Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Beaters
Jun 28, 2004

SOWING SEEDS
OF MISERY SINCE 1937
FRYING LIKE A FRITO
IN THE SKILLET
OF HADES
SINCE 1975
Never had the dubious pleasure of making phenazepam's acquaintance. Without judging others, I will say I'm very wary of RCs generally. That includes the synthetic cannabinoids. Nothing like paying to be a guinea pig in some chemist's unauthorized and uncontrolled human clinical trial. At least with the old school drugs there is usually a more or less large body of research from which to make informed decisions if one chooses to. That's my opinion, subject to refinement and revision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more
I didn't see thatdamnjew's posts much, but when I did I saw that he was quite kind and knowledgeable. regardless of phenazepam's role in this situation I also want to extend my condolences.

InvincibleMadHouse
Jan 19, 2009

by Ralp
First of all I'm sorry for your loss and thankful that you knew his interest well enough to post here, and having known loss like this from less intimate associates, the thing I'm left with is that so often what gets you is what you think wont't. I hope you can ignore that poo poo heel and appreciate then tenuous hold we all have on existence :(

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Do you feel better now?

Tuesday Morning
Apr 20, 2004

Staring directly into the collective Goatse.cx of the Internet’s soul.
Here's the reason for my 'gently caress phenazepam' comment.

I was gone when he died. I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive myself for the guilt I feel for being gone when he died.
I was gone because he had scared me with how out of it he was the days before. I was just going to let him ride this one out on his own and ... I don't know. But I was gone.

That Wednesday night, he hallucinated for two hours. Severe, complete, unmistakable hallucinations. Then he fell asleep. He didn't remember anything Thursday morning. I asked him what he had taken and he said phenazepam, but only one milligram (I think he said milligram). I left him to do his work like he had been doing from home. Later in the afternoon I took the boys to karate. When I came home, he was dressed and waiting for me to give him the car keys.

He was stumbling, though, and I said no. He said he needed to meet a friend just up the street. After a convoluted chain of events, I threw the keys at him and said to just go. He sat for ten minutes in the driveway before he drove off. He came back and said he had forgotten something, and we talked for a few minutes; he was forgetting things he had said only minutes before, so I called the discussion a loss and he went back out; on his way out he said, "If you've been recording this conversation I'll degauss your iphone."
"Why would I record our conversation?"
"So that you'd have evidence when you take the kids and bail."
"Why would I do that?"
"When you get tired of all this and take the kids."
"I'm not recording anything. What the gently caress is wrong with you? What the gently caress?"
And he left.
He came back once again, and this time I asked him if he had taken more phenazepam. He said yes, but told me two milligrams (or x measurement, I don't remember exactly). I begged him to let me hold it for him and dose it properly since it did work for his PTSD and it did help him sleep. He was vehemently opposed to that because he feared I would stop wanting to give him any.

Here's where it got scary.
He went into the office and grabbed the safe keys. Now, I followed him because I was sure he'd go to wherever he had his stash of phenazepam. He took the safe keys into the bedroom and closed the door. I, of course, opened it and he immediately sat down.
"What're you going into the safe for?"
"I'm not, I'm just sitting here, thinking."
So I sat down and waited. Then I remembered we had a spare safe key in the closet so I got up to get it. I stepped into the closet and he pulled his gun out of its holster. He didn't point it at me, but he drew it.
"Why do you have your gun out?"
"I don't know if there are any other weapons in the closet."
"Are you serious? We cleaned this out last week. There's nothing in here."
I had my finger on the button to call 911 but he put his gun away as I stood there. I was mad but calm.
"Give me the safe keys."
"I don't have the safe keys."
"Yes you do, I saw you take them."
"I don't have the safe keys. Do you want me to empty my pockets?"
"So if I go into the office right now, I'll find them?"
"Yeah."
I walk into the office, eye on him the whole time, and find no keys. I made him empty his pockets and got the safe keys. I opened the safe and emptied it, hoping to find his drugs. I found nothing. He said he needed to get money out of the safe and I said no, he could use his debit card for anything he needed money for (for my own tracking purposes).
He asked me if I wanted a divorce. I said no, wholeheartedly no, and asked him the same. He said no.
He left, finally, to "go clear his head" at the bar down the street, and I called my ex-prison-guard friend for advice.

