Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«47 »
Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

Boogity-boogity-boo!
You're Sterved!

Where we all come together to play the absolute worst of the worst. The sour-crème de la sour-crème. The abhorrent side of gaming. The most dreadfu- look, we're playing lovely rear end games, drat it.

This is a community-driven megathread made specifically for all of us to LP lovely games and then whine about it afterwards. If there's a game you've played that was particularly lovely or egregious in any way then this is your opportunity to share that so the rest of us can be disgusted and mildly upset by it.

It doesn't take a lot for a bad game to be bad so use your judgment. Perhaps consider what the rest of the thread is posting and think along those lines. Games like Leisure Suit Larry, Homefront, AMY and Far Cry: Vengeance. Those are just tame examples! There is far worse out there. TV and movie licensed games, failed super hero adventures, free/abandon/shovelware crap, free-to-play monstrosities. The possibilities are endless and so may our disdain be.

This thread will likely be more suited to shorter games (~5 hours). While longer games are still welcome, it may be in the interest of the thread to condense the LP or edit it in some way to fit in with the rest.

SPOILERS: This thread is likely to have spoilers for many games. Use your discretion when discussing them. Spoiler tag if necessary.
3 MONTH RULE: As it stands the three month rule is still in effect. If a mod feels it's okay to waiver that then I'll update this but otherwise respect the forum rules.
SCREENSHOT LP: SSLP's are completely welcome. I ask that you keep your updates on http://lpix.org/sslptest/ and link to that in the same format as VLPs.
FORMATTING: In the interest of keeping the thread tidy, there is an example layout below which you can use for updates. You don't have to follow this format but can you provide at least one header image of the dimensions below so the table of contents will look consistent?

Example Update posted:

Example text. Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

link to update

With that out of the way, let's get this poo poo-show started!

Sundowner fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2013 around 00:10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

Boogity-boogity-boo!
You're Sterved!

A place to archive all of your wonderful efforts.

by Danaru
"Next Life is a story about Adam Raichl, who's hobbies are introducing himself, and stuffing rocks and grass into his pockets. He wakes up on an island full of dicks and somehow manages to outdick literally everyone upon arrival."

by Iron Chitlin
"Stolen is a 2005 attempt at cashing in on the relative popularity of the stealth genre. It does this, naturally, by stealing mechanics from other games but with none of the talent that made those mechanics work."

by crowfeathers
"I play a lot of adventure games, and mostly they turn out not to be very good because as a genre they're so cheap and easy to make. I also play hidden object games. Where Angels Cry is the result of someone trying to make a hidden object game while disguising it as an adventure game, thereby making it worse than either of those things."

by Niggurath
"It could almost be considered D 1.5 since it still carries over the same 'digital actress' from D and has quite a few characters from D2, but it has some very defining qualities that make it stand out from D and D2....namely that it's absolute poo poo."

by gregory
"You know the game Prototype? Did you ever think to yourself, "What would this game be like without the sandbox mode, without an interesting protagonist, with terrible, clunky controls and awful gameplay?" Well think no more! I present to you: MorphX!"

by Businessman
"Like "sandbox" games mixed with Super Mario 64 like platforming? No? Too bad!"

by kalonZombie
"Sneak King was a $5 game starring everyone's favorite retired mascot as he wanders about town and gives everyone awful food."

by Chip Cheezum & General Ironicus
"Rogue Warrior is a garbage game about real-life military man Dick Marcinko. He wrote an autobiography also titled "Rogue Warrior" so obviously this game is true to life. Mr. Demo Dick is voiced by Mickey Rourke in this game and he says "gently caress" a lot."

by Nidoking
"Ladies and gentlemen, I present the worst adventure game I've ever had the displeasure of playing to completion. Fable, not to be confused with the series of XBox games with the deep morality system and reasonably approachable stories, is the type of game that could only have been made by people who understand what makes a good game and consciously decided to avoid it."

by SomeoneSomewhere
"Do you long for Xbox Live Indie Games quality productions on your PC? Look no further than RPGMaker user created content! In Skinwalker we follow four bland, inconsistent university students deep into the woods... and their dooms!"

by Angrymog
"We're going to be starting easy with Wizardry Online, a game which is aggressively mediocre and suffers from a few poor design decisions more than anything else. Oh, and also has practically nothing to do with the old Wizardry computer games."

