Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

As awesome as literally everything that's happened post-Cellphone is, I wonder where they are going to go with this. It's not like anyone can really stop someone with the power to try literally every permutation of events at the same time and proceed with the one they like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

windex posted:

Theory only but after time to digest.. If they weren't friends Gaku wouldn't have influenced her to leave and being rejected by two people she has saved might cause her to keep her distance from others, protecting the secret.

Sorry. :)

I don't think that's too likely - she now explicitly has the potential to pick out an ideal world given any combination of possible events in her life. For the purposes of your theory, why would she alienate her best friend when she can establish a world where she has both maintained her friendship and protected her? Even if this current timeline is eventually rejected like the "join JAUNT" paths, she has so many variables to work with that I can't really see that being the ideal solution.

• Locked thread