Because he had drawn on me, I didn't feel safe. Because he was having such a major psychotic episode, and because phenazepam overdose causes extreme psychosis, I didn't know what was coming next. My friend and his wife came over and he removed all the magazines from the guns we couldn't take with us in the car while she helped me gather a bag of things for the kids and myself. The kids and I went to my sister's house to stay the night.

He had turkey and coke at the bar down the street. He tweeted about it. He texted me to see if it was ok to come home. I didn't respond. When he got home he texted, at 11:43pm, "well, I guess I have a loaded .40s&w for whether it is you're planning on doing. if you aim to shoot first, make it cout. all that said, whatever you're planning on, it won't end well." (text is exactly as he typed it, spelling errors and everything)
The next morning, Friday, after a few normal-ish texts about an issue with his paycheck, he sent, at 8:43am: "is the 50 in my wallet for cab fare? wtf is going on here"
Shortly after, he began this:
"house keys
where are they"
Me: "I have them, why?"
"I need IMO
in
now
I NEED TO GET SOME THING INNHOUSE
because I'm leaving early for my apt
keys, or I'm leaving"
Me: "I'm not home, sweetie."
"where are you
and the kids
this will be problem 2 later"
Me: "Out. Why did you lock the door? How did you expect to get back in with no keys?"
"ok. this convertation is over
talk to you later
angry"
Me: "When you get to your doctor's appointment, you should leave your gun in the car. In case you're still angry."
"my anger is focused"

At this point, I called his pain management doctor. I told him how he had been acting, what he was on, and that he had a gun. The doctor had never heard of phenazepam. I gave him a brief rundown. He said he would call Metro for backup, just in case. I knew I was breaking the rules of the contract and it could get my husband booted from the office and banned from pain management, but at this point I didn't care. I was too concerned about the welfare of the people in that office and my husband to worry about pain management; I was actually thinking about rehab for him by then.

9:19am
"how mad am I going to be"
Me: "I just don't want you to snap in the office because you've been seriously off. And you don't remember how off you've been being. You just remember that I'm angry."
"there are only 2-3 things that might make me 'snap'/disassociate"
Me: "Phenazepam being one of them, apparently."
"...
battery dying
see you whenever to grace my presence again
I will see the kids before that"
Me: "Get help and we will talk."
"you first"
Me: "Alright."
"out.
and now I am even more angry"

Metro called me and I explained the situation. I told them I called because he was out of it on some medication and that he drew his weapon on me the previous night. They said they'd call me back after they got to talk to him.

I'm filling in gaps here from what the doctor and Metro told me after he had already been sent on his way.
His doctor got him in the room with Metro and asked him to unload and hand over his gun, which happened willingly. Then the doctor said he looked really ill. My husband's response was, "I'm just exhausted from my trip to Israel. I'm fine." And the visit continued on from there like normal. Before he left, Metro confiscated his gun for a two week period. His last text to me was "ANGRRYO" about the time that he left the doctor's office, which was 11am.

The doctor and Metro both called to tell me that he passed all the lucidity tests and "answered questions appropriately." What they didn't know when they let him go was that he hadn't been to Israel; the doctor was very upset to have heard that and said he regretted giving him his prescription at that point but that he had known what day it was, where he was, who the people around him were, and all that. The doctor offered to walk down with him to the ER but Michael said no. When Metro called, the officer even said that "he seems really out of it but we couldn't legally hold him." He then told me to be safe.

Sometime during all this, I had called my mother-in-law to have her come get the kids because I didn't want to deal with putting him into forced rehab or hashing through this latest drug issue while worrying about the kids. She showed up, got the kids, and I took a much-needed nap. This was about 3:30pm or so on that Friday. I texted my neighbor and asked her to check if he was home. She said he was. I sent him two texts asking him if he was okay but got no response.

