Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Welcome to Exegenx Incorporated. Thankyou for expressing interest in our research program. Follow the prompts and be sure to read all the relevant documentation and legal advice before continuing to the application section.

What you need to know about this game!
I am going to run this using the Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition system. If you're unfamiliar with it and are still interested, then it is essentially an entirely d20 based system. If you've played DnD before skills and some parts will look familiar. Damage and defence is handled slightly differently. I'm happy to take some people new to the system, for reasons I will explain soon.

Currently I am looking for 4-8 players. I will finish selections in two weeks, around the 12th of July
You will not be making a character sheet at the start of the game. Instead, I will run players through a small introductory section in a freeform style that will introduce them to how they get their powers, and also set up the rest of the game a little.

Do I get to chose my powers?
Not quite. The introduction will result in me giving players a theme which their powers need to conform to. I'll make some suggestions and am happy to help people with making a character, but as long as you stick within that theme you will get to make your own character yourself.

Can I be a villain? Do I have to be a good guy?
Yes! No! Once you get your powers what you do with them is up to you. That's why I'd like to get a wider group, if I get a few people go villain then we can play the two groups off against each other from time to time.

How will you run this?
As per my usual method, I'll be running PbP on the SA forums. Many of you are cool dudes but don't share my timezones! Maybe one day I'll run a more real time game, but not today.

Okay, what powerlevel will we start at?
Once everyone makes a character you'll start at PL 10.

What do I need to know about the world and setting?
It's going to be a fairly generic western city, but as I'm Australian I might describe things a bit different to what you expect though. Essentially if I say something people find weird, I'll probably hand wave it away, but otherwise assume we're in America. There might be an extra city or a few extra or missing states though.

Okay, are there any superheroes or villains so far?
No, or at least not that anyone knows of. You guys get to be the first, exciting huh!

To apply just submit a character based on the form below. It should tell me a bit about your character as well as giving me the information I need to set up your introductory sequence. Feel free to give me some extra information if you want below the fields, or to add a picture in as well.

Welcome to the Exegenex Biomedical research division applicant. If you are interested in participating in one of our various cash incentive research programs and have finished reading our disclaimer and waiver forms, please fill out the following form and submit it by mail to the address provided. Postage is paid for by Exegenex Incorporated.

Name:
Date of Birth:

Occuptation:
(If student, please provide basic information on course and institution)

A brief physical description of yourself:

What does Exegenex Incorporated mean to you?

Do you have any known allergies or intolerances to any food or medical products?

How did you hear about Exegenex Biomedical Research?

Which of our research programs are you interested in:
Consumer Technology
Genetic Sampling and Profiling
Learning Systems
Medicine and Wellbeing
Physical Performance

What do you think your desired research program means, and why do you wish to participate in it?

Tell us briefly about what you consider your personal strengths to be.

Tell us briefly about what you consider your personal weaknesses to be.

Please sign your name and agree to all waiver forms, as well as the confidentiality non-disclosure agreement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alouicious
Feb 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Name: Isamu "Joe" Miyata
Date of Birth: 8/17/1991

Occuptation: Unemployed

A brief physical description of yourself: Uhh, pretty tall? I mean I'm like 6' 3" or something. Last time I got measured, anyway. I ain't too built, I guess. To be honest, I'm a bit of a stick. I got a couple piercings, some in my ears, one in my nose, basic stuff, y'know? My hair ain't too long, and it's kinda like, I dunno, I wash it and stuff but I don't really pay much attention to it.

poo poo, I ain't got a clue. Do you guys make medicine or something? Sounds like the name of a company that makes medicine. That or like, you're fusin' monkeys and dolphins in a lab or some crazy bullshit like that.

Do you have any known allergies or intolerances to any food or medical products?
Not a drat one. I think.

A buddy of mine who goes to college was talking about it and told me about this cash incentive stuff and I figured hey, I like money.

Consumer Technology
Learning Systems
Medicine and Wellbeing
Physical Performance

What do you think your desired research program means, and why do you wish to participate in it?
Physical performance, that's like workin' out, gettin' all 'roided up and runnin' on treadmills, right? poo poo, I can do that.

I'm a pretty good runner. I was on the track team in high school. I was a good distance runner, ran the 400m. I'm pretty smart too, I guess? Oh, I know, I've got a really good sense of balance. I could probably be a tight-rope walker or some poo poo if I tried to be, and it's real hard to knock me off my feet. poo poo, I should have played football in high school, I'd probably have made a good wide receiver or something.

I got no, uhhhhh, what would be a good word here. Drive? Yeah, I guess drive works. It's hard for me to get focused on things. It's probably why I couldn't 'deal' with college and why I can't hold down a job for more than a month. Who knows, maybe this will turn that around, right?

Please sign your name and agree to all waiver forms, as well as the confidentiality non-disclosure agreement.

x ISAMU MIYATA

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Name: Jackson "Red" Connors
Date of Birth: 6/6/66

Occuptation:
Cabbie.

Fit enough, for a person who sits all day in a Cab. Bright red hair, fair complexion, glorious mustache. Green eyes.

A future without genetic abnormalities. A future where a man can go to the beach and not burn.

The sun? No actual allergies, just my skin burns rather easily on a sunny day.

One of my fares was talking about it. Not sure where he heard about it. Told me you would pay for subjects, and that you would likely be able to fix my problem with sunburns.

Consumer Technology
Learning Systems
Medicine and Wellbeing
Physical Performance

I believe it means mapping out the human genome and figuring out what causes various problems, cancer, hereditary diseases, tendency toward burning in sunlight. I am hoping you can actually figure out a way to help us not burn when we spend time out in the sun.

Well I am a devilishly handsome man, with a refined sense of taste, impeccable dress and quite likable. A good man behind a wheel, and well if you need someone to show you around the sights of the City, then I am your man.

Well I do have a bit of a temper. And some think I may drink a wee bit too much. But really they are just being uptight.

x Jackson Connors

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2013 around 07:35

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

"Charge."
- Great Guard Cavalry Captain

Brand new to the system, but it sounds pretty fun.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at Jul 5, 2013 around 06:26

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

Name:

Dr. Madeleine Gertrude Ashton-Larraby

Date of Birth:

December 2nd, 1953

Occuptation:

Professor; Biology and Anatomy/Physiology, College-level Introductory & Advanced

While one does not ask a lady her particulars, it should suffice to say that I am Caucasian, 5'5", blue-eyed and wintry-blond.

