Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atal
Aug 13, 2006

burning down the house
I'm actually pretty interested in Empire (and so are two of my equally nerdy friends) but I'm a bit overwhelmed with what to do next. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atal
Aug 13, 2006

burning down the house
Bah, I could have gone to the Empire on the 26th but I'm not gonna have time to make a costume before then - sad times.

e: screw it, does anyone have a link to the FB travel group?

atal fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 11, 2013

atal
Aug 13, 2006

burning down the house
Thanks! Realistically I'll go as whatever I can source a costume for in two weeks - I'm not sure if I could just turn up and be an NPC with rented gear but I'd be up for that. Do you have PM's? I don't want to poo poo up the thread.

Basically it looks to be an awesome setup. The Orc background appeals and they seem to be quite close-knit but having looked into the various groups they also seem to be pretty hardcore about costuming/make up and I'm not sure I want that kind of mess.

atal
Aug 13, 2006

burning down the house
Thanks guys - I've sent an email to the Empire Crew email addy telling them what I'm most interested in - I guess I'll hear back from them next week. I think it will just be fun being a nerd and knowing that I'm helping vastly more nerds have a fun weekend. Also, as mentioned it will be a good way to get a good feel for Empire and LARP in general.

As an aside, goddamn some of those weapons look amazing - what are the fights like? I imagine it's all very fast and 'whippy' with everything being so light. Do people ever sort of slow things down to give a more 'realistic' feel?

atal
Aug 13, 2006

burning down the house
Officially signed up as crew for the next Empire :getin:

Anyone here planing to do NPCing/Skirmishing at the next event?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atal
Aug 13, 2006

burning down the house

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Bumping this thread because the first Empire event of the year is next week. I'm planning to spend the weekend drunk or fighting or fighting drunk as usual, any goons confirmed?

I'll be there - do you have Plat?

• Locked thread