Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M42
Nov 12, 2012

I never saw so many heads turn completely around when the guy on the H2 rocked up. lovely cell pics:

Hnasty prob has better ones. We rode around Marshall and Hume and stopped at a BBQ place with some of the best drat BBQ I've ever had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Hey let's ride on Sunday

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

ought ten posted:

Hey let's ride on Sunday

I'm down to ride, just not with you guys. (no offense)
I've got a friend visiting from CO so I'll be in Leesburg all morning doing that, I'm probably going to take a quick jaunt West afterwards if anyone is down.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

ought ten posted:

Hey let's ride on Sunday

Yase, lets do eeeiiiitt.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I will come if the TD gets rained out.

Unless y'all are some fair weather riders :clint:

M42 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 24, 2015

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

M42 posted:

I will come if the TD gets rained out.

Unless y'all are some fair weather riders :clint:

yeah I don't have any rain gear, if it's wet I'm stayin home. M42 I wanna take more pictures.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Yeah I'm down for any other weekend, this is the last TD of the season

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

What the heck is a td?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Trackday. You better come to more goon rides, I want to sit on the drz! :v:

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Just as I went to click on this thread I realized what a TD was...

But what you say is true.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Forecast is looking clear for tomorrow. Haitch you still want to ride?

The_Maz
Mar 27, 2005

Get It By Your Hands
The weather blows for riding right now so here's a neat picture of the first woman to get a DC motorcycle license:

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.
My buddy Jen likes riding, but has decided that she hates her bike because it's too heavy. She keeps dropping it at parking speed, and can't pick it up on her own. It's a 2001(?) Ninja 500. Runs great, no serious damage, only real problem is some mismatched paint and lightly scratched plastic. It's definitely a go-er, not a show-er. Carbs were cleaned this summer, new battery, fresh oil, tires, brakes.

What she really wants to do is trade down for an equally-well-running-but-possibly-ugly ninja 250. Straight trade, and she can throw in a little cash for something nicer/newer looking. I'd guess $500 max.

Just throwing it out there in case you guys run across anything. I'd appreciate any leads.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Not sure if Digital_Jesus reads this thread but he has a pregen ninja he was trying to sell for very cheap in NY. He's usually in #bieks if you want to reach out to him.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
http://youtu.be/ovvU3vWP1m8

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

DRZ's for sale you guys. Haven't put it on CL or in the selling thread yet, but I need it gone by the end of the year. Most of you have seen it. Best bike I've owned. 2002 enduro that got an SM conversion, has all the right mods (carb, etc. It was race prepped yo). Comes with all the original crap too, including dirt wheels. Chain, brake pads, fluid, everything's pretty new. Rear tire is getting squared off but it still has plenty of tread.

I paid 3600 for it a couple years ago. I'd like to get that much for it now. Buy it, you'll love it.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

ought ten posted:

DRZ's for sale you guys. Haven't put it on CL or in the selling thread yet, but I need it gone by the end of the year. Most of you have seen it. Best bike I've owned. 2002 enduro that got an SM conversion, has all the right mods (carb, etc. It was race prepped yo). Comes with all the original crap too, including dirt wheels. Chain, brake pads, fluid, everything's pretty new. Rear tire is getting squared off but it still has plenty of tread.

I paid 3600 for it a couple years ago. I'd like to get that much for it now. Buy it, you'll love it.

Goddammit I wish I had the cash right now.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Anyone gonna be at bikes and breakfast this weekend? I'll be there.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
Yup. I'll be there.

The_Maz
Mar 27, 2005

Get It By Your Hands
Flying back into town that morning but if my flight is on time I"ll probably hop on the CBR to try and make it out for a bit.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
Anyone going to this?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'd be down for the movie, but that is going to be a clusterfuck group ride at rush hour.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

hot sauce posted:

I'd be down for the movie, but that is going to be a clusterfuck group ride at rush hour.

Yeah I'd almost rather take the metro from Falls Church to Foggy Bottom and just walk the last mile. gently caress riding anywhere near DC.

The_Maz
Mar 27, 2005

Get It By Your Hands

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Yeah I'd almost rather take the metro from Falls Church to Foggy Bottom and just walk the last mile. gently caress riding anywhere near DC.

I'd be down but yeah gently caress riding in DC rush hour. Only two metro stops from my office though!

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Part of me wants to go just to see the scene before the group ride. Based on that starting location it's probably going to be a hipster thing.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
Show's sold out. I know the Mohawks are gathering for it, I'd imagine it'll be quite the scene of bikes.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Don't know if anybody would be interested in watching this, but ran across the only race held at our local track on youtube. Worth watching at least the beginning for the sweet turn of the millennium style intro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXgoWIh2a6Q

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Koruthaiolos posted:

Don't know if anybody would be interested in watching this, but ran across the only race held at our local track on youtube. Worth watching at least the beginning for the sweet turn of the millennium style intro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXgoWIh2a6Q

:iia: Thank you.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
http://imgur.com/a/QZTeu

Whose bike is this?

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Crossposting from the marketplace thread, but I'm looking to sell my Husqvarna cause I want to buy an SMC. Here's the post with the details if any of y'all are interested:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3119867&pagenumber=59&perpage=40#post453362188

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I thought you were getting in line for a 701?

Also :argh: at you crowding the late fall DC sumo market

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

ought ten posted:

I thought you were getting in line for a 701?

Also :argh: at you crowding the late fall DC sumo market

We just bought a new car so I need something cheaper for a year or two before jumping on the 701. So your DRZ is still for sale? If the SMC disappears before I sell the Husky and you still have it I might be interested.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Makes sense.

Yeah let me know. It's still around.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Just put some stuff up on CL if anyone wants any DRZ parts

Plastics: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mpo/5352925768.html

E wheels: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/mpo/5352921442.html

Supermoto and Concours [WOWOWOW] are still for sale

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Another youthful indiscretion
Do you folks winterize your bikes in DC? I only get to ride about once a week or so, and I'm on the fence about setting it up with fuel stabilizer, etc. I keep the bike outside, under a standard cover. I've got front and rear stands, so I can keep it off the ground when it snows, too. What's the general consensus?

M42
Nov 12, 2012

My bike made it trough last winter fine with just stabil in the gas (outside). It's efi, though. I went all out for the ninja and even fogged the cylinders the winter before that, but I'm not sure it was worth the effort.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Covered, tires off the ground, stabilizer, battery inside on a trickle charger has worked for me. It's not perfect; I think one or more of my slow jets is a little clogged. But it's worked for the past few winters.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Its gonna be nice this weekend, anyone wanna ride sunday?

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

benwards posted:

I only get to ride about once a week or so...
Don't need to winterize if you don't stop riding. 1 month is about the max I'll trust gas in carbs without stabilizer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004

M42 posted:

Its gonna be nice this weekend, anyone wanna ride sunday?
I'm definitely riding Saturday, might join up with the Mohawks for their ride, or else I'll just head West for a few hours on my own.

Haven't decided on Sunday, but I'll probably be down to meet up.

• Locked thread