The cutting edge of medical and genetic research, naturally, not to mention the source of all the thrice-bedamned revisions to my syllabus that I am obliged to include.

Cauliflower & Eggs.

Medical Instructors Journal, Quarterly. Fascinating articles; shame about that little vaccination scandal.

Consumer Technology
Learning Systems
Medicine and Wellbeing
Physical Performance

As a professor of anatomy, it is my duty to forge the next generation of doctors, nurse, morticians and therapists out of the wretched masses of students whom hurl themselves upon my vanishingly short mercy. As such, a program focused on medical research and physical well-being is certain to be illuminating for one who requires such knowledge as part of her daily occupation.

I am intelligent, well-read, and refined. I am an educated woman of science, learning, and moral rectitude.

If I must. I suppose one could make the argument that I am unnecessarily stern and serious, if you are inclined to view such qualities as weaknesses.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

I am new to the system, but if you're willing to handhold a bit, I'm willing to give it a shot.

Name: Samantha Miller
Date of Birth: 04/19/1989

Occuptation: Waitress
Graduate, North Middlesex Regional High School, Townsend, MA, 2007 (Honors/AP Track)
Attended Suffolk University, Boston, MA for two years, majoring in Inorganic Chemistry (see attached transcript)
Unable to complete collegiate education due to financial hardship due to parental death

5'6" tall, 165 lbs., hazel eyes, short black hair (currently dyed blue, but if reversion to natural color is a prerequisite for employment that will be no problem). Glasses (uncorrected vision is 20/60). Three ear piercings, one nose piercing (left nostril).

Exgenex Incorporated is a worldwide leader in several exciting fields of research... which is the sort of thing I could have taken right from your website, I know, but it really is true, and while I was a student at Suffolk Exgenex was one of the companies I visited the booth of at a recruitment fair and I was really impressed with what I saw there; had I been able to stay in school I would have already applied for an internship.

None that I am aware of, save for a slight sensitivity to alcohol (i.e. I'm a cheap drunk).

The aforementioned college recruitment fair.

___Consumer Technology
___Genetic Sampling and Profiling
___Learning Systems
_X_Medicine and Wellbeing
___Physical Performance

Bluntly, any program dedicated to the research of medicine and wellbeing seems like a good thing to support to me. I'm excited about the prospect of helping to save lives and improve the health and welfare of people.

I'm a hard worker, I take direction well, and I've never shied away from putting in overtime. I'm still just young enough to be enthusiastic. I am an excellent student who got high marks in her classes and I worked HARD for those grades. I'll work just as hard for you.

It's a lot easier for me to talk about myself in print than in person, because I've got a lot of social anxiety issues. Also, to be blunt... my father and I don't have the best of relationships; I send him money to help him pay for my little brothers but we don't exactly get on well. I don't know how that might be significant, but there it is.

Samantha Phoebe Miller

Some OOC info
Sam's father will almost certainly, should he learn about Sam getting superpowers of some sort, try and explot her for monetary gain. After his wife passed he started drinking, and became kind of a scumbag. I... genuinely have no idea whether Sam would lean towards the hero or villain side of the super- spectrum; I typically tend to play more heroic folks as a rule, but Sam - as I envision her - is kind of the quintessential "powerless person who suddenly gains power" type, and there's no way to avoid a little bit of tapdancing on the darker side of things, which should be fun.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Name: Robert Flamel
Date of Birth: 10/13/1972

Occuptation: Occult Researcher

A brief physical description of yourself: I am a 5'11 Caucasian male. I try to keep myself relatively fit.

It is a high tech research company that always keeps up with the most cutting edge technology. Furthermore, my research shows that the corporate headquarters are located on a magical ley-line.

I have a mild allergic reaction to people with indigo auroras.

A fortune teller recommended that I apply for this position.

Learning Systems

The Learning System program is obviously about the development of technology to collect, store, and search information efficiently. I believe that my excellent research skills will no doubt be a valuable asset. Also, the tarots showed that it was time for a great change in my life.

I have always had a willingness to think outside the box. Some may consider my theories to be absurd, particularly my hollow earth theory, but I am confident that I will have a major breakthrough in my research any day now.

I have on rare occasion published information without fully verifying the facts. However I think you will agree that those costumes were amazingly well-done, and you could hardly see the zippers on them.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2013 around 21:38

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Name: John Wolff
Date of Birth: 6/1/1985

A brief physical description of yourself: Tall. Fairly lanky, but in-shape. Blond hair not too short but not too long. Green eyes. Iíve got the remnants of a chemical burn on my left arm, a bit below the elbow from a bout of clumsiness when I worked in the lab, and a knife scar on my right cheek thatís a bit more recent, that I donít want to talk about.

Exgenex is the leader in a number of fields. I remember reading some of the journal articles by Exegenex employees and even in my prime I still could still barely keep up. They were the company everyone else in R&D wanted to work for.

Penicillin, itís why Iíve got one of those medical alert bracelets.

I used to work at Biofrontier Inc., was a senior R&D supervisor before the accident. You guys used to kick our asses. I never thought Iíd be one of the subjects, but I really need the money.

Consumer Technology

Learning Systems
Medicine and Wellbeing
Physical Performance

I think its new and better ways of learning. Iíve been out on my rear end too long, and because of the accident Iíll need to know twice as much as any other applicant if I ever want to get another job. Basically, I want to be able to know so much and learn so quick that every firm in every industry will be begging to take me on. I canít take another year of poverty, of being alone.

Iím smart, very smart, and mentally flexible enough to put it to good use. Iím not terrible at communicating either, unlike most of the other science types I knew. Itís why I managed to make it up to supervisor, they donít just hand management rolls to normal lab rats, they couldnít explain their work to an outside if their life depended on it, but I always knew how to phrase it just right to make sure that the right people knew what they needed to know.

Sometimes I can become too focused on a goal, and when I do I miss critical details on other things, which is what lead me to my current position. Also, I can be too self-critical, agonizing over every mistake in endless detail. Iíve also found Iím a bit prone to injury. Canít really say why, itís not like I have a condition or something, itís just a combination of bad luck and clumsiness most of the time.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.

