Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.

HNasty posted:

October but be prepared to do 25 and stop every 100 yards for tourist stopping in the middle of the road to take pics.
It also seems to be the time of year that I run into families of black bears in the middle of the road. Something like 4 years in a row now, traffic, dead stop to take pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

OP, Please update the first post and add me to the list <3

Bike: CBR600F3, VFR800FI, and lots of vintage hondas.
Years ridden: a few?
Down for: riding, wrenching, whatever.

I don't know how I missed this thread...
I just moved to Richmond from NOVA, but I'm still up in the DC area quite frequently.

I no longer work for Brooks' Cycles in Chantilly, but I can still fix things.
If you need something fixed or replaced immediately, I still highly recommend going to them. Their techs are proficient and the shop overall is excellent.

I just took my tires into those guys. Jason? seems like a pretty chill dude.

Who do we pm for the email distro? My bike is back up and I need to break these new tires in. Standard straight commute doesnt help.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Hot Sauce and I were talking about doing a long (all day) ride on Labor Day weekend, prolly head down to SW VA and WV, if the weather is good of course.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

CheeseSpawn posted:

Who do we pm for the email distro? My bike is back up and I need to break these new tires in. Standard straight commute doesnt help.

PMed you, I can add you in.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I'm out of action with trips and people visiting until the third weekend in September or so but I'm always down for weekday and night stuff.

Except for the fact that you're going to get rained on that sounds like it should be a great ride.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I ended up riding around Sugarloaf Mountain and Lake Seneca yesterday. There are some pretty fun roads out there and more cyclists than cars. Met a dude on a Shiver and ended up riding with him for about an hour. All in all it was a pretty good day to be riding.

Here's a crappy video of a creek crossing near Lake Seneca:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdmJPN7vcSA

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?

HNasty posted:

October but be prepared to do 25 and stop every 100 yards for tourist stopping in the middle of the road to take pics.
What if we did a super early morning ride out there via highway, rode skyline at sun rise, caught breakfast somewhere near by, and then took the back roads to DC?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I would totally be down for that, my bike should be fixed by then.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Count me in on that October ride.

HNasty posted:

Hot Sauce and I were talking about doing a long (all day) ride on Labor Day weekend, prolly head down to SW VA and WV, if the weather is good of course.

We were thinking Sunday or Monday of this upcoming weekend. Sunday is much better for me but we didn't have a concrete day yet. Hopefully the weather is nice and the cops aren't writing too many tickets :cop:

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I'd be up for an October ride. Early morning on any of the Sundays would be good, I have to work alternating Saturdays that month.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

hot sauce posted:

We were thinking Sunday or Monday of this upcoming weekend. Sunday is much better for me but we didn't have a concrete day yet. Hopefully the weather is nice and the cops aren't writing too many tickets :cop:
I'm going to the Grand Prix on Fri and Sat, and probably hitting the bars afterwards (read: Sunday = recovery day), so I can only do a Monday ride.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

CheeseSpawn posted:

I just took my tires into those guys. Jason? seems like a pretty chill dude.

Yeah, Jason is a really chill dude. Tell him Charlie sent you and he might hook you up.
...or charge you more since I had to move and left him down a tech for a few weeks.

Edit:
anyone headed south/west this fall for some mountain carving?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

McLarenF1 posted:

I'm going to the Grand Prix on Fri and Sat, and probably hitting the bars afterwards (read: Sunday = recovery day), so I can only do a Monday ride.

I might be going to the Grand Prix on Friday as well, I'll hit you up if I am there. As for riding, Monday may or may not work, I was hoping we'd do it Sunday. HNasty what day works best for you?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
My plan is to gently caress off early Sunday morning (Monday as the back update in case of bad weather)and do around 400 miles, I'll be happy to accommodate anyone that comes but I would suggest picking up something comfy for your seat. Gonna be up in the mountains for most of the time, VA and WV mixed up.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
Zero free time all of labor day weekend, and I've got to make up some hours and work Monday. :(

Anyone want to set up just a general biker meetup in or around the city? Daylong rides are nearly impossible for me for the next several weeks.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

Zero free time all of labor day weekend, and I've got to make up some hours and work Monday. :(

Anyone want to set up just a general biker meetup in or around the city? Daylong rides are nearly impossible for me for the next several weeks.

How about breakfast at the Queen Vic, Ought Ten and I ate there sunday after riding the track and it was p good.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HNasty posted:

My plan is to gently caress off early Sunday morning (Monday as the back update in case of bad weather)and do around 400 miles, I'll be happy to accommodate anyone that comes but I would suggest picking up something comfy for your seat. Gonna be up in the mountains for most of the time, VA and WV mixed up.

Count me in for this. Hopefully we have clear skies all day.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

HNasty posted:

How about breakfast at the Queen Vic, Ought Ten and I ate there sunday after riding the track and it was p good.

That's a fantastic idea. When?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

ought ten posted:

Except for the fact that you're going to get rained on that sounds like it should be a great ride.

