Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M42
Nov 12, 2012

Just got to my new place in alexandria. My stuff+bike aren't coming till saturday. Does anyone have or know of a garage/secure parking spot/whatever for a bike? There's been a lot of motorcycle theft in my area (even bikes chained to immovable poo poo). I have comprehensive and fuckoff big chains, but I'd rather not have my bike stolen anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
the man is out to ruin my summer

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HNasty posted:

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

HNasty posted:

Well now you have to tell us what you did.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

kedo posted:

Well now you have to tell us what you did.

I made the mistake of living in VA, I'm caught up in the system man. I've been trying to get off this Control Period/Probation bullshit for 10 years. First you have to drive 6 months with no tickets to get off probation, then you have to drive 18 months without a ticket to get off the control period, just as I'm about to reach the end of my time I get a stupid ticket and it starts all over again. Back in the system with the riff raff again.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HNasty posted:

I made the mistake of living in VA, I'm caught up in the system man. I've been trying to get off this Control Period/Probation bullshit for 10 years. First you have to drive 6 months with no tickets to get off probation, then you have to drive 18 months without a ticket to get off the control period, just as I'm about to reach the end of my time I get a stupid ticket and it starts all over again. Back in the system with the riff raff again.

What kind of ticket exactly puts you on the control period? I've heard some horror stories from friends getting tickets in VA, but never heard about such long probation.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

What kind of ticket exactly puts you on the control period? I've heard some horror stories from friends getting tickets in VA, but never heard about such long probation.

Well you gotta get a whole rack of tickets to get put on control :D At my peak I was like -18 points lol but that was so long ago, now I can't get off this poo poo.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

HNasty posted:

Well you gotta get a whole rack of tickets to get put on control :D At my peak I was like -18 points lol but that was so long ago, now I can't get off this poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

HNasty posted:

Remember this whenever you unsuspecting new riders think about following HNasty in a group ride. He lives only for himself, he cares not for society's norms.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Remember this whenever you unsuspecting new riders think about following HNasty in a group ride. He lives only for himself, he cares not for society's norms.

I told my gf about his decade of probation and she has for forbidden me from riding with him again.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
If anyone is interested in an RFK track day trip report: HNasty and I ended up being the only ones to show up. We rode over there and the entrance I used last time was chained closed, so we used the main entrance on Oklahoma that goes down a path. We had to ride by a rent-a-cop to do this and he drove over to us, making sure we weren't about to ride around the track. They don't usually have security there that I've seen, but a construction crew was in the middle of building a big stage on the lot so it may have been because of that. I really hope the construction in there isn't permanent because it's smack dab in the middle of the track :negative: Other than that it was a good riding day with no rain.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

If anyone is interested in an RFK track day trip report: HNasty and I ended up being the only ones to show up. We rode over there and the entrance I used last time was chained closed, so we used the main entrance on Oklahoma that goes down a path. We had to ride by a rent-a-cop to do this and he drove over to us, making sure we weren't about to ride around the track. They don't usually have security there that I've seen, but a construction crew was in the middle of building a big stage on the lot so it may have been because of that. I really hope the construction in there isn't permanent because it's smack dab in the middle of the track :negative: Other than that it was a good riding day with no rain.

Yeah and I had a salad wrap with goat cheese.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.

hot sauce posted:

Man, I feel less annoyed about being stuck out of town now.

Probably setting up for Warped or something, if that still goes on there. The chains on the fence probably won't come off, but I can't imagine it'll be patrolled all the time. Probably worth running by now and then to see if it's clear.

Edit: Nope. Warped is at Merriweather now. And happened in July. No idea what that stage would be.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Anyone down for a night ride on Friday if the weather holds up? I will be out of town Saturday and Sunday, but tomorrow afternoon/night is wide open.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Hoping to go to Book of Mormon tomorrow (sorry Mormons) so I don't think I can. I swung by RFK today and looked like just the regular farmer's market in our lot, no stage, so maybe we can hit that up soon.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ought ten posted:

Hoping to go to Book of Mormon tomorrow (sorry Mormons) so I don't think I can. I swung by RFK today and looked like just the regular farmer's market in our lot, no stage, so maybe we can hit that up soon.

Book of Mormon is in DC????

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Yes, but its run ends this weekend.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ought ten posted:

Ahh. Well have fun!