Name: Lucas Trevino-Burke
Date of Birth: 4/16/1987

Musician (also barista in-between gigs, but that's not my occupation, just a paycheck)

Fit, kinda tall, dark hair, light brown skin, brown eyes, sometimes wear earring

Medical stuff that makes a lot of money, seem pretty legit when I googled

Chocolate makes me sick

Ad on Starbucks bulletin board

Consumer Technology
Learning Systems
Medicine and Wellbeing
Physical Performance

Stuff to make it easier for people to sell things online or making stuff people will want to buy, which would be great because I've got a lot of entrepreneurial spirit. I set up my own tindeck with my songs, designed my band's T-shirts, and burn and sell CDs myself to sell at gigs.

Stellar bassist and guitarist, only need to hear something once to play it, really focused when I want to do something.

I might not take work outside of music as seriously, but that's not really a weakness because you've got to dedicate yourself to make it in the business, right?

Edit: Don't know that it matters, but I have played before and am pretty comfortable with the rules and making characters. Also especially eager about this because I finally got copy of DC Universe last week after pre-ordering it ~3 years ago.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at Jul 1, 2013 around 07:39

Poison Mushroom
Sep 30, 2009

Totally stealing Brainamp's idea, because drat.

Thought it might be fun to apply someone who is very much not the 'superhero type'. Maybe even the 'have you tried not being a mutant' type. Also very familiar with M&M/DC. A shame I can't apply with Ball Of Arms Man.

Pez
Feb 27, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Name:
Harold "Tank" Martowski
Date of Birth:
6/12/1956

Occuptation:
Circus strongman

6'4", 260 lbs, most of that is still muscle even after all these years. Too many tattoos and scars to count. Still got a hell of a moustache, black as it ever was when I was a kid.

Look, I don't know what I'm doing here. I'm getting on in years, and performing is all I know, but I can't keep it up with so many years of damage and abuse on me. Guys half my age can do double the work ,and have no respect for a geezer. A friend recommended I come here after he heard what genetic research and scientific gobbledygook can do for turning back the clock on us old bums. I don't expect a miracle. Hell I don't know what I expect. Health? Happiness? A check? It's all the same to me.

Peanuts. Can you believe that? Of all the things for a circus man to have to avoid, it's goddamned peanuts

Exegenex is all over the news lately with their researches in genetics and cyborgs and God knows what else. My buddy Jimmy suggested I check it out since I can't get along like I used to.

Consumer Technology
Learning Systems
Medicine and Wellbeing
Physical Performance

Didn't I already answer this above? I'm getting too old to compete on the circuit anymore. Maybe I can find a way to make myself comfortable in retirement, even if I can't manage the old act anymore. I've torn every muscle and tendon you can imagine, and it makes for quite a bit of pain these days. You think this cane is for looks? I can still make it when I have to, but I gotta find a way to undo some damage before it kills me. And it will, with pain comes painkillers, and I can't seem to give them up these days. But that's another problem that I can't go into on one measly sheet of paper. I'm not asking to be as good as I used to be, just good enough to make it a few more years.

I can't help but laughing, sorry. Look at me. My personal strengths are all physical. I mean, I have the street smarts that come with years on the road, but please, I ain't out to win any beauty contests or spelling bees, you know?

Age. Pride. Addiction. Regret. I gave up my life, my family, everything for what? Tired old bones and a social security check around the corner.

Do you have any dependants, are you dependant on anyone?
My wife is long gone, accident on site a long time ago. I have a daughter, but haven't seen her in years. Heard I had a little grandson, too. Unfortunately when you're stuck doing one thing for too long the world moves on without you sometimes.

Please sign your name and agree to all waiver forms, as well as the confidentiality non-disclosure agreement. Harold K. Martowski

Pez fucked around with this message at Jul 10, 2013 around 03:30

Halloween Jack
Sep 11, 2003

Let your word be "Yes, Yes" or "No, No"; anything more than this comes from the evil one.

Name: Paul Marcos Angelis.

Date of Birth: October 22, 1976

Occupation: Retired. I was a professional wrestler, maybe you've heard of me? Yeah, Mark Angel, that was me.

A brief physical description of yourself: Six foot four, two hundred thirty some pounds. I'm in pretty good shape. Uh, Caucasian, dirty blonde hair, brown eyes. I'm Greek on my dad's side. If it hadn't been for my mom, I'd have been Pavlos.

I understand you do pretty much every type of biomed. See, I retired early because I didn't want to hurt getting out of bed for the rest of my life. I figure I must be a pretty interesting case study, and I'm thinking you can help me, too.

Um, there's this one thing I'm allergic to. Some kind of medicine they only give infants and toddlers, though. I can't remember, but my mother would know. Do you want me to call her?

Do you know Dr. Copeland at Bon Secours? Yeah, I did his knee pain study during a break last summer, on account of my knee hurt. He sent me a link to your website.

Consumer Technology
Learning Systems
Medicine and Wellbeing
Physical Performance

So I have to pick just one? I mean, who wouldn't want to learn about their genetics, or learn more about how your own brain assimilates information? But my focus is on sports medicine solutions. I don't have to worry about money, really, but I am dealing with some chronic pain issues. Don't have your health, don't have anything, right? I'm doing yoga right now and that's working pretty well for me; I've dabbled in CrossFit, tai chi, Pro Bod X when that was a thing, you name it.

Hm. I suppose I adapt well to new situations. I'm used to traveling around a lot, meeting new people, and I get a lot of people asking me to make decisions quickly. It's fair to say I learn new things quickly. I'm not afraid to speak up for myself, and I speak up for other people, too. Most people would say I'm easy to get along with.

I don't quite know what to do with myself. I get bored with routine, and I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie. I get along with other people, but maybe I'm too comfortable keeping myself to myself.

Oh, sorry, I drew little wings on my signature. Force of habit. Is it still official?

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006

Name: Franklin Barnabus
Date of Birth: 9/9/80

Occuptation:
I am a lifelong student and I have obtained a masters in history and sociology from the University of Tennessee.

I'm 5'6" weigh about 110 lbs with brown hair and brown eyes. I am wheelchair bound which is quite noticeable so I'm adding it to my description.

A future perfected humanity that can exceed anything dreamed up before.

