Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

M42 posted:

Is there less talking than why we ride? Like idgaf, just gimme a vroom with a view

I didn't ever see Why We Ride so I can't compare it, but it did have a ton of great slo-mo footage and interesting shots. The interviews were brief enough and not too heavy on the "my bike is an extension of my soul" stuff that goons dislike. It followed the original On Any Sunday's formula and covered all of the different moto disciplines.

I saw it with a non riding friend who really enjoyed it too, if that means anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Excellent :getin: I want to see Drop In on a huge screen

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Anybody interested in hitting bikes and breakfast next weekend? As of now Sunday looks clear, even if it is a little cold. I'd be up for it regardless of temp if anybody else wants to go.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

hot sauce posted:

Bought a new one today - 2004 Honda 599 (Hornet). I've only ridden it about 30 miles so far and can't wait to get a little riding in before it gets too cold around here. It's much more fun to twist the throttle on than the 250 :)

First order of business will be to replace the weird metal aftermarket grips it has with stock ones. Also going to run some seafoam through it because the carb is a little gunky.

Cross posting from the ride thread. Hopefully I'll have a tag for it before it gets too cold. I'm so tempted to go out and ride it more now, but I don't want to press my luck anymore using tags from my old bike...

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I remember being so excited when I got my DRZ that I made it about a half mile from home before remembering it wasn't plated or registered. I tried to ride it home as meekly as possible, which isn't easy on that bike.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.
Awesome, you got the 599! With any luck, this freak weather will keep up and we can have a few nice rides in December.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
http://www.pipeburn.com/home/2014/1/15/1949-indian-arrow-149.html

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Yo anyone know how to drive a small car with a trailer? Need a bike towed from gaithersburg to alexandria, have a friend with a trailer setup (one of the small mesh ones on a manual mazda3), but she literally just got it and hasn't ever driven with a trailer before. She's paranoid she'll gently caress something up. I'm even worse at driving, soooo.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

M42 posted:

Yo anyone know how to drive a small car with a trailer? Need a bike towed from gaithersburg to alexandria, have a friend with a trailer setup (one of the small mesh ones on a manual mazda3), but she literally just got it and hasn't ever driven with a trailer before. She's paranoid she'll gently caress something up. I'm even worse at driving, soooo.

No, but I have a truck and LOTS of experience with trailering pmuch everything.
How urgently does this need to happen? What's the objective here? Just moving the bike or does the car/trailer need to get there too?
DM me ASAP please. I'll be in NOVA tonight and tomorrow.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Sent you a PM!

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Congrats on the new bike. You should just ride it back, gently caress the police :dukedog:

M42
Nov 12, 2012

The police would fire a minuteman directly up my rear end the moment I crossed the VA line, because the angling on the plate is the most illegal thing I've ever seen short of not having one at all.

P.S. I owe you a beer cause it's the SV I poo-pooed earlier when you showed me the ad.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
So thanks to this movie, I have one regret in life, and that's not following through and getting a side car before my dog died.
http://www.sidecardogs.com/

I can get another dog, but do you guys have any hookups for sidecars around here? 6k+ for a new built & shipped one is a little steep for me.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Sidecars are just never cheap. Your best bet might be to look for a used Ural. They're not reliable of course.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I feel like it would be cheaper to get a used Ural and move the sidecar to a more reliable bike. That solid axle probably means it can't happen tho.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I was under the impression that the suspension setup is extremely unique to the individual bike and a good bit of the expense would be setting it up right so you wouldn't really save anything converting a ural sidecar to work with another bike anyways.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
Yeah, just wishful thinking. If I come across a cheap hack, I'll bolt it to the Honda, since no one's ever going to buy that from me.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I had a dream last night that we all went out for a ride and ended up in South Dakota or somewhere. It was a really nice ride except I forgot to bring any of my riding gear. And I had both my bikes somehow. And also Koruthaiolos lives in a Frank Lloyd Wright house but he's a hoarder with half a dozen kids.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Haha, that's awesome. I actually grew up in a Frank Lloyd Wright designed house. Guess this means Sturgis here we come!

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
The Oracle or Rayel.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
You don't need a special front end to run a sidecar, you just don't want to load the hell out of it when driving on regular old telescopics.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
Ugh. The CB900's really long and raked fork is already pretty loaded. That plan's probably out. Ah well.

Matthew Bueller
Aug 23, 2013

Anal sunshine when she's gone. It's not warm when she's away. Anal sunshine when she's gone. And she's always gone too long. Anytime she goes away.
Been absent from the group for awhile. Anyone got a recommendation for a cold weather riding suit? I usually wear TourMaster, so my first thought was their Centurion One-Piece Suit, wanted to get some other opinions.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

Matthew Bueller posted:

Been absent from the group for awhile. Anyone got a recommendation for a cold weather riding suit? I usually wear TourMaster, so my first thought was their Centurion One-Piece Suit, wanted to get some other opinions.
Don't get the Centurion. I had that. It wasn't waterproof, was a really weird fit, and was kind of a pain to get in and out of. Had the same problems with the FirstGear Expedition. I'm wearing 2 piece Klim with heated gear under it these days and it's been great.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Anyone going to the progressive bike show this weekend?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Is this the same bike show as last year? If so, I can't believe a year has already gone by...

I'm game to check it out as long as I can get in with the same pass from 2012 I used last time. What day are you going?

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I should be free this weekend and won't have anything better to do.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I'm free sunday.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

If I'm in town and can swing a press pass I'll come whenever.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
HNasty mentioned doing brunch and then heading over on Saturday morning last time I talked to him.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
life hack: don't listen to things hnasty says, ever

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

hot sauce posted:

life hack: don't listen to things hnasty says, ever

Don't tell me you already flipped the Hornet for several Ducatis.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

So breakfast sunday morning followed by possibly the motorcycle show?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm 100% in for breakfast Sunday and will be making a game time decision about the show.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

I'm 100% in for breakfast Sunday and will be making a game time decision about the show.

I'll be there to whoop your rear end.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

HNasty posted:

I'll be there to whoop your rear end.

Careful on the roid rage there, dude.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
Possibly. Someone let me know timing, cause I have a feeling I won't get there till later in the afternoon.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
9am for breakfast? Y'all are welcome over my place before or we can just meet at Lincoln's Waffles.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Got a good breakfast and saw the stunt show, but otherwise the same as last year. Hot sauce and I are heading out now, see you suckers next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!
Anyone see anything good that the motorcycle show or was it just the same poo poo as every year?

• Locked thread