I woke up from one of the hardest and deepest naps I can ever remember and checked my phone. It was about 4:45pm. I sent a couple of texts as I got ready to go home but I got no answer. I called his phone but it went to voicemail. My neighbor looked outside for me and said the car was there and had been there for a while. It wasn't like him to be home and not charge his phone. I got worried. I left my sister's house at 5:20pm. I pulled up to my house and called my neighbor; she was going to be my backup buddy because I had promised several people I wouldn't go into the house alone.

That's when I found him; I'll paste in here what I posted elsewhere because it's too hard to re-write.

---
I parked across the street and walked toward the driveway. I looked at the car, you know, just absentmindedly, because it was our car. I could vaguely see, through the dark tint, the outline of the headrests. I continued walking up the driveway and it was then that I saw it; one headrest didn’t look like a headrest anymore. It looked like a silhouette of a lock of hair.
Two steps took me to the driver’s side of the car. I saw him, slightly leaned toward the door, not moving. My eyes went to his chest, hoping, begging to see it rise and fall with breath but it was still. I tried to open the door but it was locked. I pounded on the window with my fists using all my strength and willpower and yelled his name. He didn’t wake up. I shook the car, screaming for him; his body moved with the motion but otherwise was unresponsive. My neighbor had walked outside to say hi already and I yelled to her frantically, “He’s in the car!” She ran back into her house to get a phone to call 911 and get her husband. There was a stepping stone nearby so I picked it up and smashed it against the back side window. It didn’t do anything so I hit it again. I hit it a third time and realized the window wasn’t going to break; I needed a stronger option. I was dialing 911 on my cell while running into my neighbor’s garage to get the sledgehammer I knew was there. My neighbor’s husband had seen what needed to be done and had run back inside to get a coat hanger to try to get the passenger side open.
The 911 operator answered and I gave my address while swinging the sledgehammer towards the side window. It bounced off. I swung it again while Medical Response got on the line. The side window didn’t break and I had to get in. I had to. Briefly the thought crossed my mind about how much repair work had just been done on the car but my husband was in the front seat, unresponsive. The back window crinkled and shattered with one desperate blow and the sledgehammer was taken from me as I climbed onto the trunk. My neighbor’s stepdad had taken the sledgehammer and was using it to clear chunks of window from around me as I leaned in and screamed out Michael’s name. I couldn’t fit between the roof and the back headrests, so I fumbled to remove the middle one. One of our kids’ carseats was in the way so I leaned down inside and unbuckled it, dragging it out through the hole where the back window was. It got stuck and I needed help to pull it out, but the second it was out, I was down inside that car, leaning into the front seat to unlock the doors for the people who were there. Michael was still unresponsive and his body was unmoving, unyielding, as hands tried to pull him out. I knocked on the window and someone opened the door to let me out of the back seat. I tumbled out and screamed his name over and over; I was held back, away from the car, as the 911 operator said to get him out and start CPR. I said we couldn’t get him out. She said we needed to start CPR. I said he’s stiff and we can’t get him out.
The officers arrived in droves at that time, and the paramedics were right behind them. They swarmed the scene like ants and reported to dispatch that they were there. The lady on the phone said she was going to let me go because they were there and I said thank you and she hung up.
---

I've been trying not to lay blame anywhere, because in the end it all comes back to me. Well, to him, rather, but there were so many things I could have done, so many choices I could have made to not have allowed this to happen. I am secure in the fact that I made the best decisions I could in the moment the situation was happening, but ... but I wasn't there. I was gone. I didn't have him forcibly committed. I didn't have him arrested. I was scared, though, and trusted him to work it all out like the adult he was.

But I wasn't there and every so often it hits me and I think I could have prevented this somehow. I just don't know.

They found his empty phenazepam vial in his pocket, as well as a set of house keys.