by Killer Emcee
"The Sniper 2 is a budget title released for the PS2 in 2002, although it’s not apparent it was released for the platform when you actually look at it. It looks bad, it plays bad, and there’s little in the way of redeeming qualities other than it’s good for a laugh."

by Kadorhal
"Postal 2 was a game that was a little bit buggy, but was overall good mostly for the catharsis factor in slaughtering as many people as you want with little to no consequence. Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend decided it was done with that poo poo."

by Missing Name
"This is another one of those Disney tie-ins we love soooo much. It has pirates, granted, and we are in the Caribbean. Also, there's a guy named Jack Sparrow and another guy named Captain Barbossa."

by SirDifferential
"Weird Dreams is a psychedelic adventure game released in 1988 for Amiga, Atari and MS DOS. In it you play as a man having spooky nightmares while undergoing neurosurgery."

by gatz
"I cried too, but for opposite reasons. Stupid adventure game puzzles, wonky translation, bad dialogue, the list goes on and on. It had promise, but this game falls flat on its face."

by Robohobobro
"It's the Game of Thrones of FMV games, full of political intrigue, fighting and sorcery. The game's hero is a young, aspiring archer, but we're playing as some other guy."

by MooCowlian
"Painkiller is one of my favourite FPS games. It's basically a game about using ridiculous weapons to play with corpses in a physics engine. They explode and fly around, and it was really 12 year old cool. Painkiller: Redemption shares the same premise but is a lovely fan mod that somehow got released as an actual game with it's own Steam entry and everything."

by ritcheyz
"Kane and Lynch 2: Dogs Days is a game I bought for five dollars to play with a friend. Neither of us enjoyed it, and we both agree that this was probably a mistake."

by Niggurath
"P.N. 03 is Capcom attempting to make a Devil May Cry game for the Gamecube while trying to not remind people too much of their better fleshed out franchise. And what we're left with is something that is both stylistic and yet tremendously bland at the same time, which is truly magical to see."

by Veloxyll
"It was highly anticipated as the first Sword of the Stars is really good, and the sequel promised to fix some of the gameplay issues that were part of the engine.
Unfortunately, as you might guess by it being here, this isn't what happened. What happened was, on release, we got a highly buggy Alpha. ORIGINALLY this was reported as being the developer build from 6 months ago. When they updated it, it turns out the 'finished' product was not much better."

by Habermann
"You play as the titular RoboCop, as he walks the streets of Detroit and shoots anyone dumb enough to shoot at his metal exoskeleton. You think criminals would realize by this point in the RoboCop timeline that bullets are completely ineffective against his metal exoskeleton, but apparently they still don't???"

by JamieTheD
"The gameplay itself is dull, with only a few exceptions (which are godawful), but it's the writing, the pacing, and the voice-acting that really makes this a candidate for the thread."

by Tin Tim
"Basically, this game is about a reality show where some washed up celebrities travel through time and shoot dinosaurs. Also they are supposed to film a razor commercial for Schick. Or something."

by El Generico
"Come, have a seat. Yeah, it's a little uncomfortable, I've got to replace the purple cushions on these lovely wooden chairs. OK, now, I'm receiving your aura through the forums, and I'm ready to use the cards to tap into your future."

by ShadowMar
"We can only recommend this to people who are interested in quitting videogames completely." - G4TV review

by Alchanii
"Dead Island is famous for spitting out an Announcement Trailer actually worth a drat. Then making GBS threads on everyone's dreams of being a good rival/competitor to Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2 and every other zombie game out at the time"

by Zain
"Bullet Witch! It's a 3rd person shooter where you play as a witch that shoots bullets. Pretty simple as an idea huh? Released around late 2006-2007 for the Xbox 360. It can be considered as a pseudo-launch title and it shows!"

by FreezingInferno
"Though the developers came up with a clever way to make a movie about people in submarines and offices talking into a video game for children, they didn't make a very good video game. As you'll see."

by Sundowner
"Released back in February to a barrage of hate from both gamers and critics for essentially being Duke Nukem Forever 2.0 in terms of development hell and being passed around like a 10 cent hooker. Funny that, considering the studios tied to this game."

Sundowner fucked around with this message at Mar 4, 2014 around 16:09

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

Boogity-boogity-boo!
You're Sterved!

