Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ah Pook
Aug 23, 2003

Gen. Ripper posted:

STOP THE POLITICIANS CREATED WATER CRISIS etc. signs
Ohhhh, I've been wondering about that, I saw the DEMMYCRAT names on the signs and figured it was a tax or something.

LA's mayoral election was recent-ish and I abstained from voting since I couldn't figure out which candidate was Tweedledee. Democrat Eric Garcetti won by a nose, and as such has been punished with the responsibility of managing Los Angeles (by the way, his inauguration is this sunday, in Grand Park. Drop by to catch impressive stars like... Moby and Jimmy Kimmel :geno:).
Also, in news that shocks no one, the 405 Sepulveda pass widening project is $75 million over budget and being delayed by a year, confirming prophesies that there will never be a north-south thoroughfare in LA county that isn't a clusterfuck impossible to deal with on any level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ah Pook
Aug 23, 2003

Pellisworth posted:

Los Angeles isn't going to pull a Detroit unless the world decides to stop watching American TV and film.
Or it floods over/turns into desert. Big money is going to stay here for as long as we have nice weather and (somewhat) usable beaches.

Ah Pook
Aug 23, 2003

Muck and Mire posted:

I think that high speed rail is an absolutely wonderful idea but I'm not sure we can predict what prices and security will be like in 20 years. I think it's possible, unfortunately, that the prices and the security will be comparable to airports.

Yeah honestly all it's going to take is one knucklehead with a bomb glued to his junk for the TSA or whatever to make sure you never board a train without 90 minutes of lines in the way. Plus you can virtually guarantee that some no-bid contractor is going to end up millions over budget and months behind schedule after accidentally building 1/4 of the line out of plywood. I really want rail to work, but California.

Ah Pook
Aug 23, 2003

Geared Hub posted:

Ballona stuff
What a fuckin mess. I've heard that Pixar is eyeing the real estate there too, everyone wants to get in on that toxic hellhole/wildlife refuge.

• Locked thread