I know it's not my fault but god dammit, god dammit, god dammit. gently caress phenazepam. gently caress escapism. gently caress everything.
gently caress you, Michael, for doing this to us. gently caress it all. God dammit.

edit: One comfort I have is that all his actions were the result of the phenazepam and not him. He would never have acted like this normally. Another small comfort is that he probably didn't remember 90% of any of this and so ... I don't know, I don't feel like the last three days of his life counted in our relationship. No last words of anger, no arguments, no nothing. The last three days were wiped clean and we ended on a good note, not this horribly lovely one. I'll take all the comfort I can hold onto.

Scald
May 5, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 years!
God drat... gently caress phenazepam. I flushed mine in exchange for my friend flushing his, I'm so sorry that you had to see this happen to someone you loved.

Beaters
Jun 28, 2004

SOWING SEEDS
OF MISERY SINCE 1937
FRYING LIKE A FRITO
IN THE SKILLET
OF HADES
SINCE 1975

Tuesday Morning posted:

Here's the reason for my 'gently caress phenazepam' comment.

I was gone when he died. I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive myself for the guilt I feel for being gone when he died.
I was gone because he had scared me with how out of it he was the days before. I was just going to let him ride this one out on his own and ... I don't know. But I was gone.

That Wednesday night, he hallucinated for two hours. Severe, complete, unmistakable hallucinations. Then he fell asleep. He didn't remember anything Thursday morning. I asked him what he had taken and he said phenazepam, but only one milligram (I think he said milligram). I left him to do his work like he had been doing from home. Later in the afternoon I took the boys to karate. When I came home, he was dressed and waiting for me to give him the car keys.

[...]

I know it's not my fault but god dammit, god dammit, god dammit. gently caress phenazepam. gently caress escapism. gently caress everything.
gently caress you, Michael, for doing this to us. gently caress it all. God dammit.

edit: One comfort I have is that all his actions were the result of the phenazepam and not him. He would never have acted like this normally. Another small comfort is that he probably didn't remember 90% of any of this and so ... I don't know, I don't feel like the last three days of his life counted in our relationship. No last words of anger, no arguments, no nothing. The last three days were wiped clean and we ended on a good note, not this horribly lovely one. I'll take all the comfort I can hold onto.

That's a horrific story. I've known plenty of people who've died over the years. For some reason this account really gets to me. Thank you for sharing. Some people here need to read this.

To think that phenazepam isn't even a controlled substance just baffles me.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

Beaters posted:

To think that phenazepam isn't even a controlled substance just baffles me.

Over here in Croatia, all amphetamines were perfectly legal until 2007 (yes, that includes crystal loving meth) which made no sense. Then ALL amphetamines were outlawed, including perscription meds such as Ritalin (which also makes no sense). Croatia is a touristy-as-gently caress place so if you're using Ritalin or other ADHD meds you've gotta be careful if you plan on traveling to Croatia and spending the holidays here.
I find it mind-boggling that a powerful substance such as Phenazepam is legal in the states... due to a legal loophole. I know stoners can't shut up about a harmless substance like weed being illegal, while a benzo-class drug is a-okay. It just doesn't make sense.

Tuesday morning, I think you can find a small solace in knowing that your husband just dozed off and never woke up. It was a relatively painless way to go. :smith:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I kind of thing encouraging phenazepam use is even worse than glorifying drunk driving. This is such a scary story. Please, nobody ever buy this poo poo again. For real. This guy was a good man and clearly was simply taken over by this drug and it took him. I cannot even begin to reconcile the poster with that story, though I didn't really know him or anything. That just sounds like an alien in control of his body or something....

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I was amazed when you said he nodded out and died in a hot car after one pill, especially being that he wasn't new to the script. With the phenazepam in the picture there is no more mystery, he just straight up overdosed. I'm very sorry for your loss. I guarantee you he wasn't in any state to know what he was doing the last few days.

It's extraordinary how well someone can seem to function in a heavy duty phenazepam blackout, superficially at least. Phenazepam intoxication apparently needs a typing test.

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

You're not at fault for what happened. Based on that account, you tried your best--Anyone's best, really.

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003
I'm sorry for your loss. I used to chat with tdj wayyy back in the day. Sad day.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Very sorry for your loss.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Phenazepam claims another life. gently caress that poo poo. Sorry for your loss.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

gently caress all benzos, but especially phenazepam.

My condolences.

Silber
Feb 28, 2008

relax, enjoy
Its not confusing to anyone in TCC how the opinion over the past few years on phenazepam has evolved from 'hey guys look at this great RC benzo from the now defunct soviet union we can order it on the internet it has this crazy long half life' to 'ha ha ha look how everyone is doing dumb things on this' to 'yeah this is the worst thing ever.'

The kind of psychosis this can induce is similar to what you would see with long term meth users. This stuff is really, really dangerous. Some say that they can use it to self-medicate, consider the fact that the doctor in Tuesday Morning's post as well as literally every health care professional I have ever asked have never heard of phenazepam gives you the idea of how likely they are to prescribe it to you.

This is why we don't have a phenazepam thread anymore, because the old one was a dichotomy between hilarious and borderline glorification. In reality there isn't much to say, its an some old soviet benzo that no western doctor would ever prescribe, it had a brief renaissance on internet drug forums and its ruined some people's lives and taken some people's loved ones. There is no rich and storied history to discuss, the thing isn't even scheduled. Its just a sorry blip in drug history and while I wasn't around for the old thread I'm sorry if anyone ever got it in their head that it might be a good idea to try from reading this forum. If this isn't any sort of deterrent for you I don't know what to tell you.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Encouraging phenazepam use is even worse than glorifying intoxicated driving.

Downtown Abey
Feb 14, 2002

5-meo-catte
Apr 23, 2012

caffeine
you're all that I wanted in a girl
you're all that I need in the world

Silber posted:

Some say that they can use it to self-medicate, consider the fact that the doctor in Tuesday Morning's post as well as literally every health care professional I have ever asked have never heard of phenazepam gives you the idea of how likely they are to prescribe it to you.

I self-medicated with it just fine for 2+ years, and the lovely downsides were exactly the same as any other lovely sedative-hypnotic. If Flutoprazepam or Clonazepam powder had somehow flooded the RC market in the same way, it would have caused the same set of problems. There's nothing magical or evil about phenazepam, it's just a typical long-acting potent benzo agonist.

As of a couple years ago, I read that a major pharmaceutical company was considering trying to get a phenazepam formulation (a patch, IIRC) through the FDA approval machinery, but I don't know if that went anywhere.

Tuesday Morning
Apr 20, 2004

And the surprises just keep rolling in.

I was going through his medications (that I swept into a box when friends came to clean my house) and discovered round yellow pills with hearts on 'em. Yes, I looked them up. Welp.

And there's some powder of a similar nature in ... well, in a place in my house, and it's rumored that there are six stamps of ... stuff ... someplace else in the house but I'll be damned if I can find 'em. (That's the stuff I want to find more than anything.)

Sad side effect of losing him - I have no idea of the dosages of any of this stuff and don't plan on experimenting with it. /sigh

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pretty sure a yellow pill with a heart on it is aspirin. (though I guess that could be an MDMA brand too or something)

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

probation.spengler posted:

I self-medicated with it just fine for 2+ years, and the lovely downsides were exactly the same as any other lovely sedative-hypnotic. If Flutoprazepam or Clonazepam powder had somehow flooded the RC market in the same way, it would have caused the same set of problems. There's nothing magical or evil about phenazepam, it's just a typical long-acting potent benzo agonist.

Eh I dunno, I think the benzo urge to blindly take more benzos without even really thinking about it combined with the super long half life makes it worse than if suddenly a lot of clonazepam floating around. Seems like it would be a lot easier for people to get into trouble with it accidentally.

Silber
Feb 28, 2008

relax, enjoy

Warchicken posted:

Pretty sure a yellow pill with a heart on it is aspirin. (though I guess that could be an MDMA brand too or something)

http://www.drugs.com/imprints/heart-11363.html

Probably. We usually don't like to just ID pills based on sight around here. If you don't know what a pill is, don't use it.

Note: If this isn't clear enough that you should not take anything that you don't know what it is and that its retarded to ask people on the internet to ID a substance so you can consume it I do not know what else to tell you.

Tuesday Morning
Apr 20, 2004

Silber posted:

If you don't know what a pill is, don't use it.

The way this was secretly packaged I don't think it's aspirin but I am not going to find out. I'm just ... I'm loath to dump anything at this point so I'll just stick it someplace and worry about it later.

sneakymango
Apr 28, 2004

BLAMMO

Tuesday Morning posted:

The way this was secretly packaged I don't think it's aspirin but I am not going to find out. I'm just ... I'm loath to dump anything at this point so I'll just stick it someplace and worry about it later.

The only way this story could get worse is if you start doing his drugs and something else happens to you and/or your kids. You sound like you're doing an amazing job of keeping your poo poo together despite incredible stress and trauma, it will only get easier from here on out. Don't do drugs!

weird to be on the other side of that....

snotball007
Dec 5, 2011

Disturbing in the least.

sneakymango posted:

The only way this story could get worse is if you start doing his drugs and something else happens to you and/or your kids. You sound like you're doing an amazing job of keeping your poo poo together despite incredible stress and trauma, it will only get easier from here on out. Don't do drugs!

weird to be on the other side of that....

Basically, instead of "Don't do drugs!" I say follow a more positive route and keep your support network strong. Friends and family that truly care about you and the kids are what you need at this point. Spend as much time with them and keep in contact as much as possible. This cannot be an easy time for anyone, but I think I speak for every goon around here and say we wish you and your family the best in this terrible time.

clay_
Apr 2, 2013

Longanimitas posted:

Do you feel better now?

I doubt it, do you?

snotball007 posted:

Basically, instead of "Don't do drugs!" I say follow a more positive route and keep your support network strong.

Not particularly good advice, but what do I know? I have a negative post count!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Albicorp
Apr 16, 2013

Total Sociopath.
I am so sorry for your loss. I actually ordered 1,000mg Phenazepam last month but a few hours later cancelled the payment because of all the horror stories I had heard of it. People going completely insane, psychotic, blacking out for weeks at a time, etc.

Reading this thread has been a huge eye-opener and I am very thankful that I cancelled that order. I don't understand how a Benzodiazepine of this strength with that long of a half-life is still legal.

I wish you the best of luck in recovering from this. Benzos will destroy your life.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

doo dee doo dmt, lsd doo dmt, lsd doo dmt...
Im sorry for your loss :(

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

clay_ posted:

I doubt it, do you?

Not particularly good advice, but what do I know? I have a negative post count!

Dude, is this really the place? Have some respect.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Tuesday Morning posted:

Some european countries offer lab analysis of drugs. Does the US have similar programs? Also sorry for your loss.

Albicorp
Apr 16, 2013

Total Sociopath.

midnightclimax posted:

Some european countries offer lab analysis of drugs. Does the US have similar programs? Also sorry for your loss.

I`m 90% sure that the US offers these services as well.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Dancesafe and Erowid have partnered with a lab to do anonymous testing of samples in the states.

Albicorp
Apr 16, 2013

Total Sociopath.
What do you guys think the chance of the US and Canadian government actually banning Phenazepam.. I would have though they would have already done this by now.

Tuesday Morning
Apr 20, 2004

thelightguy posted:

Dancesafe and Erowid have partnered with a lab to do anonymous testing of samples in the states.

This is a good bit of information.

I'm a little more coherent this week. It comes and goes.
It's a series of ups and downs whose end result I can't change, so it is both zen and frustrating, depending on how I take the day.

I'm glad this has potentially helped some people. If it saves even one life, saves one family from this kind of thing, then it was worth it to put it all down in words.

This thread is part of my support network; this is the only place I've posted the real story and the only place I've been free to vent my spleen about what really happened. Everywhere else I'm just a grieving widow; here I'm actually able to come clean about why I wasn't there and how it all went down. So, thanks for that. I don't want to tarnish his reputation elsewhere or allow people to make assumptions, you know? They already did when I made my initial post on facebook - people assumed it was an overdose, or suicide, or whatever, because he was on so many painkillers. I had to set the record straight when I was thinking more clearly.

Still pending toxicology. So long as they don't consider it an intentional death, I'll take whatever their answer is. The worry I have is that they consider something like a drunk driving fatality a suicide and I don't know what other drugs he had in his system that they might find that could throw him into the same category. I'm not sure he had a scrip for benzos either, which could end poorly. The vial was labeled, too, so ... sigh.

Silber
Feb 28, 2008

relax, enjoy

thelightguy posted:

http://www.ecstasydata.org/

Yeah, here are some results. If you must use MDMA, for the love of God test it with a kit from dancesafe or something else relatively reputable. This isn't like the ridiculous, hokey rumors that dealers cut marijuana with methamphetamine. It goes beyond running a risk of ingesting something other than MDMA, these test results send a pretty clear message that: if you use MDMA with regularity you are statistically guaranteed to ingest other substances. Most likely MDMA analogues or methamphetamine.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

with ecstasy you're honestly lucky to find pills that have even an active amount of mdma. It's seriously all amphetamines, piperizines, and cathinones unless you get really lucky. Maybe not cathinones now, but they're probably still around.

If you don't use a testing kit (i never did) you're seriously exposing yourself to some health risks.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wouldn't be surprised if large doses of Nbomes(which have only an 8% oral bioavialability or so) or something were in pills, since those can be rolly. People will do anything to make money and will sell anything as molly sometimes. Off the top of my head, substances which could be sold as molly but shouldn't be:

5-meo-mipt
ethylphenidate
methlyphenidate
methamphetamine
amphetamine
25x-nbome(probably not but it's not impossible)
2c-*
~*BATH SALTS*~(cathinone and cathinone subs)

Of course, prohibition is really to blame for this. None of those substances are truly dangerous(except bath salts and arguably meth) if taken responsibly, but if taken at unknown dosage when expecting a different substance? Better believe it. One of the things making this worse is that MDMA is very, very dense, and a lot of the above mentioned RC's are not. For instance, my gram of 4-aco-dmt looks like fuckin' 10 grams of MDMA. This makes it a lot easier to sub them out as the smaller amount of the RC will still be quite potent and will 'look' vaguely correct.

Or you could get sold sugar or whatever. Who knows! Thanks, drug war!

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
USSR produced some really vile substances.

For example, everyone knows that during the Stalin era political dissidents were rounded up and carted off to Siberia to die eating tree bark and their own poo poo. It is less known what was done after Stalin.
So if you were caught by the police doing ostensibly anti-state activities, you were examined by the state physician who would proclaim you insane - because communism is such an awesome state model that only CRAZY people would work against it, right? You would be forcibly hospitalized and fed benzos (hint hint, phenazepam) until you would go psychotic, and THEN they would "cure" you with extremely high dosages of Fluphenazine. The net result is that you'd become a jittery zombie from akathisia which would warant a permanent stay at the hospital, because holy poo poo man, just look at yourself. This was done way into the 80's.

I have a personal account with these hospitals, called "psikhushka". Back in 2006 I was hospitalized in an ominous, 19th century psychiatric hospital due to heavy Bromazepam addiction, and the doctor - I'm using the term rather loosely - hopped me up first on a shitload of Sulpiride and, ta-dah, Fluphenazine. I hightailed it outta there the moment I could think straight.

So yeah, more people should be aware of this poo poo. Phenazepam had its place in the sun in the 20th century, but now we have so many better, safer drugs which render Phenazepam obsolete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
My condolences to you and yours during this difficult time.