Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STFU Pumpkinhead
Jun 25, 2000

Exit Strategy posted:

I have reached the point where I figure gently caress getting 4s. I only stock R7 and R8, dump one of each on a portal and let some other person get the fill-and-link AP. I'm primarily a unit organizer and breaker of things blue.

So when I see a portal with one R8 or one each of R8 & R7, should I assume that someone's doing the same thing? AP ceases to mean anything once you get to level 8, correct? I've been filling those portals with resonators and linking the poo poo out of them but I've felt like I'm doing something wrong to someone else's work.

Have they ever discussed raising the level cap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STFU Pumpkinhead
Jun 25, 2000

Is there any effective configuration for a L5 portal that won't get immediately stomped by a level 8 player? L8s seem to be gods that can roam and destroy with impunity.

STFU Pumpkinhead
Jun 25, 2000

What do I do with hundreds of X1s?

Am I missing something simple when it comes to inventory management? There doesn't appear to be a way to multi-select or select quantities of items.

STFU Pumpkinhead
Jun 25, 2000

Maker Of Shoes posted:

To be honest, anything after 8 is only really enjoyable by playing with other people. Solo is a boring grind after that.

This. I'm ~100 links from level 9 but holy poo poo was that more of a slog than 1-8. I remember someone (this thread?) saying they played by leveling to hit 8 only to abandon & start a new character, rinse, repeat. That's probably significantly more fun than going for badges. I like Ingress, but that MMO-esque grind is tiring.

Has there been any announcement of a release date for EndGame?

STFU Pumpkinhead
Jun 25, 2000

I've been playing Ingress for well over a year and just now found out about two huge things I had been missing:

When firing an xmp, hold down the fire button until the swirling particles all converge on the arrow indicating your position. If you time it right you'll get a 20% bonus to damage. If you time it wrong you STILL get a bonus to damage, just at a lower percentage.

When you tap on a portal from the main screen it brings up the standard portal info pane. The key indicator up in the right corner that tells you if you have the portal's key is a button. Push it for the easy way to drop & farm keys.

Mind blown. Any other tips or tricks that you guys have run across?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STFU Pumpkinhead
Jun 25, 2000

eddiewalker posted:

You've held down the "hack" button to see what happens, right?

Yeah, and actually have gotten really good at the hacking game. Some of the "phrases" get used again and again.

spiny posted:

tap the picture on the portal screen to get more info on the portal (if anyone has added any) AND then tap the camera icon to take a new photo - there is about a 2 week turnaround on photo submissions, and you get 500AP for each one. THEN, once it's accepted, scroll through the pics and click the 'like' icon - the pic with the most 'likes' is used as the main portal pic in intel and the scanner.

Excellent, thanks!

• Locked thread