Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

Darkhold posted:

Where's all these super awesome updates that were supposed to hit? Or were those pretty average updates supposed to be it?
Personally, I was just happy for the quick glimpse at the white box test level that Mike shared in the TwitchTV stream. I just wanted to see something that indicated tangible progress and that did it for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Darkhold posted:

Well at this rate there's no way Environmental Destruction isn't going to be in. With the accelerated pace of the last few days £500K with more factions is quite reasonable. Anything more would take a miracle though.

I think you're reading that wrong. Environmental destruction is at £440k, which is well within reach given the funding levels of the past few days.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Great Rumbler posted:

I think you're reading that wrong. Environmental destruction is at £440k, which is well within reach given the funding levels of the past few days.

I'd say you read his post wrong. He was saying that it was absolutely going to happen at this rate. At least, that's what I think he said.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
Stop using double negatives, Darkhold!!

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Great Rumbler posted:

Stop using double negatives, Darkhold!!
Double negatives are ok in certain circumstances. This has been a part of English since at least 1762.

It's also ok when you're hurriedly typing a post while playing Peek-A-Boo with a 16 month old. :D

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Darkhold posted:

Double negatives are ok in certain circumstances.

Agreed, double negative are never not ok.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
Well, I can't disagree with that.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
loving katanas! I was loving the Assassin's design with the machete until I saw he had his glorious nipponese blade. I hope his melee attacks aren't regulated to just using it since I want him to be a primary stealthy and stabby guy.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Syndicate Wars was full of glorious nipponese stuff. I don't know why this little bit sets you off.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Angryboot posted:

Syndicate Wars was full of glorious nipponese stuff. I don't know why this little bit sets you off.

Just tired of seeing the katana all over the place is all. Dude's already wearing a trench coat. All he needs is sunglasses and a long pony tail and he'd be THAT GUY from every single crappy RPG I've been in set in a modern setting.

Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Just tired of seeing the katana all over the place is all. Dude's already wearing a trench coat. All he needs is sunglasses and a long pony tail and he'd be THAT GUY from every single crappy RPG I've been in set in a modern setting.
While I am also tired of "that guy" I have to disagree that the concept art really looks that close to what you are describing. It looks to me more like a parkour Tricky with electronics and blades. Overall pretty cool.

http://www.brentwaller.com/satellitereign/MeetTheAssassin.jpg

Also since you can use whatever bodies you find and it sounds like you can customize each agent somewhat, it really would be up to the player to make it look like "that guy."

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

That's not a katana, that's a loving broadsword.

Katanas are curved with round guards, broadswords are straight-bladed and cruciform handguards:spergin:

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
It's a future katana, they are allowed to make some changes. Probably doubles as a emergency wifu-love pillow when out on long term assignment.

Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

This just in: The first stretch goal has been achieved. Composer Russell Shaw will now be on board!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Shaw_(composer)

Next goal: Localization

Gooble Rampling fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 25, 2013

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Gooble Rampling posted:

like a parkour Tricky

Thread validated. Also beginning of new kickstarter campaign sighted.

Glad to see everything going well at the end. Given how well shadowrun is being received, that irrationally gets my hopes up for this to come through. And always remember, the man made MF Startopia.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Gooble Rampling posted:

While I am also tired of "that guy" I have to disagree that the concept art really looks that close to what you are describing. It looks to me more like a parkour Tricky with electronics and blades. Overall pretty cool.

http://www.brentwaller.com/satellitereign/MeetTheAssassin.jpg

Also since you can use whatever bodies you find and it sounds like you can customize each agent somewhat, it really would be up to the player to make it look like "that guy."

More like futuristic witcher - three weapons, only chest leather-like armor with bunch of pouches and belts on it

Pyromancer fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 25, 2013

Paper Mac
Mar 2, 2007

lives in a paper shack
Is it just me or is this design substantially more ambitious than something like Shadowrun Returns and supposed to be executed with a third of the money?

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.

Paper Mac posted:

Is it just me or is this design substantially more ambitious than something like Shadowrun Returns and supposed to be executed with a third of the money?

It does, indeed, look ambitious but isn't there going to be a lot less focus on story/RPG elements in Reign?

Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

Leb posted:

It does, indeed, look ambitious but isn't there going to be a lot less focus on story/RPG elements in Reign?

Yes, they are focused mostly on getting the systems right. The story will be minimal much like the old Syndicate games. If they get to that stretch goal for the writer guy to come on board then it might be a fuller story but even then this type of game is essentially playing in a fun little sandbox with your trench coat clad toy soldiers.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I really hope they phone up inXile and Obsidian as Obsidian said they received a lot of Unity tips from inXile that really helped them along. InXile seems to really want to help other kickstarters and should be willing to pass along the same tips to Satellite Reign.

That alone should save them time and money.

Shadowrun really suffered being the first major Unity kickstarter and I believe their attempts to make it for tablet and PC must have hurt them a bit.

Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

Oh, pretty...

Check out this screen shot of a test they are doing with a per-pixel reflection shader that they are looking at using.

Gooble Rampling fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 26, 2013

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Those Resistors, making me want to share my profits. :freep:

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Think you might want to timg that image.