Strawberries give me rashes but I enjoy them still

I heard of them from TV ads and I researched more about you on the internet

Consumer Technology
Learning Systems
Medicine and Wellbeing
Physical Performance

To make life easier through technology and overcome limitations of the body.

My mind is my strength, if I set my mind to something I will accomplish it.

My body is my only weakness, currently it is only a life support system for my mind.

x FRANKLIN BARNABUS

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

wub wub wub wub

Name: Mikey Chin
Date of Birth: 2/12/87

Occuptation:
Currently work as a tech reporter for a little known blog called Digital Futuregram. Little known because I'm the sole contributor, and on some days, the sole reader. Tried to get a startup off the ground a couple years back, until my so-called "partner" absconded with our meager funding and left me holding the bag.

Been a beanpole my whole life. Six foot nothing, one forty. I've worn women's pants before. Don't judge me.

You kidding? Exegenex has been at the cutting edge since they first came onto the scene! I'd do anything to get a first look at whatever's coming next for the world.

I'm allergic to latex. I swell up like, yes, a balloon. My mom always said I barely survived being born.

I saw the posting online - and being, for all intents and purposes, unemployed - how could I refuse?

Consumer Technology
Learning Systems
Medicine and Wellbeing
Physical Performance

Tech is moving faster than ever right now. Who knows what the next big disruptor will be? Could be the next wearable smartphone, a self-driving car, hell - maybe even a chess-playing quantum computer!

I always like to stay informed. I usually know what's buzzing in the world. And my mom always said I have a boundless enthusiasm!

Probably my boundless enthusiasm. I'm guilty of being an early adopter. And I trust too easily. That's been an issue for me.

x Michael Chin

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the Void

Name: Jeffrey Michael Levitt
Date of Birth: February 28, 1968

Occuptation: Most recently, writing for the New York Times. Currently on medical leave.

A brief physical description of yourself: Middle aged, six foot one, a bit on the thin side. Brown hair that is both thinning and going gray far too rapidly for my taste, thank you very much. Brown eyes, light caucasian skin, a bit too much nose.

What does Exegenex Incorporated mean to you? Bleeding-edge biotechnology, with more than your share of controversy. Conducted yourselves admirably during the stem cell research hearings in the late '90s, if I recall correctly. Did some great work on nanoscale tissue grafts...didn't you guys debut a new artificial skin last year? Pretty sure that was you. Also one of the top companies in the field of genetic research and gene therapy.

Do you have any known allergies or intolerances to any food or medical products? Technically no, but I have a list of medications as long as my arm, so you might want to look into the interactions.

How did you hear about Exegenex Biomedical Research? I've done a couple of pieces on your research in the Times. Maybe you read them? No? Fair enough. This program specifically though...that came from my oncologist. I wound up doing a bit more research on you guys and well...here I am.

Consumer Technology
Learning Systems

Medicine and Wellbeing X
Physical Performance

What do you think your desired research program means, and why do you wish to participate in it? What is says on the tin, really. Making the sick well, making the well even better. I'm...well. Firmly in the former category. I have lung cancer, and it's not going to go away with a bit of chemo or radiation. They caught it too late for that. So I'm here to be a guinea pig. It's not exactly like I have anything to lose.

Tell us briefly about what you consider your personal strengths to be. I consider myself very intelligent and well-read. I have a Masters in Journalism from Northwestern University, I have excellent communication and observational skills (vital in my line of work), and I've always been easy to get along with. I believe the corporate-ese term is "a good team player." Or maybe "people skills." One of those. I also already have a passing familiarity with Exegenex's work, as I mentioned, and a good working knowledge of medical terminology and practices, at least for a layman.

Tell us briefly about what you consider your personal weaknesses to be. ...Aside from the terminal cancer? I'm not what most people would call physically fit, even disregarding my illness. I'm something of your stereotypical 98-pound weakling, I'm afraid. I'm not exactly good at confrontation of any kind. I've been told I can be a bit of a doormat.

J.M. LEVITT

I'm also familiar with M&M, if that matters.

Izzy fucked around with this message at Jul 2, 2013 around 03:56

Rather Watch Them
Mar 28, 2012

Version 2.0.0.1 (beta).

I hope I didn't step on your toes too much with this. For the sake of the background, Ras Gibbs is his brother and an employee at Exegenex. He takes care of himself better than Mat but the two still slightly resemble each other.

Mat is 5'10" and 140 lbs. He likes to meditate and keeps his apartment at a bare minimum now that he has no money or bank accounts. He was very materialistic out of high school but couldn't make good on payments due to his being unemployable. He is also pretty headstrong regardless of his mental state.

The reference to Gattaca is in no way me trying to draw similarities between that story and the background of my character. It was supposed to refer to Exegenex's mission to presumably make awesome science out of genes. I honestly didn't make the connection until it was already written.

I also have no experience with the system. I wanted to participate in at least one PbP and the application process let me stretch my thinking muscles.

Rather Watch Them fucked around with this message at Jul 3, 2013 around 03:17

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Name: Linda Reyls
Date of Birth: 12 6 94

Occuptation: Student premed at Granston Tech

A brief physical description of yourself: I am pretty tall I played volleyball in high school. Blonde hair in a ponytail usually. Caucasian. People have said my nose is cute I'm not sure what that means.

Exegenex has made some incredible advances in recent years. My first big paper in college was about your new growth hormone and the methodology behind how it got approved. It was more of a case study thing but it was still very interesting to research. I would love to work there properly one day.

A mild peanut allergy.

My biology teacher in high school talked about Exegenex a few times positively and that's why I picked Exegenex for that paper.

Medicine and Wellbeing yes

What I heard is that Exegenex is working on holistic preventative medicine. Folk remedies and generally healthy activity will always be important because of the way animals are built but more research into those mechanisms could help us tell how and where things go wrong and also how to best induce naturally healthy activity in people who aren't engaging in it naturally like depressed people.

I have maintained effective study techniques over the course of my education while balancing it with sports and volunteer work. I am very good at time management.

I am sometimes easily distracted. I was diagnosed with ADD at a young age and unfortunately most medical treatments have had negative side effects. I have coped with this with a strong focus on time management, but it is still easy sometimes to backslide.
Also I have trouble sometimes with intensity and singlemindedness during arguments. People tell me I am very aggressive although this is not on purpose.

