Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

One thing, though. When Robot's son is born, the attending nurse says that the baby's name is Prince Robot IV, the same as his dad's. And then IV's brother's name was Duke. I really wonder how the naming scheme goes. Up till now I'd thought the IV meant that he was the fourth prince out of four or more brothers, or that his dad is King Robot III, but now I'm not so sure. Or maybe King Robot is the third, and IV is the crown prince and therefore the successor of the name? But then that makes it seem really weird that the crown prince was fighting right on the front lines of some other power's war (even if they are an ally) and outside of a headline in a newspaper we didn't see any huge reaction to him going missing without warning.

What I'm saying is that the robots are great because they are people with TV heads but they are also really confusing.
It would make sense for the IV to be related to how far from the crown you are. Prince Robot IV dies, so his son becomes the new IV.

As far as it being weird for IV to fight in the war, I feel like Vaughn was drawing inspiration from Prince Harry who served in Afghanistan although history is full of royalty who served. In general though, remember that the Robots live in the same solar system as the Wings and Horns. The Robots can't afford to not ally with someone, especially when neutrality seems to not be an option. As much as the Robots and Wings act like equals, I think it's clear who has the upper hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Now I really want to try some Fadeaway. Looks like fun.

Now that I'm all caught up to issue 30, about how long do I have to wait for the next one? :(

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
Never mind all that. What I want to know is how the princes wife managed to give him a blow-job!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Now I really want to try some Fadeaway. Looks like fun.

Now that I'm all caught up to issue 30, about how long do I have to wait for the next one? :(

Saga publishes six issues in nine months.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Lying.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

That's even better than "Garfield Minus Garfield."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit