Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
salisbury shake
Dec 27, 2011

Albicorp posted:

One thing I don't understand about Phenazepams half-life danger is that Diazepam has a longer half-life and is widely prescribed as a miracle drug. Is it solely due to the fact that Phenazepam has very powerful hypnotic, sedative and amnesiac effects that Diazepam doesn't have?

Diazepam is dispensed in accurately measured doses and rationed only to last your till your next monthly prescription. Phenazepam comes as a pure powder in the order of thousands of doses per gram. Expecting people to reliably dose out 0.25mg/0.5mg of phenazepam, and only once a week to prevent stacking, would be laughable if it wasn't so tragic.

Way back when I made a solution of 0.75mg/mL phenazepam/isopropyl alcohol solution. The dilution was on one hand to make sure I could accurately dose to the 0.1mg with metered syringe, on the other a deterrent because gently caress if I'm going to ever drink IPA. It was such a pain in the rear end to wait for the IPA to evaporate that I eventually just flushed the solution. I think I dosed maybe four times in the course of a year.

This was all motivated by the disasters unfolding by less cautious phen users, I doubt that everyone ordering phen has the same context of appreciation for it's ability to wreck you nor the prior knowledge that volumetric dosing it the only way to play the phen game (teh most dangerous game).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scald
May 5, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 years!

Albicorp posted:

One thing I don't understand about Phenazepams half-life danger is that Diazepam has a longer half-life and is widely prescribed as a miracle drug. Is it solely due to the fact that Phenazepam has very powerful hypnotic, sedative and amnesiac effects that Diazepam doesn't have?

There's a lot more to go around when it comes to phenazepam, it's nothing specific to the chemical itself though, I had serious issues when I came across a steady supply of clonazepam for a few months.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Diazepam is a lot less potent on a mg basis than is phenazepam.

Shivadas Glass
Dec 8, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The forum which informed your husband on how to procure dangerous Soviet anticonvulsants sends its deepest regards concerning the resultant death spiral

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shivadas Glass posted:

The forum which informed your husband on how to procure dangerous Soviet anticonvulsants sends its deepest regards concerning the resultant death spiral

Yes, we do, the way we'd send deepest regards to a gun forum poster who died of an accident or a car forum poster who died in a car accident. We are aware of the risks we take on and we are very clear about them. Very few people advocate the use of phenazepam, especially on this forum. You are just trying to impress some people on the Internet by saying upsetting things to a recent widow. You can think you're as ironic as you want but that's still what you're doing. Have some decency.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Shivadas Glass posted:

this'll get me mad ecred with my fyad bros :smug:

gently caress you and die(lol get it it's ironic) in a loving fire human being

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What the gently caress is wrong with people. This woman lost her husband. Her children lost their father. Show some respect.

Silber
Feb 28, 2008

relax, enjoy
When I was considering whether or not I should have allowed this thread I'd be lying if I said I didn't consider the FYAD bodycount I'd predictably be able to rack up from it.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

Warchicken posted:

Yes, we do, the way we'd send deepest regards to a gun forum poster who died of an accident or a car forum poster who died in a car accident. We are aware of the risks we take on and we are very clear about them. Very few people advocate the use of phenazepam, especially on this forum. You are just trying to impress some people on the Internet by saying upsetting things to a recent widow. You can think you're as ironic as you want but that's still what you're doing. Have some decency.

Here's the difference tho: Guns and cars aren't illegal (yet)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So if someone dies doing something illegal we shouldn't feel any remorse? We should just all pile on a mans widow with sarcastic posts? How do you even justify something like that in your mind?

I hope you get electrocuted while downloading a torrent so I can use all these witty one liners I have written.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

RCarr posted:

So if someone dies doing something illegal we shouldn't feel any remorse? We should just all pile on a mans widow with sarcastic posts? How do you even justify something like that in your mind?

