Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Phobophilia posted:

Ugh I guess I was in a pissy mood. He or she is making fun of the /a/'s dick.

"It was so small and malformed that I couldn't even tell what it was at first!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Killer Queen posted:

The only way I can see anyone liking the Watamote anime is if they have low standards and just want to see it barely animated. Never trust Shin Oonuma.

Hey, if I can stand to watch those dreadful 3-minute shows that look like they were animated in Flash by someone who barely knew what they were doing, I can stand to watch pretty much anything.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
That was a great first episode, loved every minute of it.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
I seriously CANNOT WAIT for the episodes with her cousin.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Captain Invictus posted:

And I don't really pay attention to Mel Brooks. Mind telling me what it is?

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Fat_Cow posted:

It's not like the show can make me cringe even more than it already has.

O~hohohoho!

It will get worse, so very much worse, and it will be glorious.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

DrSunshine posted:

It always feels like at any moment she is on the verge of just flipping out and strangling someone.

Except that she'd be too embarrassed to actually, physically touch another person.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Fat_Cow posted:

:shepicide: It gets worse and worse.

Yes. Yessssssssssssssss.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
I think it's hilarious [and deeply unpleasant] that her thoughts when around Yuu are almost always creepily sexual in nature.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Fred Dawes posted:

The ED reminded me of a Touhou parody with the same song. I hope the comedic quality doesn't drop off after 5 or 6 episodes, it's easily one my favorite anime this season.

Oh no, there's at least one more utterly amazing episode still yet to be produced.

The episode where Tomoko's younger cousin comes to visit.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Robert Denby posted:

I can't imagine what would be more discomforting to sit through; a flash-forward when Tomoko has discovered alcohol, or the live action version of this being directed by Todd Solondz.

I was gonna say Lars von Trier.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
Oh look, a Kotaku click-bait article! Never seen one of those before! :v:

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Kotaku's anime articles are universally awful, so this is just par for the course.

See also: "Sword Art Online is the smartest anime I've seen in years!"

Bonus: It was written by the same person.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Minarchist posted:

:goonsay:

Jesus. At least with Tomoko she just stared stupidly and wasn't caught uh...in the act.

I think that's what makes Watamote's moment so much more uncomfortable. NHK's is so over the top and ridiculous that it's just comes across as really funny and goofy. On the other hand, Watamote perfectly captures that deer-in-headlights moment that just won't end.

Great Rumbler fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 23, 2013

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

jonjonaug posted:

Well the episode preview for the next episode is up and it is indeed the Kii-chan episode.

Ready your pause buttons cause this is gonna be a wild ride of cringes.

My reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
This episode was every bit as great as I hoped it would be! The only bad thing is that they'll never be able to top this one, there's just no way.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Zogundar posted:

Anyone know if it's doing well enough that we'll see another season in a couple of years or so? Too early to say?

Hopefully it's doing well, but it kinda seems like the sort of show that would be a bit of hard sell for multiple seasons.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
"Now I feel even more alone!"

dem feels :smithfrog:

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
The final episode should feature Tomoko as a twenty-something NEET posting on message boards all day and ranting at the mailman whenever he comes by her house.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
Please make a second season please.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
For me, it's probably a toss up between WATAMOTE and Flowers of Evil. Kill la Kill may ultimately carry the day, however.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
Like Flowers of Evil before it, WATAMOTE anime was too good for this world.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

MadRhetoric posted:

The most interesting thing about that is Japan giving a poo poo about a series' popularity in non-Japan markets outside of "huh, that's a thing".

National pride, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Zogundar posted:

On the meta spoiler:
Is that really what she said? She did the Harry Potter spoiler thing? I don't believe it. That has to be a localization.

Deathly Hallows Part 2 was the #1 movie in Japan for all of 2011, to the tune of $125 million.

• Locked thread