Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I've been legitimately tempted to try and put together the money to bribe the normal translator/a talented group into just finishing off the whole damned thing in one go.

Not sure what it'd cost, but I'm pretty sure more than I'd be willing to pay.

I have to agree with this. I was wondering why this thread fell off the front page, assuming it was being translated as it was being published, and now that I've finished I feel a great void in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ActionZero posted:

Do keep in mind that most of the stuff about that was two high school girls just hanging out shooting the poo poo. That kind of context makes me think that a 101-level understanding is actually totally fine to base their conversations around.
:ironicat:

In other news I desperately need chapter 14. Why is it not translated yet?

Moogy's busy reading light novels and playing video games, and the team wants to wait until the last volume comes out anyway because the magazine scans they have are really bad.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Raws for the last volume have been floating around if you know where to look.

After flipping through it, I have two reactions.

1. That kiss is :3: as hell, I'm looking forward to seeing the ending translated.
2. When I said that Gaku should become a magical girl, I was only joking. And then this happens. :stare:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

jonjonaug posted:

2. When I said that Gaku should become a magical girl, I was only joking. And then this happens. :stare:

I...uh...WHAT :psyduck:

I need to read that ending like, yesterday :(

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I...uh...WHAT :psyduck:

I need to read that ending like, yesterday :(

No, no. That's not the right one. I think you were looking for :psyboom: 'cause that just popped my skull like overripe fruit. I don't even, I can't...What the gently caress?

Seriously, who needs to die to make this come out faster? Who needs to be bribed? Why don't I already have this?

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
You can not believe the self-control it is taking to not mouse over those spoilers. Even moreso now that the reaction seems to be positive-bewildered.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

HellCopter posted:

You can not believe the self-control it is taking to not mouse over those spoilers. Even moreso now that the reaction seems to be positive-bewildered.

I'm deeply glad I did, because now I absolutely cannot wait even harder than before to read the chapter just in the (probably vain) hope that doing so will cause my world to make sense again.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

jonjonaug posted:

Raws for the last volume have been floating around if you know where to look.

After flipping through it, I have two reactions.

1. That kiss is :3: as hell, I'm looking forward to seeing the ending translated.

So I got a friend who can read japanese and what I got was a time traveling magical girl.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

veekie posted:

So I got a friend who can read japanese and what I got was a time traveling magical girl.

How many is that now?

e: All those Gaku = Homu jokes were eerily prescient.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Pretty sure Gaku has more in common with a Lovecraftian horror than anything else at this point. She exists outside of space and time as we understand it, and nobody can perceive anything more than a single facet of the Gaku collective. The only thing keeping the comparison from being complete is how limited her power within any particular universe is. The rabbit hole just doesn't stop getting deeper.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

The Lord of Hats posted:

Pretty sure Gaku has more in common with a Lovecraftian horror than anything else at this point. She exists outside of space and time as we understand it, and nobody can perceive anything more than a single facet of the Gaku collective. The only thing keeping the comparison from being complete is how limited her power within any particular universe is. The rabbit hole just doesn't stop getting deeper.

...I take it you haven't been spoiled on the most recent MadoMagi movie.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They diverge from the series? When?

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

The first two movies were recaps, the third movie is a sequel of sorts.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
How can I have been without internet in my flat for 3 weeks and there not be a new chapter out yet? I mean seriously.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

ActionZero posted:

How can I have been without internet in my flat for 3 weeks and there not be a new chapter out yet? I mean seriously.

Because we who follow those that act as light are hated by the rest of the universe, and thus made to suffer.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

You're a failed alternate branch of the real ActionZero that didnt end up at your final aim.

Wait.... That means I am too! gently caress!!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
You should all read Quarantine by Greg Egan which also deals with quantum effects on human beings and owns really hard. It's cheap too!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 247 days!

The Lord of Hats posted:

The only thing keeping the comparison from being complete is how limited her power within any particular universe is.

Only until the stars are right.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, stil no news?

We'll never gonna see the ending to this, aren't we? :smith:

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
http://tenko.fansubban.org/2014/01/mix-chapter-18-released/

A relevant blog post from the guys who were translating it. Amounts to "the translators for Qualia aren't translating poo poo right now, and its writing is really tough to translate so we can't just get anyone to do it". Essentially its stalled and they don't know when if ever they'll get it done.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I guess adding "understands quantum physics" on top of "understands Japanese" and "will translate it for free in their spare time" turns an already difficult task into a nightmare.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Suaimhneas posted:

I guess adding "understands quantum physics" on top of "understands Japanese" and "will translate it for free in their spare time" turns an already difficult task into a nightmare.
Not just that, but understands those kinds of concepts in two languages. That's a huge hurdle right there. Qualia requires a higher level of vocabulary, basically.