I certainly do not have any ill will towards the death of people. I am merely asking if the forum existence is at fault.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

RCarr posted:

I hope you get electrocuted while downloading a torrent so I can use all these witty one liners I have written.

I'm sorry what???

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You are justifying the people who are coming in here and making GBS threads up the thread by purposely writing mean things to a dead man's widow. And your reasoning is "He did something illegal" I don't even know what would make you want to defend that position.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

Paleo Twisty posted:

I certainly do not have any ill will towards the death of people. I am merely asking if the forum existence is at fault.

People who want to do drugs will do drugs. The fact that there's a place like this to get safety advice will help far more than it will harm. Indeed, like has been pointed out in the thread, the drug that killed thatdamnjew is generally discouraged on this forum anyway.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

RCarr posted:

You are justifying the people who are coming in here and making GBS threads up the thread by purposely writing mean things to a dead man's widow. And your reasoning is "He did something illegal" I don't even know what would make you want to defend that position.

I can only represent myself. I am sad to hear of the loss of life that has occured and pain it has caused with those left behind. I am merely asking what could have been done differently on this online forum to prevent another tragedy from occurring again.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Baby Sathanas posted:

People who want to do drugs will do drugs. The fact that there's a place like this to get safety advice will help far more than it will harm. Indeed, like has been pointed out in the thread, the drug that killed thatdamnjew is generally discouraged on this forum anyway.

People will do drugs, but is it against forum rules for anyone to recommend the usage of the aforementioned drug? If not, it should be. I think this forum has a difference role then other forums, while other activities are dangerous, but only this forum recommends the usage of mind altering substances.

Shivadas Glass
Dec 8, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Warchicken posted:

actually im deriving salient, overarching points revealing this thread as the terrible palliative practice of goons advocating a social circle which rationalizes the destruction of its own members. This thread isn't at all for the widow and implying so is rather mendacious and certainly an insult to the family and children who had no idea that daddy was being goaded into railing petrochemical byproducts by a circle of selfcongratulating mopes intent on securing an audience for their increasingly pathetic stories of self implosion

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Shivadas Glass posted:

This thread isn't at all for the widow

You mean this thread that the widow started herself with mod approval so she could get some closure on the issue? The thread she later posted in, thanking the people who weren't assholes (like you) for the comfort that she got? Or are you speaking about a different thread? I'm embarrassed I ever spent money on your website. I had no idea what a dick you were.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

RCarr posted:

You mean this thread that the widow started herself with mod approval so she could get some closure on the issue? The thread she later posted in, thanking the people who weren't assholes (like you) for the comfort that she got? Or are you speaking about a different thread? I'm embarrassed I ever spent money on your website. I had no idea what a dick you were.

That's not actually Shivadas, man.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Oh. Good to know. My mistake. I'll try to lay off and not be so defensive. I just feel bad for Tuesday Morning, she doesn't deserve assholes making things worse for her at an extremely hard point in her life.

vv I don't know what you're trying to do but I'm done arguing with you. Good luck trolling widows. vv

Shivadas Glass
Dec 8, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

RCarr posted:

actually wouldnt the rear end in a top hat thing to do be using this social experience to cement the very routes and roads that lead to tragedy for his loved ones?

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Paleo Twisty posted:

People will do drugs, but is it against forum rules for anyone to recommend the usage of the aforementioned drug? If not, it should be. I think this forum has a difference role then other forums, while other activities are dangerous, but only this forum recommends the usage of mind altering substances.

I'm not sure about how many times things are out-and-out recommended. The risks and side-effects are usually discussed openly. That said there are a few times when someone will wax lyrical about how amazing something is and completely ignore any potential problems, which isn't great.

This thread is a good example of someone going "Everyone try this drug it's so good oh my god" and most of the rest of the thread saying "Dude that poo poo will gently caress you up, here's how." Which is definitely how it should be.

RCarr posted:

Oh. Good to know. My mistake. I'll try to lay off and not be so defensive. I just feel bad for Tuesday Morning, she doesn't deserve assholes making things worse for her at an extremely hard point in her life.