Here's my (first) contribution to the thread! It's a playthrough of the wonderfully disappointing Aliens: Colonial Marines. Released back in February to a barrage of hate from both gamers and critics for essentially being Duke Nukem Forever 2.0 in terms of development hell and being passed around like a 10 cent whore. Funny that, considering the studios tied to this game.

Sundowner fucked around with this message at Jun 29, 2013 around 20:52

Habermann
Nov 3, 2007

by Lowtax

I promised Sundowner in the Sandcastle that I had a "special surprise" for the thread. Well, here it is!

Once upon a time, Gamespot had a semi-recurring video segment titled "Don't Play This Game." Reviewers would invoke it when they were faced with a game so bad, they struggled to write a proper review for it. Perhaps the most notable entry in the series was Alex Navarro's infamous 1-star review for Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, which features no spoken commentary whatsoever.

The videos serve to openly mock the games, and portray them in the worst possible light. Only half of the videos in the series even bothered to include actual gameplay footage of the games in question. Each video was almost completely different in format from the last, with the only constant throughout the series being a plea at the end by the reviewer that you, the viewer, "don't play this game."

I'm going to ignore that advice.

I currently have en-route to my house copies of Navy SEALs: Weapons of Mass Destruction, Arthur's Quest: Battle for the Kingdom, Sniper: Path of Vengeance, Gods and Generals, RoboCop, and last but not least, Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. I'm going to figure out how to get them to run on a modern-day PC, and then I'll play through as much of them as is possible, bearing in mind that some of them are apparently so poorly programmed they are un-finishable. Most of these will be blind runs for me (I've played RoboCop and Big Rigs in the past already), so expect some fair amount of confusion on my part while I attempt to overcome both bad design and a lack of experience with these games.

The first games are slated to arrive as soon as July 1st. I'll update you guys as they actually arrive.

Habermann fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2013 around 17:20

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

I guess that energy shake is out of the question, huh?

I've got a couple of ideas that I may do here. I have had some games bouncing around in my head a while that I want to do but are ether too short or don't really have enough to warrant there own thread.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

This thread is gonna be fun. I'll be more than happy to pitch in to the suffering with an awful game or two. Short older stuff, but still pretty drat awful.

Not Big Rigs awful though. Good lord, Habermann.

MooCowlian
May 12, 2012

bear-headed geese

I'm downloading Painkiller: Redemption right now. I can't believe I'm going to play that again.

Edit: holy poo poo, I forgot how awful this is. I'm like half an hour in and I'm angry.

MooCowlian fucked around with this message at Jun 28, 2013 around 19:13

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

"Charge."
- Great Guard Cavalry Captain

I've already got a game lined up that I swore never to play again.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

I LOVE TO TROLL GBS

Finally, an excuse for me to LP BRINK.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

As said in the castle, I have a game waiting for this. I don't wanna spoil the surprise, and the chance that someone else will do it is slime to none. But let me say that it's the lost single player episode of a F2P multiplayer game made with Source. Not sure when I find the time, but it'll happen!

E:

Habermann posted:

Sniper: Path of Vengeance
Ahaha, I know that one. You're in for a real treat!

Alchanii
May 16, 2013

WHO DO YOU VOODOO, BITCH?

Lazyfire posted:

Finally, an excuse for me to LP BRINK.

A game so bad, it was the first game I have ever returned. Bought it brand new at $60, and returned it for $12. Told the guy I DON'T GIVE A gently caress JUST TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME.

Uh... Anyways. I might contribute something, if I can find that something, anyway.

Alchanii fucked around with this message at Jun 28, 2013 around 18:47

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

Boogity-boogity-boo!
You're Sterved!

I meant to post this with the Aliens video but whatever...

FACE.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

I LOVE TO TROLL GBS

Alchanii posted:

A game so bad, it was the first game I have ever returned. Bought it brand new at $60, and returned it for $12. Told the guy I DON'T GIVE A gently caress JUST TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME.

Uh... Anyways. I might contribute something, if I can find that something, anyway.

Here is a multiplayer only game that has some of the worst launch netcode I've ever seen in my life. By the end of the game's two week lifecycle I was only launching grenades into people's chests to knock them down then slide tackling them when they stood up. That was how I had fun in BRINK.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

You guys are going to make me play Pirates of Black Cove again, aren't you?

