Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

The main character from Love Hina was consistently awful.

It was a very bad show which served as one of the earliest shows I saw of anime, but I can't even watch it any more.

I remember the anime considerably less than I do the manga, but from what I recall the former cuts out the part of the latter where Keitaro actually has an arc and stops being a complete loser (or, I suppose, becomes a different kind of loser since he basically starts picking up Seta's habits).

Also Love Hina is by no definition a high school slice of life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

MadRhetoric posted:

High school in Japan dictates college in Japan, which dictates the rest of your life in Japan. As an individual, your life really does end once you hit the workforce.

That's the general sentiment of those who manage to sidestep that life. Uni is a piss break between high school and real life; it's seen as more a status symbol/key to getting a good job than an actual experience to be treasured.
And people wonder why Japan has one of the world's highest suicide rates.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

I believe so. Otherwise the penis pics someone from 4chan sent the author or artist would have been doubly weird.

I remember the thread where this happened. At first we thought the guy was kidding, as is typically the case. He was not. It is rare to see genuine disgust on /a/, but it sure was there in that thread!

As for the show itself, the fact that the ending has her loving vomiting mid-song tells me that they know what they are doing with this, so I'm pretty hyped.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I kept waiting for someone to shout "WHAT UP PEOPLE" but, much to my disappointment, it did not happen.

That OP is amazing.

• Locked thread