Ijlclu Xiylz

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Anybody hear that? It's a, um... It's an impact tremor, that's what it is...
I'm fairly alarmed here

Name: Russell Batters
Date of Birth: 4/15/85

Occuptation:
Entrepreneur

UPS driver/small time weed dealer

Handsome. Sexy. Hot. Charming. Makes friends easy.

Russell is 6'1" and is currently sitting around 310. Very little of that is muscle. He masks his weak jaw with a massive, wiry beard. His hairline has already started to recede. He is covered in an assortment of tattoos

An opportunity to better myself and perhaps maybe, just maybe, help the world be a better place.

An easy paycheck

Bees, hornets, pollen, cats. Red dye in food. That dye they use in x-rays. I think Iím allergic to insulin or something, too. Iím lactose intolerant. Iím not too good with heights.

Friend at a party

Consumer Technology
Learning Systems
Medicine and Wellbeing
Physical Performance

I'm an entrepreneur. I like to do business and have consumers. Pretty simple.

Maybe I also got some questions about my body, too. I don't really have health insurance. Its whatever though.

Iím a big guy to know. Iím big in the party scene, nawím saying? You wanna have a good time, maybe get some fine rear end girls all up in yo poo poo, then you lemme know. Iím a facilitator of good times. I drink like a fish. I smoke like a chimney. Tolerance is super high. Iím just fun to be around. Iím the life of the party. People love me.

None.

Low physical fitness. Intense self doubt. Very poor body image. Tendency to overcompensate for lack of confidence. Very susceptible to peer pressure due to an eagerness to fit in. Self medicates anxieties with drugs and alcohol.

RUSS BATTERS

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

This... SUUUCKS

Ancillary information about family

I'm the youngest of three sisters, Erin is a year older than me and Debra's three. Dad was out of the picture by the time I was born, but I've only ever heard bad things about him so I don't think I missed out on much there. To be honest the three of us don't even think he's my dad. It's not just my hair being a different colour, something huge blew up between my parents to split them up to. So an affair would fit. Not that we ever really asked about it or anything.

So we were left with mum, and that worked out for a while. But by the time I was fifteen she wasn't really in the picture anymore either. Mum wasn't gone exactly but she was so disengaged from us that she might as well have been. I was still too young and at school but Erin and Debra were old enough for part time jobs to get by. So we started to look out for each other, and we've stayed just as close ever since.

One of the reasons I enlisted was because I wanted to provide for myself and stop being such a burden on Erin and Debra. But it wasn't to get away from them, I always tried to talk to them as much as I could when I was away or deployed. And they've been nothing but supportive since I've been discharged from service, the two of them help me out with pretty much everything. I'm still living in with Erin. Kinda funny how I just ended up back being a burden on my sisters, huh?

Aside from Erin and Debra there aren't that many people I'm really close to. Mum and dad are both still gone and forgotten. There are friends I made in the Marines, but it's been hard seeing them since I've been discharged. I used to have a boyfriend, but that was a couple years ago now. And it turned out he was cheating on me. That was a great surprised to come back to after getting blown up.

Robodog fucked around with this message at Jul 10, 2013 around 14:27

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

Name: Scott Turner
Date of Birth: 08/04/1979

Scott is an out-of-work actor and television presenter. He went through several minor TV roles as supporting cast members befoer finally landing a big role as a presenter of a long-running children's TV game show. Unfortunately, after a few years of this and other related children's TV jobs he was caught in a huge cocaine scandal two years ago. He 'resigned' citing 'a desire to find himself', but it was wide and obvious knowledge that he had infact been fired by the network. Since then he has been living off of his savings, but these are about to run out.

Light skinned, Indian-American. About 5'8, 150 pounds or so. A bit of beard. You've probably
seen me in a newspaper once or twice, to be honest.

A fresh start. A way to reinvent myself. And the money wouldn't go amiss.

Do you have any known allergies or intolerances to any food or medical products?:
I'm allergic to everything in the Capiscum family, so no peppers or chilis. Apart from that, nothing.

I was watching the news one morning and there was a report about a breakthrough in the science of addiction. Exegenex was
mentioned as one of the major players in the research behind the new treatments. Some liberal use of Google later and I
guess I was pretty hooked.

Consumer Technology
Learning Systems
Medicine and Wellbeing
Physical Performance

Probably not as groundbreaking as the other research programs, but my own take on it is ensuring a better quality of life
for all. Not just keeping people alive, but preparing them for the future. Body is a temple, after all.
I want to participate in the program because those are ideals I hold pretty dear now. And...as mentioned earlier, I have a small
cashflow problem at the moment.

For 'cashflow problem', read 'several thousand dollars owed to a cocaine dealer.'

I can embrace pretty much any role given to me and I'm a quick learner. I am very driven when it comes to fields I have a
personal investment in, and I would certainly be able to apply that to this research.

Beyond his money issues, Scott has a genuine desire to find a way to beat his cocaine addiction that does not require particular effort or investment, hence the desire for cutting-edge biomedical research.

In the past, I had many weaknessses. If you recognize my name you'll know what I mean. But those have been overcome.
Apart from that? Just serious claustrophobia that I've had since I was a child.

I've never played this system, but I've played a fair bit of D&D and should have no problem adjusting; I'd love to give it a go.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

I DON'T GIVE A gently caress, DOG

Name: RAMIREZ, XAVIER M.
Date of Birth: 8/8/1988

Occuptation:
0331 MACHINE GUNNER, LANCE CORPORAL, UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (RECENTLY HONORABLY DISCHARGED)

• OF MIXED MEXICAN/BLACK/WHITE DESCENT.
  • 72 INCHES, 218 LBS, LESS THAN 10% BODY FAT.
  • EXCELLENT PHYSICAL CONDITION, MAX SCORES ON PFT AND CFT.
  • BODY OF A GREEK GOD.

NOTHING.

NONE.

MY STAFF SERGEANT DID SOME TESTING FOR CASH AND TOLD US ABOUT IT.

Consumer Technology
Learning Systems
Medicine and Wellbeing

Physical Performance

• INCREASED STRENGTH, TOUGHNESS, AGILITY, SPEED.
  • IMPROVED RECOVERY TIME AND ENDURANCE.
  • ABILITY TO LIFT HEAVIER THINGS MORE OFTEN.
  • WANT TO SMASH THROUGH FITNESS WALLS AND FURTHER IMPROVE SELF.
  • GOAL: RUN 3 HOUR MARATHON, SQUAT 440 LBS, DEADLIFT 500 LBS, 100 PULL UPS.
  • NEED MONEY FOR SCHOOL SINCE TUITION ASSISTANCE WAS CUT.

