Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I'm afraid I'm confined to phone posting right now. I'm also on vacation with family for the next 2 weeks. Once I get back I'm planning on getting a new computer and getting back to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Everything you have done and anything you might do in the future is greatly appreciated.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Everything you have done and anything you might do in the future is greatly appreciated.

This times a million.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Everything you've done in the alternate timelines has been discarded though, sorry.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I'm back from vacation, and got set up with a new laptop. So let's see if we can get these going again.

edit: Aww man just realized that these are full of typos. Kinda excited to jump into this again.

Dr_Amazing fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 26, 2014

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
So excited.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm back from vacation, and got set up with a new laptop. So let's see if we can get these going again.

Thank you so much for this!

It warms my heart to see Yukari so happy :3:

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Dr_Amazing posted:

Glad to see you again, Dr. Amazing! Guess it's time for me to come back from my pseudo-vacation and help out. Looking forward to it!

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
I am absolutely giddy with excitement seeing this picked back up again!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dr Amazing living up to his name.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
So did anyone else assume that was an actual portal of some kind and not just a picture of one?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Dr_Amazing posted:

So did anyone else assume that was an actual portal of some kind and not just a picture of one?

Guilty as charged. I thought they built the ending to 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dr_Amazing posted:

I thought it was a picture or painting.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
You're the best, dude.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Just one page for now. This one almost had me tearing out my hair and I'm still not really 100% sure I got it. I think what's going on is As stated earlier by the Anthropic principle, the universe is shaped to hold the intelligence that will eventually inhabit it. I think that's getting turned so that the present consciousness is affecting the next universe that will be formed once this one collapses. There's talk of boxes within boxes. I think the idea is that the cat is alive or dead once it's observed but that an outside person observing from outside the larger box afterwards can somehow retroactively change the outcome. I assume the Gaku collective will somehow observe the entire universe as a whole, thus shaping he subsequent world into one where Yukari won't randomly die.

Extra reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imaginary_time
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros

edit:
Actually the next page was really easy so here it is

Dr_Amazing fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 28, 2014

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Holy crap. She solved Schroedenger's Cat and can use her phone while being observed, and poor Alice will never know. What she's done or why.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Awww, poor Alice she just lost the love of her live :smith:

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

If I'm not a pro reader should I wait for all the pages to finish and dr. amazing to upload it to batoto.net? Or what page does the latest chapter start on?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The first images on this page are the start of the current chapter.

VVVVVV Sorry, I'd forgotten that the pause was mid-chapter.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 28, 2014

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Was there another chapter that wasn't uploaded yet? The last thing I remember was a gun in the face cliffhanger and none of these pages have a gun in the face and those characters seem to be fine with each other now.

E: yeah the chapter started two forums pages ago with eight manga pages. That was more straight forward than I feared, I thought they'd be two every page for the last 20 or something.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Aug 28, 2014

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Krinkle posted:

Was there another chapter that wasn't uploaded yet? The last thing I remember was a gun in the face cliffhanger and none of these pages have a gun in the face and those characters seem to be fine with each other now.

Gaku died and tried again in a new timeline with better results. :ms:

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

I think there was more text on that one page than the next 5 put together.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

...what.

Is this the first time we're seeing a universe after her quantum self discards it, or is she shedding her corporal body entirely?

:suspense:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I'd say something about the Madoka parallels, but Gaku discarded the magical girls a few timelines back.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I think Gaku learned how to observe the entire multiverse at once, by Alice's painting, and then by observing it all she also controls perception of it all. And that allows her to observe herself away.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Squidster posted:

...what.

Is this the first time we're seeing a universe after her quantum self discards it, or is she shedding her corporal body entirely?

:suspense:

Well, she's determine that while human observation is powerful, it is not all-powerful. They may observe the box, but the observer still stands within a larger box.

Gaku, I assume, is moving to an even bigger box.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I'd make a "blood for the blood god" joke for Gaku, but mostly at this point I'm just :psyboom:.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I don't even... So she's going from just being godlike to being an actual god I guess.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I love the idea of destroying and creating an entirely new universe solely to save one person. I don't think any Yandere can ever top that level of dedication.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

NowonSA posted:

I love the idea of destroying and creating an entirely new universe solely to save one person. I don't think any Yandere can ever top that level of dedication.

That is literally the ending of Mirai Nikki

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Xyven posted:

Also third Madoka movie.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My favorite spoilers are the ones you can't possible hint at what it could be without the spoiler tags being pointless, so it's a total crapshoot when you hover over it whether it'll be about a series you plan to read/watch or not.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Xyven posted:

Ah, yeah I forgot about that a bit, though I did watch that. I guess I saw that more as the protagonist's action, rather than the yandere's.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

NowonSA posted:

Ah, yeah I forgot about that a bit, though I did watch that. I guess I saw that more as the protagonist's action, rather than the yandere's.

Wasn't the yandere character there not technically even out there to save the protagonist, just to date him for a while, kill him, and repeat the entire process over and over and over? No ambition whatsoever. Gaku is the superior yandere.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Alopex posted:

Wasn't the yandere character there not technically even out there to save the protagonist, just to date him for a while, kill him, and repeat the entire process over and over and over? No ambition whatsoever. Gaku is the superior yandere.

That was the theory I had that turned out to be wrong.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ProfessorProf posted:

That was the theory I had that turned out to be wrong.

Except it wasn't? That was her explicit goal.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

RatHat posted:

Except it wasn't? That was her explicit goal.
I think the manga and the anime had different endings, but I only saw the anime. Her whole goal was definitely just to spend time with the hapless loser she loved, kill him, and repeat it forever and ever.

Has the Qualia author done any other mangas? I'd be interested in seeing what other crazy poo poo they can come up with.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Qualia started as a LN by Ueo Hisamitsu, whom the internet tells me wrote something called Vehicle &

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Not to much of an update this time.

• Locked thread