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

Boogity-boogity-boo!
You're Sterved!

Oh I should mention there's a reason I put Far Cry: Vengeance in the OP. It is possibly one of the worst games I have ever played and it makes Far Cry 2 look like Ocarina of Time in comparison. If someone could possibly trudge through that monstrosity then I will be supremely impressed. It's not only a test of ones patience but of ones sanity outright. ~20fps Wii-mote only gameplay with some of the most horrible AI I have had the displeasure of playing against.

I own FC:Vengeance but I absolutely refuse to play it no matter how bad it is. Not even for the justice of exposing it's foul ways to the thread.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

I LOVE TO TROLL GBS

Sundowner posted:

Oh I should mention there's a reason I put Far Cry: Vengeance in the OP. It is possibly one of the worst games I have ever played and it makes Far Cry 2 look like Ocarina of Time in comparison. If someone could possibly trudge through that monstrosity then I will be supremely impressed. It's not only a test of ones patience but of ones sanity outright. ~20fps Wii-mote only gameplay with some of the most horrible AI I have had the displeasure of playing against.

I own FC:Vengeance but I absolutely refuse to play it no matter how bad it is. Not even for the justice of exposing it's foul ways to the thread.

I think there was a Giant Bomb quick look or someone playing the game I had seen recently where there were three guys on a beach, the player walked up to one and shot him in the back twice and the guy kept walking forward, his friends stood still looking away. After the first guy was down the player straight ran into the other enemy guy a couple times with no reaction. While watching this I wondered why someone decided to show off some obscure N64 game the graphics were so bad.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

Boogity-boogity-boo!
You're Sterved!

Lazyfire posted:

I think there was a Giant Bomb quick look or someone playing the game I had seen recently where there were three guys on a beach, the player walked up to one and shot him in the back twice and the guy kept walking forward, his friends stood still looking away. After the first guy was down the player straight ran into the other enemy guy a couple times with no reaction. While watching this I wondered why someone decided to show off some obscure N64 game the graphics were so bad.

I think it's about 4 hours long (at least the devs have some sympathy for the player) and I got through about 2 hours of it and had experiences like you described more than I care to admit. At one point I walk straight up to a guard facing me and I shot him in the crotch twice and he TURNED AWAY FROM ME exclaiming that he knew I was around here somewhere. I shot him once more in the rear end and he died and then his two friends run up to the dead body (mind you they just pathed to it, they didn't inspect it) and then walked away in opposite directions and I just ran off to progress the mission.

It will take someone stronger willed than I to successfully LP that game but I'd so love to see it done.

Sorites
Sep 10, 2012

I was looking forward to this thread from the moment I saw the title. This latest post has drat near got me climbing up my walls.

Dr. Tough
Oct 21, 2007

The Aliens game doesn't look so much bad as it looks just uninteresting.

bumblingbee
Dec 30, 2012

Gregbus? Gregbus, what's wrong? Answer me! GREGBUS!

If I can make some time (and learn the ropes of video-editing) I might chime in with some Soldner: Secret Wars in the unpatched version. The patched version is apparently free, but that game was such a botched mess in its original state that it has to be "enjoyed" that way.

bumblingbee fucked around with this message at Jun 30, 2013 around 16:57

judge reinhold
Jul 25, 2001

bumblingbee posted:

If I can make some time (and learn the ropes of video-editing) I might chime in with some Soldner: Secret Wars in the unpatched version. The patched version is apparently free, but that game was such a botched mess in its original state that it has to be "enjoyed" that way.

Oh my God... please! This game was such an amazing pile of garbage. Perhaps the greatest day of my life was when we found out how to spam "map check" over the radio so everyone could hear it. Me and my buddy eventually took to loading up the game, buying the cheapest cars available, then dueled like rhinos, which lead to interesting results such as our cars going straight up into the atmosphere.

Such fond memories... to this very day "map check" is part of the lexicon for our group. Please, if possible, show off all the radio sound clips.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

I think the people making the Aliens game forgot they weren't making a zombie game, because for a game about fighting agile monsters who can clime on walls and ceilings and come at you from anywhere in tight claustrophobic environments you sure are doing a lot of shooting things running strait at you in a strait line from a comfortable distance away in open rooms.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

Boogity-boogity-boo!
You're Sterved!