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

ought ten posted:

All the seats under $500 have also been sold out since like 5 minutes after they went on sale, and now I'll never get to see it live. :cry:

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
Port City Brewery in Alexandria is doing a beer & potato chip pairing event on Sunday, starting at 2pm. I'll be riding there with a couple newbies, in case you guys want to show up and hang out. My plan is to think of somewhere else to ride after.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

All the seats under $500 have also been sold out since like 5 minutes after they went on sale, and now I'll never get to see it live. :cry:

Went down to wait for standing room tickets this morning. Missed the last tickets by about half an hour, but the first guy on line got there at 5:30 am. Box office opens at 10. I guess I'll wait for the VHS.

hot sauce you still want to do a quick ride tonight? I don't have anything in mind.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ought ten posted:

hot sauce you still want to do a quick ride tonight? I don't have anything in mind.

Sure, I'll text you after work. I might only have an hour or so tonight, can you think of anything near us between 1-2 hours?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Hmm not really. You thinking of going right at 5? We could easily burn up an hour or two just sitting in traffic. Maybe we could clown around at RFK or ride up and down rock creek park a little.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I will be home about 6 today. Rock Creek sounds good to me. You down to meet in Chinatown?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Sounds good. Right by Papa Johns?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Yep, sounds good to me. See you then.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is anyone going to the Baltimore Grand Prix this year? I remember some talk about it in email but can't find it. I'm pretty sure a friend and I are driving up on Friday to check out qualifying. I also don't have plans Labor Day weekend if anyone wants to do a big ride.

Royale with Cheese
Jul 26, 2006

They wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
Hey DC gang, I'm a bit further south than most of you but I hit the city a few times each month.

Location: Leonardtown, MD (Hot Sauce, I'm about 20 minutes away from Budd's Creek)
Bikes: '03 Triumph Speed Four/'04 Kwak Ninja 250
Years Ridden: 2.5
Down for whatever.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Royale with Cheese posted:

Hey DC gang, I'm a bit further south than most of you but I hit the city a few times each month.

Location: Leonardtown, MD (Hot Sauce, I'm about 20 minutes away from Budd's Creek)
Bikes: '03 Triumph Speed Four/'04 Kwak Ninja 250
Years Ridden: 2.5
Down for whatever.

Cool, I like to ride around MD down there when I can. Funny you mention Budds Creek...HNasty and I were talking recently about having a quarter mile goon meet there sometime, just for shits :clint:

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

i'm planning on doing some rides down that way in the near future. It's easier for me to get there than out to Western VA and MD.

Also, count me in for going to Budd's Creek. I've been wanting to go but don't know anybody to go with for a first time and am afraid of looking like a jackass.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I've been feeling all left out, cause my weekends have been booked up. It doesn't look like it's gonna subside any time soon either. :(

I can probably make shorter meetup type things, but day long rides are gonna be tough for a while.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
OP, Please update the first post and add me to the list <3

Bike: CBR600F3, VFR800FI, and lots of vintage hondas.
Years ridden: a few?
Down for: riding, wrenching, whatever.

I don't know how I missed this thread...
I just moved to Richmond from NOVA, but I'm still up in the DC area quite frequently.

I no longer work for Brooks' Cycles in Chantilly, but I can still fix things.
If you need something fixed or replaced immediately, I still highly recommend going to them. Their techs are proficient and the shop overall is excellent.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Hey anyone wanna gently caress around in Loudoun county and ride up to Summit Point this weekend, they're having endurance races up there.

KaiserBen
Aug 11, 2007

HNasty posted:

Hey anyone wanna gently caress around in Loudoun county and ride up to Summit Point this weekend, they're having endurance races up there.

Sure! Finally something going on when I'm near home.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HNasty posted:

Gaaaaah this sounds awesome but I will be helping family with some home repairs Saturday. I'll be back Sunday around 1 if anyone's still around then, I do plan on riding.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

Gaaaaah this sounds awesome but I will be helping family with some home repairs Saturday. I'll be back Sunday around 1 if anyone's still around then, I do plan on riding.

We can do sat or sunday, I think on sunday you'll have to pay entry to get into Summit.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HNasty posted:

We can do sat or sunday, I think on sunday you'll have to pay entry to get into Summit.

Don't plan it on Sunday because of me, I can see myself not having time this weekend for Summit :(

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

anyone riding tomorrow?

Ernie Luckman
May 2, 2007

Same as it ever was.
Hey i've been saying for 3 seasons in a row now, I want to have some sort of fall ride down skyline drive. When's good timing to catch the best fall colors?

Also,

Bethesda, MD
Ninja 500
3 years riding
Interested in group rides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Ernie Luckman posted:

Hey i've been saying for 3 seasons in a row now, I want to have some sort of fall ride down skyline drive. When's good timing to catch the best fall colors?

Also,

Bethesda, MD
Ninja 500
3 years riding
Interested in group rides

October but be prepared to do 25 and stop every 100 yards for tourist stopping in the middle of the road to take pics.

• Locked thread