Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Raenir Salazar posted:

Aw man this episode ended with Tomoko just getting poo poo on. :(

I was actually all :unsmith: when it seemed like her friend is actually *still* maybe her friend on the inside and willing to hang out with her, but then the revelation that the only reason she's doing so is because of ~relationship troubles~ and otherwise hasn't at all kept in contact on off days and probably won't otherwise give her the time of day is just depressingly unfair. :smith:

Though the manga picture made her happy, even if it was probably the dude phoning it in. :unsmith:

For the inexperienced, throwing up because you overate, which is what I assume the cause this episode to be, is extremely painful and feels extremely debilitating.

e: I haven't read the manga yet, so I don't know if she sees her friend more after this or not, its less depressing if so.
In the manga

As Yuu said she would like to get together again and they have done so but it's rare and does not happen too often. They mainly stay in touch through text messages.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well she had at least 2 friends in middle school. (One of which hated her because she was a massive bitch to her.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think the song at the end was sung by Hatsune Miku.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Also, with the manga, I'm calling it now: the rival was Yuu-chans previous best friend and blames Tomoko for 'stealing' her only friend and on top of that not even realizing it.

You can actually find more info on this if you look at the spin off. She is a character in it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think this is the first time the show has ever brought tears to my eyes over how pathetic she was.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I am guessing the Lyrics for the Yuu version are happy given that they are different from the Tomoko version.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wow just read the newest spinoff chapter Tomoko finds out that Komiyama's dad died when she was young. She asks if he committed suicide right off the bat.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dehry posted:

Chapter 60:

It's Cousin time again :getin:

E: Also, only 4 more months until the OVA.

Man Tomoko is always super pathetic when she is with Kii. Also she was considering beating her up but did not because she thought she could lose which is kind of horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Even though she was a jerk the entire time and tried to hit her cousin with a bike.

• Locked thread