Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick with Mary and Judas. ActionZero, this manga is flipping Madoka-levels of insanity, and that forum title of yours takes an incredibly more-sinister bent once you've read the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

FutureCop posted:

So I don't interrupt the Dr.Amazing's chronology in this thread, I've put my translations into an album which I'll update separately. It's my hope that by combining my translations and Dr.Amazing's translations, we can come closer to a fuller understanding of this manga, since it is such a beast to translate.

The album can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/iaymY

Thanks to Ottumon for explaining levels in photoshop; can you believe that when I used to cut out the Japanese text, I used to clone stamp in the texture of the paper on the hole to make it look seamless? With levels, it's such a breeze!

And again, big thanks to Dr.Amazing for translating and everyone else for discussing the manga so the translations can inherit those thoughts.

Goons: Getting poo poo done when the rest of the internet are worthless!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I need to get this straight. Is "Murasakiiro no Qualia" The Qualia of Purple? Because now knowing that Qualia is a philosophical concept and not an anime-style name fucks with what I knew the title to be.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think they addressed this when they introduced a dissenting Gaku who Gaku Prime nonchalantly metaphorically shot in the head. She can will out of existence disagreeing Gaku's?

Yes, but that's only the ones that speak up. I'm thinking the rebel Gaku faction is working in secret, telling the people who need to know what they need to know.

And let's be honest here, the more people Magical Multiple Girl Mana Chan kills as publicly as she does, the harder the governmental pushback is going to be.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

chumbler posted:

There can't be a rebel Gaku faction doing that unless someone else has the same power she does. Each world/timeline has only one Gaku, so there can't be another Gaku interfering, and any information a rebel Gaku might give to the targets in her world wouldn't be transferable to Magical Multiple Girls Mana Chans' worlds' targets.

We've gotten to the point of quantum immortality. Are we really going to rule out interdimensional travel? =P

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm sort of reading this at the same speed you guys are but just flipping through the next chapter has me pretty excited.

Do you guys want me to post them as I finish or just let them all go at once in a few weeks?

The short answer: Yes.

The long answer: Sweet baby Jesus, I'll take it any way you want to give it to me.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

nftyw posted:

Time for some more wild speculation!

Yukari is actually a cyborg that needs a special device that she used to fix Gaku's cellphone and in doing so set off a delayed reaction inside her that months later causes her power supply to explode that also conveniently takes out whoever is near her. JAUNT is actually a manufacturer contracted by a secret agency and upon sensing her termination goes over to retreive Yukari's parts to investigate them. But Gaku doesn't know all this because she sees Yukari as a human!

Which would mean that in order to save Yukari, Gaku would have to let herself die after her arm gets hacked off. Just twisted enough. I like it.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
The way this is rapidly expanding, I'm predicting a "If I can't have her, NOBODY WILL." scenario.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The way this is rapidly expanding, I'm predicting a "If I can't have her, NOBODY WILL." scenario.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Gaku's gonna kill us all :gonk:

Called it!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I'd make a "blood for the blood god" joke for Gaku, but mostly at this point I'm just :psyboom:.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So, the moral of the story is, if Gaku had just told Yukari about the future she had seen, she could have avoided all this hassle of multiple lives and reincarnation? =P

Props to the author for having to correct solution be the path of least resistance, instead of something increasingly convoluted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ActionZero posted:

If I'd had any idea where Qualia was going to go when I made the thread, that would have been a good candidate for the thread title.

Pretty sure you can still change it now.

• Locked thread