Kaja Rainbow fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 31, 2014

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Blhue posted:

A relevant blog post from the guys who were translating it. Amounts to "the translators for Qualia aren't translating poo poo right now, and its writing is really tough to translate so we can't just get anyone to do it". Essentially its stalled and they don't know when if ever they'll get it done.

This is where I remind people that the Qualia translator took two years to release his translation of Dra+Koi which has a script of less than 15 kilobytes.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Blhue posted:

Welp, time to put on my rear end-kickin' boots and go do some motivational speaking.

Honestly, I keep hoping that someone at one of the publishing companies will get bored or suddenly find a surplus in their budget and decide to pick Qualia up. Even if it took another two years to get out, that'd probably be faster.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Curiosity got the best of me and I looked at the Volume 3 raws....

:psyboom:

Maybe is a good thing than it haven't been translated since I honestly doubt than my weak mind would resist knowing the truth. Lots of fluffly and heartwarming moments between the girls :allears:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick with Mary and Judas. ActionZero, this manga is flipping Madoka-levels of insanity, and that forum title of yours takes an incredibly more-sinister bent once you've read the thing.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Not just that, but understands those kinds of concepts in two languages. That's a huge hurdle right there. Qualia requires a higher level of vocabulary, basically.

God drat it one of my college friends does this but I was unsuccessful in getting him to get his group to do it :argh:

CrackedWindow
May 25, 2013
Is there a particular reason why no new chapters have been released since last September? The translation group used to have a pretty regular thing going on.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

CrackedWindow posted:

Is there a particular reason why no new chapters have been released since last September? The translation group used to have a pretty regular thing going on.

The translator isn't translating them and no one else is willing to step up to the plate.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Are the raws easy to find. I might take a crack at it for myself but it's probably way over my head.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Probably. They were linked earlier I think, along with some spoilers.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
You can get them here:

http://rawcs.net/1378.html

or here:

http://rawscans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18169

It will be monumental task though.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

If you get totally lost on some physics crap and need help I might be able to aid you in making sense (no guarantees though), feel free to throw me a PM if this happens.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I'm going to pop these up a page at a time as I finish them. A word of warning that updates will probably be sporadic, poorly formatted and may contain errors. I invite anyone else to take a look at the RAWS and feel free to step in with corrections.

I've only got the first page so far but I hope everyone is ready for things to get nuts.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Oh gently caress yes

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

Yes! I thought I might never get to see any scanlations of the rest of the series, sporadic or otherwise. Dr Amazing, you chose your username well.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
I'd post the page before this one which just says Episode: 14 and has some artwork, but it kind of spoils her solution for getting rid of Jaunt. It's fantastic, and does indeed go nuts.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm going to pop these up a page at a time as I finish them. A word of warning that updates will probably be sporadic, poorly formatted and may contain errors. I invite anyone else to take a look at the RAWS and feel free to step in with corrections.

I've only got the first page so far but I hope everyone is ready for things to get nuts.

Maybe you could get in touch with the translating group, as far I remember it was their translator that dropped out. If you can provide the translations they might be able to work on the raw cleaning and editing.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Maybe you could get in touch with the translating group, as far I remember it was their translator that dropped out. If you can provide the translations they might be able to work on the raw cleaning and editing.

I'm doing my best but I don't really think I'm going to be able to keep up with the speed or quality most translating groups would want. Maybe when I've got a chapter done someone can make it all pretty.

Anyway here's page 2.

This is the first image I skipped over before. It's kind of spoilery though.
http://imgur.com/X7hNBX6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm doing my best but I don't really think I'm going to be able to keep up with the speed or quality most translating groups would want. Maybe when I've got a chapter done someone can make it all pretty.

I don't think you have to worry about speed, since this isn't one of those big shounen series that every scanlation group races to put out every goddamn week. As for quality, The group would probably be happy to collaborate and take off some of the workload from you. At least it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Anyway, thanks a lot for picking this up! It is very much appreciated.

• Locked thread