Well weekends always have a slowdown so it's bad timing (which they admitted to) that it will end on a weekend. Still on track for £440k environmental destruction. It's strange that this has become the goal I'm so focused on. It's not something I really care about. I guess it's the one that's most within reach but has a chance of missing. Really the 500k one is the one which would add the most to the game I feel.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 26, 2013

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
This is looking really cool. It is a shame it doesnt seem the higher kickstarter unlocks are going to be hit. Oh well. Maybe it will do well enough post release for some major updates or dlc.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Is that MikeD's mug on that sign there in front of Ultraviolet Optics?

Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

Well, they made the Localization stretch goal of 400k. The next one that everyone is clamoring for is Environmental Destruction (building leveling, etc.) at 440k. I am doubtful that they'll make that by Sunday but I could be wrong. I almost hope they don't make it so they aren't spread too thin on feature creep.

epmode
Feb 11, 2008

Gooble Rampling posted:

Well, they made the Localization stretch goal of 400k. The next one that everyone is clamoring for is Environmental Destruction (building leveling, etc.) at 440k. I am doubtful that they'll make that by Sunday but I could be wrong. I almost hope they don't make it so they aren't spread too thin on feature creep.

I'd be very surprised if they don't get 440k. The last two days of big projects are almost always huge.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Gooble Rampling posted:

They made more than 50k is the previous two days, the last two days are likely to be even bigger than that.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Looking briefly at the Kickstarter information, this is looking cool, but I'm not quite convinced to drop in any funding yet. It was mostly the "[...]use propaganda to influence the citizens of the city and overthrow the controlling powers" line that got me interested; So on a scale from "not at all" to "yes that is exactly it", how much is this going to be like a futuristic action RTS Liberal Crime Squad?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Alright update time. Considering how fast and furious they were with the updates a few weeks ago it's a little surprising how quiet they've gotten for the last few days.

Reflections alot of technical talk over the video so that's good if you're into that. If you're a big dummy like me though just look at the pretty pictures while his voice soothes you to sleep.

Also a live twitch TV stream in for the final two hours of the kickstarter. They forgot to include a link though. Should be Here

Edit: Misread the email in my haste to post the news. Corrected sorry about that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Darkhold fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 27, 2013

Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

Thanks for sharing that, Darkhold. I was up until 2am EST last night and still missed the video. Funny side effect of following a team in Australia.

Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

Darkhold posted:

Also a live twitch TV stream in two hours. They forgot to include a link though. Should be Here

Just to clarify, the TwitchTV stream is going to be during the last two hours of the Kickstarter countdown, not two hours from when they made that update.

Cstar
Aug 17, 2006
I've no way of knowing what whims I might have!
Destructible environment stretch goal reached! :toot:

Also included a video of (some of) the augmentations.

Full update here

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Well the final twelve hours have started and apparently with the paypal totals we're over the Environmental Destruction Stretch goals so there's that.

Still feel like they've utterly misunderstood add-on pledges as they still are not offering the novellas or the artbook as separate items though you can add your name to the NPC pool or something now :psyduck:

I really hope these guys are better at making games then running kickstarters.

New video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4r-SqhLt0s showing them 'augmenting' an agent. Haven't fully watched it yet but it looks fairly decent.

Edit: beaten :argh:

Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

Cool. You guys are hitting these updates before I even wake up. That augmentation video looks slick.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I really hope they leave the PayPal open for quite a while. I'd love to see both new faction stretch goals.

Cstar
Aug 17, 2006
I've no way of knowing what whims I might have!

Overflight posted:

I really hope they leave the PayPal open for quite a while. I'd love to see both new faction stretch goals.
It does look like it. The kickstarter finished at £461,333 and Paypal is now at £12,509.. Hitting the £500k goal seems plausible, atleast.

e: Confirmed in the latest update:

quote:

At the time of writing the combined Kickstarter and PayPal total was £474,755.50, just over £25,000 short of the fourth stretch goal, which I'm sure we will reach in the coming months via PayPal.
We plan to continue the PayPal backing option on our site indefinitely
Emphasis mine.

Cstar fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 29, 2013

Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

Just to keep the thread alive, here's some more news.

The latest word is that they have been scouting cheap office locations and acquiring some assets from their former employers while waiting for the actual Kickstarter funds to be transferred. They should be up and running with a proper update soon. I imagine they will have a post with some images of the office space, etc.

Gooble Rampling
Jan 30, 2004

Still very quiet from the team, but they recently made a comment on the Kickstarter page to keep people up to date.

5 Lives Studios posted:

Hi Everyone
So we have been a bit quiet recently, we have been sorting out legals, accountants, offices, PCs and software licenses and generally trying to get everything as cheap as possible.
We have signed a lease on an office and should be in Monday, we actually hoped this would be a lot earlier than this but the need for decent internet so we can do things like live twitch steams restricted us quite a bit, but we managed to find a place with really good internet, and more importantly a shower for me (nobody would want to sit next to me after I cycle 20 km into work in the Brisbane 30C+ heat of summer)
In other good news the GBP to AU exchange rate has moved a bit in our favour so we actually have a little more money than expected also the drop out rate was fairly low on the pledges, so all good things..
On the bad side it will probably be a couple of weeks before the sloth like internet industry manages to enable our internet connection at the office, so our online presence is going to be pretty minimal until we can open the flood gates of our 100 Mbit fiber internet connection.
.MikeD
p.s Chris still has his beard.
p.p.s We READ everything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mug
Apr 26, 2005
I chatted to one of the devs today and they're just doing all the really boring legal poo poo, pretty much as that update implies.

Once they have an office I'm gonna go make a nuisance of myself there.

• Locked thread