• MARINE.
  • EXCELLENT MARKSMANSHIP. QUALIFIED EXPERT ON PISTOL, RIFLE, AND MACHINEGUN.
  • POTENTIAL FOR GREAT LEADERSHIP.
  • DEPLOYED TWICE TO AFGHANISTAN. PAKTIKA PROVINCE 2008 AND HELMAND PROVINCE 2010.
  • ABLE TO HANDLE STRESSFUL SITUATIONS WITH EASE.
  • EXCELLENT WITH SLEEP DEPRIVATION.
  • SPEAKS SOME ARABIC.

• UNMOTIVATED.
  • POOR MANNERS.
  • DIFFICULTY FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS.
  • SAID TO BE TERRIFYING.
  • MASTED MULTIPLE TIMES.
  • NO SKILLS OTHER THAN SHOOTING PEOPLE.
  • TOO STRONG.

X

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

Name: Harold Klein
Date of Birth: August 8th, 1968

Occuptation:

I'm an auditor for the IRS

I'm about 5 foot, 10, curly brown hair, and brown eyes with thin, wireframe glasses. I weigh about 150 pounds.

I know that Exegemex is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the United States, that it produces the anti-cholesterol drug Ripomax, and that it was active in the Human Genome Project and still is active in genome mapping.

I am lactose intolerant.

I saw your ad in the newspaper requesting test subjects. I've never done anything like this before, and always could use some extra money, so I applied.

Consumer Technology
Genetic Sampling and Profiling X
Learning Systems
Medicine and Wellbeing
Physical Performance

It's my understanding that this program analyzes the genome, looking for genetic markers linked to diseases and hereditary conditions, with the aim of detecting and repairing problems, as well as the use of genetics engineering to improve various plant and animal species.

I'm interested in this work because my wife died of a fatal genetic condition that, if it had been detected earlier, could have been treated.

I am intelligent, well organized and a logical thinker. I ran track in high school, and while I'm not in the kind of shape I was then, I try to stay physically fit.

I have a bit of a temper when I get frustrated or things don't go my way. I'm trying to get it under control.

Harold Klein

Background info not on the questionnaire:

Harold's wife died about 5 years ago of breast cancer. The cancer that she had had a genetic link, and, had she known this, and thereby had proper cancer screening, she might well have detected the cancer early enough to successfully fight it. Unfortunately, they were unable to detect the cancer until it metastasized, and she passed away. Harold did not take her death well, descending for some time into an alcoholic stupor. It was, he felt, preferable to dealing with his loss. This led his family and career to suffer, and he was only able to drag himself out of the bottle by coming to realize just how much it was hurting the people around him.

Harold has a 15 year old son named Isaac. He and his wife discussed bringing a child into this world for some time before Isaac was born. Complicating matters was the fact that Harold is a carrier of the gene that causes Tay Sachs. Even though his wife was not a carrier, and there was no danger of his children being born with the disease, the decision to reproduce still lay heavily on their heads. Was it fair, they wondered, to take the risk of passing the gene down to their children, and thereby force their son or daughter to face the same dilemma that they were facing? The whole situation made Harold question his fitness to be a parent.

Harold has a sister that he's not too close to, but they see each other for holidays. She has a number of children. Harold's mother died, but his father remarried, giving him, at the age of 38, a stepmother and stepsiblings.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at Jul 9, 2013 around 05:38

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

Lots of nice and fun looking apps so far! I'm going to feel really awful next week when I have to turn quite a few of you away.

Also in case anyone is wondering, there is no right or wrong answer to any of the questions. They're basically there for me to get a handle on personalities and characters.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Name: Victoria "Vicky" Sanders
Date of Birth: 12/5/1990

Unemployed. They're aren't that many jobs out there for history majors in the current economy.

5ft 7 inches, black hair, skin that burns on exposure to direct sunlight for more than half a day. Pretty average looking really.

Well I've done a little research on you guys. Word is you got your start in the cold war doing bio-weapons research for the army. Beyond that according to some science geek friends I talked to you were a big part of the Human Genome Project and that these days Exgenex is one of the top two or three companies that do research on new medical technology.

I have a nut allergy, It can get pretty severe at times, If I'm not careful about what I eat. Luckily most things these days are marked to show they contain nuts but I've had a few bad reactions.

I was doing the usual rounds of the various job websites as part of my daily routine and one of your ads popped up looking for medical test subjects. I figured hell money's money and it's not as if there are people beating a path to my door to throw jobs at me.

Consumer Technology
Learning Systems
Medicine and Wellbeing
Physical Performance

I figure it's all about why certain people are genetically predisposed to illness or even allergies. (see the personal reference there). I mean the first company that comes up with a way to eliminate heredity illness in the genetic code is going to make trillions. If I can help push the science further along that path I think I'll have accomplished something worthwhile. The nice pay-check doesn't hurt either

I'm a pretty good analyst. Give me a topic of some kind to research or a difficult question and I'll dig away. Come back a week later and I'll have your answers.

I have terrible tunnel vision when it comes to any sort of project. If I have a problem to solve I'll focus on it to the detriment of all else. Including important things like maintaining a social life.

V,Sanders

Never played this system before but I'm always up for a good superhero game.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!

Sarah Winters - Mother, Housewife, British

Name: Sarah Jessica Winters
Date of Birth: 17th July 1964

Occuptation:
Unemployed. House wife. Mother of three (Jessica 16, Andrew 12 Former owner of SJ boutiques in South London

Five foot seven brunette, hazel eyes, half british half spanish descent. Well toned thanks to numerous training videos (Katie Perry Workout video, and Insanity workout video). A lady of a mature age, but not quite yet fifty.

Exgenex Incorporated were the poiners of the X20X drug responsible for curing my daughter of Inceptosimia. The drug was not to be released to the public due to testing difficulties, but thanks to a campaign that I was part of, it is now on the perscription list of doctors everywhere.

Allergic to nuts, hay fever sufferer, and bad company.

