Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm not gonna be able to pick it up for a bit, anyone wanna drop spoilers? :ohdear:

It's a BVK comic. There's a graphic, sex joke followed by a popular character dying. It wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't making it a routine.

The best part of the issue was Prince IV actually being upset with Yuma's dead from last issue after all that empty talk of wanting to kill/getting rid of the people he's traveling with. That really does humanize him in more ways than one.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
...yeah, I figured that much (at least on the second bit), who died?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Will's sister, Sophie.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Sometimes I wonder if the things Saga does are even legal. The only word I can think of to describe this issue is Tragisadilarious.

Saoshyant posted:

Will's sister, Sophie.

What about IV? He was impaled wasn't he?

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

So is this the issue right before another long break? Because it felt like enough of a gut punch to qualify.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

MadJackal posted:

So is this the issue right before another long break? Because it felt like enough of a gut punch to qualify.

Saga # 30 is out July 8th to finish the next TPB. Not sure if there's another break after

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Caper posted:

Sometimes I wonder if the things Saga does are even legal. The only word I can think of to describe this issue is Tragisadilarious.

It kind of looked like it, but I think he was just supposed to be roughed up and floating backwards. I thought 'impaled' at first too, but looking at it again it's just kind of an awkwardly framed panel. I fully expect him (and Gwendolyn) to be fine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I need to find a way to work "belay that fuckery" into conversation.

Caper posted:

I think that's just a background object.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I laughed at the splash for like a solid 5 minutes because I am a child.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Saoshyant posted:

Will's sister, Sophie.

Oh poo poo :stare:

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Some issue, drat.

This raises an interesting question, though. Does The Brand's death mean the Embargon on Upsher and Doff is lifted?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Depends on how her dogs magic nose darts work.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Saoshyant posted:

Will's sister, Sophie.

Wait, Isn't her name The Brand?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Caper posted:

Wait, Isn't her name The Brand?

Her real name is Sophie, while The Will's real name actually is William.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Caper posted:

He's an android. I'm pretty sure he will be fine. Same for Gwen. The Brand, though? Very much dead, no coming back.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
Not enough love in here for Dengo continuing to be a loving stone cold G.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I don't know why I keep reading BKV comics when he pulls this poo poo every time and I hate it. Either an irrepressible love of everything else he does or a deep masochistic tendency in my comic book choices I guess. Or both

Hemp Knight
Sep 26, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

The Brand, though? Very much dead, no coming back.

I'm wondering if she'll end up doing an Izabel and come back as a bitten in half ghost.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
But only the bottom half this time.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Phylodox posted:

Well, given that they were hunting for super-ultra-cure-all Dragon Semen.... who knows what it can do?

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Until we see the top half of her body not moving anymore, I'm going to assume The Brand is inside of that dragon, getting ready to murder her way out of it. :colbert:

Hemp Knight
Sep 26, 2004

Phylodox posted:

Perhaps marko can join izabels top half and the brands bottom half together with a magic spell

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The funny thing is, that wouldn't shock me at all.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Chapter 29

gently caress

gently caress gently caress gently caress fuuuuuck!!

I really like this comic a lot.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
Wow, Dengo went out like a chump. I'm disappointed. With the new time skip, I wonder what happened to Klara while Hazel has been in this prison facility for other presumable mixed-race children.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I think it's just child PoW daycare.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
My guess is also that they are mixed race too. You can't tell from that pic tho. I've always thought that it was a bit of a stretch to believe that Marko and Alana are the only horns/wings couple that there has ever been, given the length of the war and the plants history. It would be a pretty nice twist for them to discover they aren't as unique as they thought.

Also, poor The Will, though I'm guessing we're not going to be feeling sorry for him for too long, judging by the narration. It's not the first time Hazel has alluded to The Will being an utter monster.

Also, any guesses as to what's next? In the letters page, BKV mentions that what happens next has already been hinted at by Hazel's narration. Haven't had a chance to re read yet.

Also, in other news, I picked up Archie #1 today, just because Staples is on art. I've never read Archie before and no absolutely nothing about it, but, you know, Fiona Staples. Zdarsky is writing Jughead too so I guess I'll be getting that as well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I felt sorry for Dengo for a minute, but then I remembered what a bastard he is.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

krakagar posted:

Also, in other news, I picked up Archie #1 today, just because Staples is on art. I've never read Archie before and no absolutely nothing about it, but, you know, Fiona Staples.

And? How is it?

smr
Dec 18, 2002

The look on Lying Cat's face when The Will orders everybody out really tugged at me ol' heart-strings. I love that cat.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

I felt sorry for Dengo for a minute, but then I remembered what a bastard he is.

It's...a difficult situation. Dengo was very, very wrong, and Prince Robot was very, very right. Still, Dengo was tragic.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jul 11, 2015

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Fiona Staples won an Eisner for best penciler/inker tonight, hopefully surprising no one.
E: Saga won best continuing comic, too.

limp dick calvin fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 11, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Consummate Professional posted:

Fiona Staples won an Eisner for best penciler/inker tonight, hopefully surprising no one.
E: Saga won best continuing comic, too.

Her work in Archie is fantastic.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Yeah Archie was a real treat. It's the first Archie comic I have ever read, but wow did it look great. I want to buy another copy to never open while I beat the hell out of my first one.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
Archie was great. Staples does acting so well. I wonder if it would have been half as enjoyable without her? (Answers
: no, it wouldn't)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Yeah, I'm not going to be surprised if The Will blames losing both his girlfriend and sister to that couple's and their child's existence. It's just easier. It's also easy to lose yourself and become a monster when it seems like the better choice.

At least they got Prince Robot out of their back.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I wonder if IV is going to appropriate Dengo's cause. There really doesn't seem to be much hope of him returning to his old life. His best chance of survival might actually be leading a coup against his father and the wings. Riling up the poor would be the best way to do that.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
This loving comic I read the issues online and then ordered the hardcover anyway and why is there not more of it. I don't even know what my favorite part about it is, though it might be that the robots' feudal caste system is marked by increasingly advanced television heads. :allears:

One thing, though. When Robot's son is born, the attending nurse says that the baby's name is Prince Robot IV, the same as his dad's. And then IV's brother's name was Duke. I really wonder how the naming scheme goes. Up till now I'd thought the IV meant that he was the fourth prince out of four or more brothers, or that his dad is King Robot III, but now I'm not so sure. Or maybe King Robot is the third, and IV is the crown prince and therefore the successor of the name? But then that makes it seem really weird that the crown prince was fighting right on the front lines of some other power's war (even if they are an ally) and outside of a headline in a newspaper we didn't see any huge reaction to him going missing without warning.

What I'm saying is that the robots are great because they are people with TV heads but they are also really confusing.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
His dad also has a flatscreen for a head. Don't overthink it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

A majestic flatscreen, thank you.

Among a group of androids, if one with such a majestic flatscreen for an head were to be present, would you not pick it as the rightful king?

• Locked thread