlier issue, Hazel talks about how The Will was one of the worst bastards she ever met (or something like that), so it's probably safe to say that we can expect him to pull through.

There are ghosts in this series.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

plainswalker75 posted:

Oh come on, how could you not love an opening line like "Would one of you overgrown condom failures kindly remove the dead loving dragon from my runway?"?

BKV is having far too much fun with the first page of each issue.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Issue 16 out today. New question: who is The Brand?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So I can kinda understand most Space-Romance but what is the Unicorn Lady saying in her first panel?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

"I missed you so much". It's Esperanto, use Google Translate if you need to.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Harrumph. This was more fun when it was a conlang I didn't know about.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I took one look at that last page, and now I need the next issue. This is going to be so great.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Because I don't give Fiona Staples the props she deserves, I have to say that this months cover is jaw dropping and the expression Heist has when he says artist scare him is inspired.

cafel fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 2, 2013

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

cafel posted:

Because I don't give Fiona Staples the props she deserves, I have to say that this months cover is draw dropping and the expression Heist has when he says artist scare him is inspired.

I also love how much you can tell from Lying Cat's face when he says "LYING?". And once she's tied up, Sophie looks up to her left because the hallucination is still talking to her.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I have a feeling that there might be a time jump after these next two issues. It feels like most of the plot threads set-up in the first issue are really coming together, especially with The Will's Crew and Robot about to collide. Hazel's narration has also given me the impression that we'll eventually see her when she's older.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

I have a feeling that there might be a time jump after these next two issues. It feels like most of the plot threads set-up in the first issue are really coming together, especially with The Will's Crew and Robot about to collide. Hazel's narration has also given me the impression that we'll eventually see her when she's older.

I think we're getting her kindergarten years travelling with a troupe of wossnames next.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
To not spoil anything, all I will say about today's issue is that it is excellent, and that I entirely agreed with the sentiment of the final page. Pretty sure you will, too.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I swear to god if The Will is dead for good I am going to be very very sad, especially because that's such a great final scene for him. Though let's be honest, I'm already pretty sad. Poor Heist.

I don't think I'll be able to call Honest Cat anything but Honest Cat now.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

RandallODim posted:

I don't think I'll be able to call Honest Cat anything but Honest Cat now.

Lying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
The Brand is amazingly cool. All of these bounty hunters have been so wonderfully larger than life and distinctive.

• Locked thread