A week after X20X was released from its legal holdings, I received a message in the mail thanking me for my support, and that they would be willing to fund my daughterís condition free of charge. After a few months of this, I wanted to help out whenever I could, and I heard about their biomedical research facilty from another employee there. With more candidates willing to apply for testing, more drugs could be available for future generations.

Medicine and Wellbeing

For too long many mothers like myself watch our children waste away. Sometimes from disease, sometimes from delusions that they exist in a dream within a dream within a dream. If we are to help our kids become better people in the world, then we need to make sacrifices to ensure this future happens. I have spent far too long watching my daughter waste herself away in a bed to not attempt to be part of whatever it is that Exegenex is doing, and if my little old mothery self can ensure that no one else goes through what I have this last decade, then I have done right by the world.

I am a fantastic cook capable of creating the perfect dishes for the perfect occasion. Organisation comes easy to me, being part british and all. I am also quite a charming (and happily married) lady who is raising three lovely children, and if you do not think that is an acomplishment than frankly my dear you have never met a child in your life. Also I am a perfect hairdresser, and a lovely wife to my dear husband.

I have a very low tolerance for people who cannot understand equitette, how hard can it be to simply say Ďpleaseí and ĎThank youí every now and then? I also do not suffer fools and jokers willing to do anything for a laugh. Children always come first in every action that I take, and I will never put them in danger or risk. Although I am quite posh if I must admit it myself (I grew up in Banstead you know), people who do not know how to treat children should frankly be shot. If I hear anyone telling me they judge children by hearing their last name, I will see to it that they never speak in my presence again. I also do not like nuts, as they make me break out in hives.

SJW

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Name: Megan P. Harrison
Date of Birth: 10/15/1992

Occuptation: Student
NYU Class of 2014, BA Music

So I dyed my hair for a show and decided I liked it.

Didn't you guys make my phone?

Nope! I don't do drugs either! Except alochol. Or caffine. Those don't count, though, right?

There was a flyer at the student center and, hey, a girl needs some summer dollars. It's not as if gigs pay that much.

Consumer Technology
Learning Systems
Medicine and Wellbeing
Physical Performance

I gotta think being stronger better and faster would be good for performing. I can go an evening but those long trans-manhattan tours weekends can totally drain you. Konnie says I'm too energetic anyway but she has no idea.

Oh, well I'm a total trouper. I mean I can play and play and write and perform and you know, even when you're doing it in stilettos or with a pulled strumming arm or whatever, you gotta just suck it up, and I do!

People tell me I'm unfocused, but I don't think that's so true. I just like to focus on my music. I guess if I just don't care to focus on things other people care about that makes me seem unfocused.

Some OOC Info
Meg is the lead guitarist for New York area band Gypsy Widow, along with lead singer and bestie Konnie and Nat and Steph. She's an energetic rocker with relatively little sense of responsibility and a distinct interest in having fun. In her big secret, she's actually the scion of the incredibly WASPy Harrison family, maintained in her lifestyle with the understanding she not actually embarrass the family. Meg chafes against some of the obligations and sees the Exegenex research project as a way to get some cash of her own, beyond the nearly non-existent gig money. Note that Meg is actually borrowed from a previous powers game, in which she was a speedster.

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at Jul 7, 2013 around 16:32

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

I also regged an IRC channel, #Exegenex on SynIRC for any who care to join.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

Okay, I've had a few people ask me for some feedback, about the only I can think of directly right now is Pez. I am not sure what to do with your character and more problematically, really who and what your character is. While I do not object specifically to someone playing a handicapped person this is not a game I wish to do it in. The idea behind the character creation process here, is to come up with a person. One of the key elements of the game will be people adapting to sudden new powers and changes, so I'm looking for more realistic and relatable characters for that person. As it is I would be very unlikely to pick your app right now. If you are still interested in playing I'd suggest you think of something else. Jump on #Exegenex if you can, if I'm not around others can probably help you out.

Here is some general feedback for people.

Do you have any dependants, are you dependant on anyone?
Some characters are elderly, one or two have mentioned children or parents. Part of the game may involve some very isolating changes, both physically and culturally. What would the consequences of you being separated from these people for potentially weeks be? For those of you who haven't mentioned your families, you might want to think about this. No one needs to put any serious thought into this yet, but if you're prepared it gets the game moving quicker.

Be careful with making a character with specific powers in mind.
A number of people seem to be obviously leaning to certain powers. While I don't mind a character with a general theme in mind being submitted, if I have five people who all obviously want super strength I am only going to pick one of them. Or maybe I'll pick something else. Don't pigeon hole yourself into a single power concept, and remember in game I'll be making sure no-one has the some powers within reason. We're not going to have two Bricks or Mentalists.

You can pick multiple categories if you want.
Yes it's okay, they're not a guaranteed set of powers in any case and a number have overlap. It's mostly there as a personality indicator as well, so if more than one applies go for it.

Here are the categories and choices so far for anyone curious:

Consumer Technology 5
Genetic Sampling and Profiling 6
Learning Systems 4
Medicine and Wellbeing 7
Physical Performance 7

Pez
Feb 27, 2002

I wasn't going for handicapped per se, more inbred circus dullard, but I understand. Let me sleep on it and I'll think up something more workable tomorrow.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

Ah okay, well it didn't come across to me that way and something more serviceable in mainstream society may be more fun for you, and easier for me to work with.

Pez
Feb 27, 2002

It's my fault for using my silly City of Heroes experience to base my first M&M character on

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Relatives, Dependents, and Personal History Foo

Samantha Miller's immediate family is more than a little dysfunctional. Her mother (Amanda Miller, nee Walters) was a good sort, but her father (Joseph) was one of those controlling types; Amanda did her best to ensure that her kids had a regular life, but Joseph was the kind of guy who did things like 'set a ridiculously early curfew and forbid his daughter from going to the mall because the girls there dress like sluts,' that kind of thing. Basically, Sam spent her childhood waiting to get out of her house so she could go to college and experience some freedom for the first time in her life. And she did, and it was awesome, right up until Amanda passed away from complications due to cervical cancer. Her father refused to keep paying for her to go to school, but she wasn't about to go back home, so she set out for <INSERT NAME OF GAME'S CITY SETTING HERE> to start a new life for herself.

