Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
My head, it's completely full of fucks after reading this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Raenir Salazar posted:

For me the most interesting notion is that the "primary" powers of a sufficiently empowered character can spill over and grant nifty and powerful "secondary" powers into the other characters.

Like suppose Tenjou accepted the fact she's made of a good deal of metal, drat. Girl of Steel? Able to beat up random thugs? Kinda lame in comparison to Hatou but you get the point, Marii is literally a girl who can "give" powers by accident to others with whatever was laying around.

Maybe that's why Tenjou is so angry? She drew the short straw in the super power lottery!

Somehow I doubt the ramifications of Tenjou are going to stay repressed and ignored. There is plenty of potential there.Besides, she's having difficulty because she was conscious through the operation and badly traumatised as a result. That can be worked around

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Insurrectionist posted:

I saw it mentioned somewhere, and it's funny considering recent developments that the manga opened with Gaku literally having a screw loose. :haw:

She sure does now. Makes me wonder what'd happen if she DID get the screw installed

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Also, she never really kills off any route, unless she literally got killed off in that route. However less likely it may seem, every choice may lead to a successful resolution, revelation or contribute skills to the whole to succeed.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Wolpertinger posted:

Hah, that's surprisingly relevant - and makes me wonder how the hell a computer can do it without a magic cellphone to call alternate versions of itself that are doing different versions of the same problem.

That's the thing, for really small particles, things naturally work like that. IIRC, they can interfere with their past/future selves too, though this is a bit difficult to define for things which we can't even measure directly

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Sakurazuka posted:

Hah, drat, I knew the whole 'seeing all the alternate futures and picking the best one' thing sounds familiar.

Here I was thinking more like Coil from Worm myself. Didn't even think about Dune till Hodgepodge brought it up.

veekie fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 6, 2013

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

RatHat posted:

Not quite. Yukari can either see into an alternate universe where people are robots instead of people, or when she observes someone they actually do turn into a robot(but no one else can see or interact with it). Not sure how controlling model robots fits into this. Maybe it also goes the other way around, and when she observes robots they turn into people?

Yeah, and in addition, people work like people except when Yukari does robotic things to them. I believe she also sees herself as a robot, and still needs to eat and drink, so both states are true, except Yukari can selectively choose which one she interacts with.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
I suppose learning you're a potential deviant would be pretty disturbing.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
I just noticed we switched path when the call was interrupted. The Gaku musing after Alice wakes up is the 'deviant'.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Last two pages look like the biggest stretches might be costing her something

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Ok, let me see if I'm understanding this correctly. Once that Gaku 'prime' comes to terms with the posibilities out there she turns into the Gaku of that possibility?There's no argument about the fact that she was a different Gaku at the end of the call, sort of like the caller become the called.

Merges, I believe. Once they make contact they are an amalgam of both, including all the Gakus who interacted with one but not the other.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
There might be limits to which versions of herself she can interfere with. Mostly it looks like a wild shot to reach Gakus who all started from similar points.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Who want's to bet that the only action she could take to save Yukari would be to inspire Yukari to save herself. She is after all, capable of much more.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

allgore posted:

Looks like she's left with only body parts after the murder. Since she doesn't seem to be able to prevent that happening, what she really needs is the skills/ability to fix someone from body parts and assorted junk laying around. I don't know if that's possible since that takes a very rare skill, but since she seems to have time on her hands she might be able to tackle it.

Install repair functionality for Gaku. Then Yukari winding up dismembered isn't a problem. We can rebuild her. We have the technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

jonjonaug posted:

Raws for the last volume have been floating around if you know where to look.

After flipping through it, I have two reactions.

1. That kiss is :3: as hell, I'm looking forward to seeing the ending translated.
2. When I said that Gaku should become a magical girl, I was only joking. And then this happens. :stare:

So I got a friend who can read japanese and what I got was a time traveling magical girl.

• Locked thread