Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

HNasty posted:

Well you gotta get a whole rack of tickets to get put on control :D At my peak I was like -18 points lol but that was so long ago, now I can't get off this poo poo.
Remember this whenever you unsuspecting new riders think about following HNasty in a group ride. He lives only for himself, he cares not for society's norms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Z3n posted:

More like "Why your kids should ride with you because it'll make your family a real family".

(it was ok)
I saw it on the youtubes, I thought it was fairly crap. Some good interviewees, like Ted Simon, but the movie itself seemed like it was patched together by a director who had no concept for it other than "BIKES RULE MAN THEY'RE EPIC!" Like an hour and a half of slomo shots of people doing completely uninteresting things with completely uninteresting bikes. Just cruising along on an FJR or polishing the chrome on a new Harley, with deep spiritual orchestral music crescendos playing in the background. And voiceovers from people with no script who aren't eloquent.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

HNasty posted:

Where are you in this picture, I can't see you. You should get some hiviz gear bro.
I wanted to say he looked like Tsaven :iceburn:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

M42 posted:

I'm waiting on a cheap sv.
Do this, don't get a GS.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Sidecars are just never cheap. Your best bet might be to look for a used Ural. They're not reliable of course.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
You don't need a special front end to run a sidecar, you just don't want to load the hell out of it when driving on regular old telescopics.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
This is hilarious and I'm going to use this PNG to describe BMW bike design.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

benwards posted:

Do you folks winterize your bikes in DC? I only get to ride about once a week or so, and I'm on the fence about setting it up with fuel stabilizer, etc. I keep the bike outside, under a standard cover. I've got front and rear stands, so I can keep it off the ground when it snows, too. What's the general consensus?
Biggest poo poo we see at the shop, which I believe is not so much weather related as disuse related, is batteries and gas. Keep the battery on a tender, put some ethanol stabilizer in the gas or use non ethanol gas for the winter. Especially on bikes with small engines.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Hnasty gonna end up in Guantanamo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Almost everything you'd use to mess with a gas tank is gonna produce awful fumes, my advice would be to figure out a place you can do the stuff outside. Evaporust and apple cider vinegar are what I use to strip rust, but they do usually take days of soaking in it for it to work.

• Locked thread