Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hodgepodge posted:

The better comparison is that her ability is literally the one granted by the Spice to Mau'dib/Navigators/Leto II from Dune.

Hah, drat, I knew the whole 'seeing all the alternate futures and picking the best one' thing sounds familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, this isn't going to end well.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DrSunshine posted:

At this point, I am reminded of the two-slit experiment performed in introductory quantum physics classes in college. Read the article or watch the film to brush up! The point is that, even if you fire one photon at a time through the slits, they will still produce an interference pattern. This implies that somehow a single particle going through the slits splits up, turns into a wave, and interferes with itself.

My point here is that perhaps a similar thing is happening here. Perhaps the predestined outcome -- Yukari's death -- is the interference pattern of the light through the slits. No matter how Gaku approaches the problem, no matter which path she takes, the end result is that she is the one interfering with herself, preventing her from saving Yukari. Perhaps she is her own enemy here, and Jaunt is an organization that only sprang up as a result of her own actions.

I this this was pretty much what she was considering just before an even more psycho Gaku iteration put a bullet in her brain.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

She's been to to hundreds and thousands of parallel worlds and in not one did Yukari not die, as though it's some sort of universal constant. Like there's a universe that's entirely made out of custard and jelly babies and 'humans' are some sort of starfish and it'll still contrive to have her die somehow.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can someone who has finished the series just like PM me a yes or no as to whether it has a happy ending or not, I can't take it any more.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Read the translated chapters this morning, from what I can remember the manga sticks pretty close to the novel version, though the novel seems a bit more yuri-tastic but that could just be because it's written from Gaku's perspective. Or it's been a while since I read the early manga chapters.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gently caress me. :gonk:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sakurazuka posted:

gently caress me. :gonk:

Empty quoting myself because I just don't loving care any more.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How many chapters do we have left now?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Everything you have done and anything you might do in the future is greatly appreciated.

This times a million.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dr Amazing living up to his name.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How normal and relaxing, there's no way this could end badly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, these specials are like 'Oh, hey, remember when this was a quirky slice of life about a girl who saw people as robots?' :unsmigghh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I am so fuckin' わくわく

I don't know what that means but me too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's been so long since Yukari was a character rather than an ideal I'd completely forgotten what she was like.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I knew this was coming, Yukari gonna be all 'maybe we should just be friends' after Gaku was such a nice guy to her...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gaku being a transdimensional stalker was part of the yuri overtones.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That last page :kimchi:

Now just make it so that Yukari doesn't have to die and I'll be happy. :colbert:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Someone uploaded a translated chapter 18 to Kissmanga, either the translation was kind of off or my brain was just refusing to process the ending.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, I really shouldn't have read it. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Please finish the last chapter, the only translation I've seen of it was much less readable than the ones you've done previously.

Does anyone still have the link to the guy who was translating the LN and has it been updated recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The first two pages already make more sense than the lovely translation I read.

• Locked thread