Dr. Tough posted:

The Aliens game doesn't look so much bad as it looks just uninteresting.

I'm hoping I get lucky with all of the wonderful bugs and issues that others had while I'm recording. It's definitely a pretty mundane game at times but I still think it's pretty terrible insofar as it's relation to the actual movies, which it retcons a number of things that seem pretty drat important otherwise. Hicks and Newt live despite what we were told in Aliens 3, and the body they found and identified as Hicks is now some Wey-Yu mook who Hicks killed just prior to the events of A:CM.

Otherwise it just suffers from the same thing a lot of modern shooters do, it just stings more because it could be a really loving great game if done right instead of being tossed around development studios and regarded as second best to Borderlands 2 (which I'm now realizing is a great coincidence because I'm currently LPing that too!) which is fair on Gearbox's part. They wanted to hone in on BL2 and make it as "good" as they could but they still greenlit exactly what I'm playing now. Complete reckless disregard for the source material, the fans and ultimately a waste of a game.

Vorpal Cat posted:

I think the people making the Aliens game forgot they weren't making a zombie game, because for a game about fighting agile monsters who can clime on walls and ceilings and come at you from anywhere in tight claustrophobic environments you sure are doing a lot of shooting things running strait at you in a strait line from a comfortable distance away in open rooms.
Just you wait! (until we get to the slow moving, walking-upright Xeno's)

v v v I recall seeing this a while back. Oh how it hurts my feelings to see there could have potentially been a much more involved squad based game based on this source material but never the less it would have suffered from the fact that you sort of need a ton of Xeno's to actually make the squad combat worth a drat. They could perhaps make Xeno's much more difficult and thus spawn less and have a focus on smart squad play but in today's gaming climate I couldn't see that happening for such a hugely popular franchise game.

Sundowner fucked around with this message at Jun 28, 2013 around 20:45

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

"Charge."
- Great Guard Cavalry Captain

I'm not sure how many people know, but Obsidian Entertainment was working on an Aliens game at one point before it got cancelled.

One of the Pre-Alpha videos show just how far they got, and it still looks better than A:CM.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Just when the GEO Pandemic was thought to be no more, it returned -- this time not as a modified strain of flu, but as a vast, unstoppable tide of infected green sea turtles. Once a beloved GEO landmark species, these hard-shelled aquatic killers were now the harbingers of World War G.

So wait a minute, Keyes was wearing a heavy armor chestplate tough enough to have tally marks chalked on it. How did a chestburster just pop through that like it was nothing?

Niggurath
Apr 7, 2009

Look out for a spooky ghost frog!

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

So wait a minute, Keyes was wearing a heavy armor chestplate tough enough to have tally marks chalked on it. How did a chestburster just pop through that like it was nothing?
I'm sure there's something to it like acids that the xenomorph blood produces or just that the jaws of a chest burster are meant to be strong enough to break through bone and muscle. It's not too outside the bounds of Aliens logic I suppose.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

Boogity-boogity-boo!
You're Sterved!

Yeah, in Alien a few tiny drops of the Xeno's blood manages to melt through practically every floor of the Nostromo without issue. It's not too wild that the little bugger managed to burst through his chest plate. Then again, consider for a moment that I slayed what.. 40 Xeno's in that video and the Sulaco took naught but a scratch? loving inconsistencies. drat it Gearbox. drat it Hollywood.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Just when the GEO Pandemic was thought to be no more, it returned -- this time not as a modified strain of flu, but as a vast, unstoppable tide of infected green sea turtles. Once a beloved GEO landmark species, these hard-shelled aquatic killers were now the harbingers of World War G.

I get the impression that the chestburster scene was animated without regard to what the character model was wearing, honestly. The scene feels laughably empty, like it was put together over the course of an hour. So, y'know, it's a good metaphor for the rest of the game.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Would a bad expansion for a good game count for this? I'm thinking this would be a good excuse to actually do Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

Boogity-boogity-boo!
You're Sterved!

Kadorhal posted:

Would a bad expansion for a good game count for this? I'm thinking this would be a good excuse to actually do Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend.

I'd say it's absolutely welcome, more so if it's an expansion over just DLC but even then I'm sure if there's any examples of plain terrible DLC that it will be "welcomed" with "open arms".

v v v

MooCowlian posted:

Would it be too terrible if I turned the difficulty right down? Painkiller: Redemption has no settings between stupidly easy and unfair bullshit that takes hours to beat, mostly through attrition and save scumming. The lower difficulty also fiddles with the tarot cards system, but I can still discuss them and they're terrible anyway.