On the other hand it could also act as a catalyst for a discussion about the general content of this forum. By and large, I think this forum is very useful, but perhaps sometimes the general tone could be a little less :toot::iamafag:, you know?

Shivadas Glass
Dec 8, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
i always found mild entertainment in the recollection of his experience with dissociative drugs that we encouraged him to ingest, the ones which eventually led him down into the dark emotional chasm that took his life. I hope that makes up for some of the void in his children's life that can never be filled and that we as a community are implicated in creating. Condolences! :cheers::mcnabb::obama:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Free people have free will, therefore to imply this forum is at fault for the choices of it's members is stupid.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Baby Sathanas posted:

By and large, I think this forum is very useful, but perhaps sometimes the general tone could be a little less :toot::iamafag:, you know?

Yeah I definitely agree. I've done several drugs in my life and I would never recommend them to people who have never tried them. I will however, try to help people who are already doing drugs, by giving them any knowledge or insight I have learned, in hopes of helping them be safe. It's not too often you see people in TCC just blindly advocating the use of <insert drug here>. When it does happen, it's pretty much shot down and frowned upon like you said.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
if people arent going to talk about doing drugs on this forum there going to talk about doing drugs on other forums. personally, it doesnt really matter to me/i dont feel like im responsible for these people. the jew guy specifically sounded longggggggg gone. and i like to read the threads about crazy drugs. in conclusion, who cares.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Baby Sathanas posted:

I'm not sure about how many times things are out-and-out recommended. The risks and side-effects are usually discussed openly. That said there are a few times when someone will wax lyrical about how amazing something is and completely ignore any potential problems, which isn't great.

This thread is a good example of someone going "Everyone try this drug it's so good oh my god" and most of the rest of the thread saying "Dude that poo poo will gently caress you up, here's how." Which is definitely how it should be.

On the other hand it could also act as a catalyst for a discussion about the general content of this forum. By and large, I think this forum is very useful, but perhaps sometimes the general tone could be a little less :toot::iamafag:, you know?

I think when a user says "I don't care about dying" when referring to drug usage, there should be some red flags. There should be some probation time dealt out for that. This thread clearly illustrates as to why.

Shivadas Glass
Dec 8, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Anime Sandwich posted:

if people arent going to talk about doing drugs on this forum there going to talk about doing drugs on other forums. personally, it doesnt really matter to me/i dont feel like im responsible for these people. the jew guy specifically sounded longggggggg gone. and i like to read the threads about crazy drugs. in conclusion, who cares.

fairly cool and informative look into the healthy and supportive attitude that tcc and its constiuent authorities tolerate and condone that definitely didnt contribute to these children now being fatherless

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Shivadas Glass posted:

fairly cool and informative look into the healthy and supportive attitude that tcc and its constiuent authorities tolerate and condone that definitely didnt contribute to these children now being fatherless

i thought about it for a second, and your right. i only like reading tcc because seeing all these people do these crazy things was funny to me, but then i thought about how this guys kids were dead, and my mind changed.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Paleo Twisty posted:

I think when a user says "I don't care about dying" when referring to drug usage, there should be some red flags. There should be some probation time dealt out for that. This thread clearly illustrates as to why.

Yeah you're right there, being intentionally self-destructive is not cool at all. I've been there and the worst thing is people telling you how to be less lovely to yourself as opposed to just telling you to stop being a loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

Shifty Nipples posted:

Free people have free will, therefore to imply this forum is at fault for the choices of it's members is stupid.

These people are not making decisions in a vacuum. Most people, even people a few steps shy of being what we might consider "reasonable people," would err on the side of caution and choose not to ingest a weird research chemical about which they know nothing. When quasi-reasonable people go online and read a bunch of subjective trip reports from other users, they come away with the illusion that they have done their due diligence when in fact they are playing (pardon the pun) russian roulette with their health/life, irrespective of what they might have read on an internet forum.