It wouldn't be a proper ride without a storm on the way back. It actually hailed for a few minutes this time as well, I poo poo you not. We huddled under this bridge for cover until the rain slowed down. The best part was seeing an old dude on a chromed out trike ride by wearing only a bathing suit, honking and waving at us.

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice
Been riding for around 3 years on a SV650 and I'd be interested in an early-morning/day trip to Skyline drive sometime in October too.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

hot sauce posted:

It wouldn't be a proper ride without a storm on the way back. It actually hailed for a few minutes this time as well, I poo poo you not. We huddled under this bridge for cover until the rain slowed down. The best part was seeing an old dude on a chromed out trike ride by wearing only a bathing suit, honking and waving at us.

What a brilliant and dedicated troll. I need to start saving for a trike.

Also :laffo: at hnasty batting a thousand at rain god.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Yeah, Jason is a really chill dude. Tell him Charlie sent you and he might hook you up.
...or charge you more since I had to move and left him down a tech for a few weeks.

I already took my bike in but I still need to manually clean my carbs and install the jet kit I got laying around. If there's one thing I learned from seeing all the bikes there is that I probably put way too many mods on my bike.

hot sauce posted:

Kinda glad I chickened out. Although I dont mind riding in the rain, I'd rather avoid it. I'm afraid my bike would explode after I installed some projectors. I also dont have the wrist strength for a longer ride so I would probably need to get some type of throttle lock.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

CheeseSpawn posted:

Kinda glad I chickened out. Although I dont mind riding in the rain, I'd rather avoid it. I'm afraid my bike would explode after I installed some projectors. I also dont have the wrist strength for a longer ride so I would probably need to get some type of throttle lock.

If you want to give your wrists some relief, a few folks have this: http://www.amazon.com/Crampbuster-CB2-CrampBuster-Wide/dp/B000GZPH2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378392634&sr=8-1&keywords=cramp+buster

I purchased one but haven't tried it out yet. The people who have it seem to really like it. Also, you should buy some rain gear - we have had rain every single ride over 1 hour long :argh:

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Anyone wanna get up early for cars and coffee this sat?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HNasty posted:

Arg I've been meaning to check that out, but I'll be at the Bmore comic con this Saturday.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

HNasty posted:

I'm down. Meet at the Georgetown Exxon at 6:30 AM? Or 7 AM?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

McLarenF1 posted:

I'm down. Meet at the Georgetown Exxon at 6:30 AM? Or 7 AM?

7AM

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking at a map and Georgetown seems out of the way. Is there any place closer to the event we could meet up at?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

McLarenF1 posted:

Looking at a map and Georgetown seems out of the way. Is there any place closer to the event we could meet up at?

Huh, this is cars and coffee at Katies on Georgetown Pike bro, it's the best location to meet at if you're coming from DC

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

In coming from up by Rockville, MD actually, so down 270.

Edit: Is anyone else coming? Or just me and Nasty?

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 6, 2013

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

McLarenF1 posted:

In coming from up by Rockville, MD actually, so down 270.

270 -> 495 -> GT Pike (193)

If you're early, take 193 to Georgetown and meet at Exxon. You'll double back a few miles with the group into Great Falls for the cars & coffee. Otherwise, just head straight to Great Falls and meet them there.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

And the curse is broken (kind of), took a ride with HNasty today and it didn't rain! But he did lose his cell phone, probably somewhere on the Laguna Seca Gravel Road Edition (complete with corkscrew of death) while in search of the secret Illuminati village. No we didn't find it.

Fake Edit: Just checked my GPS tracker, we freaking rode right past it! Link to Aerial View Map

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Haha, that's a $50,000 a year private girl's school - Foxcroft. My parents had a bed and breakfast in The Plains and I spent one Christmas break chauffeuring a mother of one of the students to the school and back a couple times a week. It was a fun drive but I don't think the mother enjoyed it much. Also, her 12 or 13 year old daughter would hit on me whenever I drove her - it was super awkward.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Found my cell phone, I left it on a wall near the Illuminati village

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

HNasty posted:

Found my cell phone, I left it on a wall near the Illuminati village

You gotta get that emojiing under control, man

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

2 Million Biker ride is on Wednesday. Anyone planning to go? I'm heading down to the Harley dealer tomorrow to get a new bike for it if anyone wants to come with.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

ought ten posted:

2 Million Biker ride is on Wednesday. Anyone planning to go? I'm heading down to the Harley dealer tomorrow to get a new bike for it if anyone wants to come with.

Srs?

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

ought ten posted:

I can't think of anything less fun on a motorcycle than a ride like that, but the biker in me wants to run it anyway just out of spite over the denied permit.

(The fact that it seems to have grown up as some sort of jingoistic backlash to an earlier "million muslim march" thing makes me less inclined to go overheat the Warrior.)

Mr. Eric Praline fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 9, 2013

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Super srs. They'd beat me to death with a bald eagle if I showed up on a rice burner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

HNasty posted:

Unfortunately I can only ride with you guys on Sundays or late Saturdays. I work mid shifts so my day starts at like 5pm or 7pm. :(

• Locked thread