Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

JGKing posted:

*A convoluted match ending had resulted in reigning champion Chris Jericho and challenger Chyna being recognised as co-champions. However, Wikipedia informs me that the WWE officially regards this joint-reign as a vacancy.

If this is true then it's a retcon. Both were clearly recognized as co-champions at the time on TV.

Weirdly though, WWE.com's own IC title history just mentions Jericho twice in a row and doesn't mention a vacancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

JGKing posted:

Stephanie, JR, and King have all said "No Way Out" a lot in reference to the locked cell door. It's like towards the end of a book or movie when the title is explicitly referenced for the first time.

I remember this triggering a fairly widespread meme within the IWC where people would constantly say "At No Way Out there will be no way out". It spread to others as well, like "At Backlash there will be backlash" and "At No Mercy there will be no mercy".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I never realized before that the WM2k logo makes it look like it's spelled "WFRESTLEMANIA".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

JGKing posted:

The camera shifts to the faces' dressing room, where they're WATCHING THE RADICALZ' INTERVIEW ON A MONITOR!

I wonder what the logistics of the heel locker room are like. We don't see that anymore.

"Hey, sorry man, the fans boo you so you have to change with the other dudes everyone hates."
"Aww gently caress, man. Snitsky changes in there!"
"Well you're the one who wanted to hit your best friend with a chair so you could steal his title. It's the rules."

And I assume Kane has just always changed in the boiler room, since Kane's alignment has always been 'Kane alignment'.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If I recall, Taka actually broke his face from that Rumble spot. At least a concussion, if not a dislocation. He was out for a little while after that.

[edit]\/\/\/I thought I remembered a fractured cheekbone, but that might have been something else because all I can find on it is a concussion.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Sep 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I remember liking Shane a lot more than his actual wrestling ability due to his willingness to be murdered for our enjoyment. I don't think Jeff Hardy even took bumps like Shane did.

• Locked thread