Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Dammit, can't believe I only just found this thread.

Anyone here do the Lorien Trust? I've been a regular there for about 8 years or so, currently based in the Harts and forging myself a globe-spanning empire of brothels and whorehouses..

Major shout-out for the Vale (http://majesticoaklrp.co.uk/vale/index.php) for any UK LARPers- seriously, give this system a try. I went to the first event a few weeks ago and despite appalling weather it really was one of the most intense LARP experiences I've ever had. It's a full PVP resource-control game between two camps- one of humans, elves and beastkin and one of greesnkins, undead and.. well.. elves. Very high standard of kit, costume and set-dressing, call-based firearms using cap-guns (I was playing a musketeer and had a blast in every sense), a 170 acre fully live site to play on (with no restrictions- one guy surfed down a crazy high embankment on his shield to get into a fight 50 metres away) and an atmosphere like no other game ever. The next event is this weekend, and bookings are still open- please do give it a try if you can!

Also a shout-out for SlenderLARP (https://www.slenderlarp.co.uk), run by some very close friends of mine. Next event is at the end of June. It's a brilliant 24-hour time in horror investigation LARP featuring all sorts of dread creatures of the night (obviously, the Slenderman but the Rake, various demons and fae and all sorts of other weird poo poo have made appearances). It veers from high drama and absolutely terrifying horror to wonderfully pulpy sillyness (my character is current a zombie welded into poorly constructed power armour, with a grenade launcher. Another long-term PC is essentially a sardine-oil powered cyborg. Yeah.). Really worth a shot for something different. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Oh, awesome- I was in the Vipers myself up till 2012, in the 95th Foot And Mouth. Which fae are you?

I didn't know SL was running this weekend- thought it was at the end of the month? Sucks if I've messed up, as I'm actually clear. ;p

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

So endeth another Lorien Trust season- during which I managed to break my shoulder through fighting while out of my gourd on painkillers, set up a massively profitable brothel, make more money per event than I'd made in the previous eight years put together, find my other half was being semi-stalked by a combined LARPer/Furry/Sexual predator and other adventures.

Anyone here actually do the LT or is it all just Empire types? Would be great to get some goons together in the field at some point!

• Locked thread