She got a job as a waitress and proved to be pretty good at it; she sends about half of her tips back home to her little brothers, Joseph Jr. and Aaron, but most of it usually ends up confiscated by her father, who's taken to drinking a bit and has become bitter and (more) misanthropic. Still, she tries.

Of her extended family, she's only really close to her cousin Chloe, who gave her a couch to crash on when she first moved to <INSERT CITY> and then put in a good word with her landlord before she moved to do postgraduate work in Alaska (she's studying erosion of habitats for some kind of fish or something), and her Aunt Marie, Chloe's mother (Amanda's sister), who sends her care packages of brownies and cleaning supplies and paperback novels every so often.

Should Samantha get superpowers of some variety or another and her old man finds out about it, he will almost certainly attempt to take monetary advantage somehow (even if it's just giving interviews on tabloid TV talking about what an ungrateful wretch she was growing up), and while she doesn't like her father at all... she does still love him, and really won't be able to bring herself to stop him, in all likelihood.

Basically her history is designed to evoke the whole 'powerless person comes into power' story-archetype; every time Sam's gotten a little taste of freedom and power in her life it's been pulled out from under her, and she's just the right combination of damaged and naive and worldly to make her interesting to me. I could honestly care less what powers she gets; it's the notion of power that will make her interesting, not the specifics thereof.

Alouicious
Feb 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Personal Stuff

Joe doesn't really keep in touch with the family. His entire extended family ain't even in the same country, and his immediate family aren't really too keen on him. He lives away from home, in an apartment shared by 3 other people. His parents were never really strict traditionalists or nothin' like that, but Joe thinks they kinda resent him for westernizing so quickly. They also think he was a bad influence on his younger sister, who he rarely sees anymore, if ever. His roommates aren't exactly friends, per se, but they put up with him not being able to hold down a job and pay rent as long as he picks up around the place and keeps it looking nice. He's been looking into temp work, but hasn't gotten any calls from the agency.

Poison Mushroom
Sep 30, 2009

[Warning: I get way too dark and melodramatic about a fat old white guy's past.]

Harold Anderson's Family
Harold's first ex-wife left him for the gardener, and he hasn't heard from her since. His second ex-wife, and the mother of his daughter, managed to stay in a marriage with him a whole four years until he grew bored of her and 'went elsewhere'. She left, and took their child with her, though Mr. Anderson's insistence on a pre-nup kept him rich and her... not. Their daughter grew up with her mother suffering to keep a family afloat, and her father buying her affection. It worked for a time, until she became old enough to understand just how flawed of a person he is, and exactly why they split up. Their relationship is... 'strained'.

When her first son was stillborn because of a congenital heart defect, he was thrown into a tailspin. There was nothing doctors, or the hospital, or anyone could do. And there would have been no way to tell if the child had it until it was too late, even if they had been looking for it. In short, Harold's grandson was doomed to die before he was born. For the first time in his life, Harold's run into a problem that money can't fix. And it is profoundly distressing.

Izzy
Mar 22, 2010

Gibbering in the Void

Family & Friends

In some ways, the isolation has already started for Jeff. He doesn't even like thinking about the sorry state of his health, let alone talking about it. Most people know that he's seriously ill, but he's hidden just how bad he is from almost everyone. Even his parents don't know the truth; he's their only child, and he can't bring himself to tell them. He assures both his parents and his friends that they caught the disease early enough, that it'll go into remission once the treatment takes effect. He knows he won't be able to hide the truth for much longer with the chemo taking its toll though, and he hasn't figured out what to do when it finally comes out.

Much to his surprise however, he's found that his illness has had the opposite effect on the last person he expected: his ex-wife. Sarah left him five years before, tired of waiting for the right time to have kids, tired of supporting his failed attempts at a successful journalism career, tired of putting her own dreams on hold. He took the divorce hard, and never really got over her. Then, two weeks ago, driven by impulsiveness and self-pity, he called her. One thing led to another, and now Sarah's the only one who knows the truth. They talk almost every day now. It's clumsy and awkward, hardly like old times, but he's just glad to hear her voice again.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

zachol posted:

Name: Linda Reyls

Addendum: Tell us briefly about your family and any friends you may have.
I am very popular! However, I do have enough self-awareness to know that my popularity and leadership skills haven't necessarily attracted real friends. I had a boyfriend in high school, Brent Calloway, but we separated at the end instead of trying to do some long-distance relationship, and I haven't had time for much in the way of socializing at college.
My parents are Theodore and Rebecca Reyls. They met during a business conference or something in their mid 20's. They're alright, I guess? Like, parents. And I'm an only child.
Christina Sahlman takes a couple as the same classes as me and we sit together and work on things together a lot. Sometimes we eat lunch together. Marisa Krouse is my roommate. We don't have much in common and she's "punk" or whatever but she's also not overtly hostile. Also she's a history geek which is kind of silly. :3

Pez
Feb 27, 2002

I went back and edited out my original guy and made up a new one on the same basic theme. If it's still not what you need, no hard feelings, I'll still follow your game with much interest. I've wanted to try M&M for a while now.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

Your new guy is much better, he has hooks for Complications and feels like a person I could write for and around.

I am really not looking to picking people.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

HiKaizer posted:

Your new guy is much better, he has hooks for Complications and feels like a person I could write for and around.

I am really not looking to picking people.

Worst case scenario, use a random number generator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Family and Friends

Well, for starters I'm a local girl. My family has lived in <insert game city here> for generations. I'm an only child but my dad and mom both come from pretty big families so I've plenty of relatives scattered around the city. I'm the first member of my family to go to university which certainly annoyed a few of the clan but my parents were very supportive. oh, you want their names? ok... its Michael Sanders and Isabella Sanders nee Cuccinello.

Hmm, friends guess I didn't make too many friends when I was away at uni. I was too homesick and focused on my work. I suppose the only real friend I still have contact with is Sam Cartwright we went through elementary and grade school together but where I headed off to the bright lights and educational heights of <insert neighbouring city> she decided to go in for police training. Last I heard she'd finished her training and gotten an assignment to the <insert game city here> PD. We still keep in touch and hopefully we'll have a chance to meet up again.

The idea here is that Vicky has family scattered all over the city who can do favours for her if need be. However she also has family scattered all over the city who'll expect her to do favours for them. I sure can't see a single plot hook there ^^

«4 »