That's your call. I'm sure some will play games on the stupidest difficulty to illustrate certain things but if the difficulty doesn't necessarily change how bullshit or terrible the game is then it's up to you if it's worth showing or not.

Sundowner fucked around with this message at Jun 28, 2013 around 22:57

MooCowlian
May 12, 2012

bear-headed geese

Would it be too terrible if I turned the difficulty right down? Painkiller: Redemption has no settings between stupidly easy and unfair bullshit that takes hours to beat, mostly through attrition and save scumming. The lower difficulty also fiddles with the tarot cards system, but I can still discuss them and they're terrible anyway.

Niggurath
Apr 7, 2009

Look out for a spooky ghost frog!

Kadorhal posted:

From having watched DepressingDrawers play through it, I can say it definitely fits into the theme of the LP and that I'm very sorry if you want to put yourself through that type of torture.

FillInTheBlank
Feb 24, 2010

Chestplates are not armoured on the inside.
C'mon guys use a bit of logical thinking.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

I love physics,
in theory.

Kadorhal posted:

Postal 2 is my favorite game I hate to love. I think the biggest flaw with it is that if you go in expecting anything more than total nonsense, you will you be completely disappointed. It's pretty much just a casual game that happens to include shooting with the possibility of killing. That said, *AW breaks the system by railroading you through linear missions, the opposite of what the game proper does, and it requires that you act like a sociopath (which really takes the fun out it.) I'd say it fits the bill for this thread perfectly. Hell, Postal 3 would probably work too, since it hosed up the execution of P2's magic so badly.

*The AW7 mod on the other hand is great. Just stop playing after Friday.

Smornstein
Nov 4, 2012

If any of you have a working original Xbox i implore you to hunt down through whatever means a copy of Nightcaster: Defeat the Darkness a horrible Fantasy actiony game that replied heavily on an elemental weakness wheel, to the point where anything else would do almost no damage, and because you play a mage you have pitiful HP, one time use save points, and collectables in the form of spells.

The Steak Justice
Jul 16, 2009

You are amongst friends.

Ooh I might have to pop in Battle For Olympus in the near future. Won't be long since you only need a few minutes to get the picture.

Sythe2o0
Mar 30, 2010

Sundowner posted:

I think it's about 4 hours long (at least the devs have some sympathy for the player) and I got through about 2 hours of it and had experiences like you described more than I care to admit. At one point I walk straight up to a guard facing me and I shot him in the crotch twice and he TURNED AWAY FROM ME exclaiming that he knew I was around here somewhere. I shot him once more in the rear end and he died and then his two friends run up to the dead body (mind you they just pathed to it, they didn't inspect it) and then walked away in opposite directions and I just ran off to progress the mission.

It will take someone stronger willed than I to successfully LP that game but I'd so love to see it done.

I got most of the way through Far Cry: Vengeance up until a part where you climb an oil rig-- there's a door that I guess is only supposed to open when you've killed all the enemies or something, and first time through the door was open and I walked through it dying almost immediately for some reason or another. The game spawned me right outside the door. But the door was closed. All the enemies were dead. I could restart the console and I still couldn't get through the door or backtrack. I actually remember enjoying the game up until then, but I might be misremembering on account of it being quite some time ago.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

MooCowlian posted:

I was going to come into this thread and yell at you for besmirching a game with a gun that shoots shurikens and lightning, but fortunately I noticed you were only planning to take the piss out of a bad fan-made mod turned expansion. By all means, carry on.

Cialis Railman
Apr 20, 2007

Sundowner posted:

Here's my (first) contribution to the thread! It's a playthrough of the wonderfully disappointing Aliens: Colonial Marines. Released back in February to a barrage of hate from both gamers and critics for essentially being Duke Nukem Forever 2.0 in terms of development hell and being passed around like a 10 cent whore. Funny that, considering the studios tied to this game.

Watch on YouTube

I swear I've seen some of the weapon animations in this game before. Did they crib assets from CS or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MGN001
May 12, 2012

I was trying to think of an NES game for this thread, but then...I looked over to my game shelf...and saw...

godno...

«47 »