Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Just blazed through this due to the link in the surreal daily life thread. Definitely not suited for that thread, but I'm glad it was posted, or I might not have found this manga, and that would be unfortunate. The tone has changed so drastically from chill, to intense & weird, to bizarre & fast-paced, but I've loved every chapter.

Does anybody know how many chapters this thing is at in Japan and whether it's weekly/monthly/bicentennial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

That was actually something I noticed too, and seemed weird. I would think at least a couple would have.

No doubt an infinite number of Gaku's have, but any given Gaku can only make contact with a finite number of her alternate/possible selves. I don't recall exactly how long it's been since she started hand-calling herself daily, but it's certainly feasible that she's never made contact with a Gaku that thought studying English would quickly bring her to her goal. Heck, considering how it worked out, perhaps it's just not at all necessary or helpful.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Ardeem posted:

I'm pretty sure the loud sound effect in the lower right corner of that panel that starts with PAA (Ji? be? I can't really tell becuse the bottom of the characters is cut off) is a gunshot.

PAN! Definitely a gunshot. Blond Alice is a different world.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Everything you have done and anything you might do in the future is greatly appreciated.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
So excited.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The first images on this page are the start of the current chapter.

VVVVVV Sorry, I'd forgotten that the pause was mid-chapter.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 28, 2014

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
What a twist!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I am so fuckin' わくわく

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Apparently someone has done ch. 17. I've yet to read it and so can't vouch for the quality.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
/\/\/\/\ yeah, what he said.

It's probably just being used euphemistically. "Many billions of years," like the stereotype of "I'm going to make a hundred friends" just meaning "lots."

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Whatever, she can just try again.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Rynder posted:

Uh, is this implying that Gaku could only become people who are purely japanese? Didn't she become the whole world at one point?

Nah, Yukari was definitely implying that Gaku was mistaken as to why she couldn't become Alice. It seems that she couldn't become people who view the world so fundamentally differently from her.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Continued thanks, friend. I'd love to see alternate versions of this where you're a bit more liberal with the translation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Kaelan Zero posted:

For kanji lookup a good companion to Jisho is Kanjitomo. It uses a similar dictionary and does a pretty good job of OCRing kanji. I use the two of them together when trying to speed-translate printed/written Japanese.

If you're using Jisho, make sure you're using the beta: http://beta.jisho.org/ it's spectacular.

Holy crap, Kanjitomo is amazing. jisho.org is great, but it can sometimes take annoyingly long for me to ID a kanji. This'll speed up the occasional translation I do immensely.

• Locked thread