Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh god, it's this thing again. :psyduck:

I disagree with the idea of Tomoko acting like this just cause she's a dork. Some of her behavior seems to veer straight into psychosis territory. I mean who the gently caress does things like look for alcoves to sleep in and set up a gimmicky point system to make yourself less pathetic?

Me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Dude, this goes way past social anxiety. Tomoko is loving pissed off at her situation and expresses her frustration in awkward and frankly kind of scary way. She has terrible hosed up views, has no concept of self-reflection, casually threatens suicide at the smallest thing, is totally clueless about simple concepts like "don't say things that could piss other people off", injects creepy sexuality into every thought she has, has really loving stupid ideas, and just sorta comes off as the typical rear end in a top hat sociopath stereotype.

This is like if being pathetic were considered a mental illness. And I guarantee you that a whoooooooooooole lot of people are exactly like her, more than you think. I'd even estimate about 10% of the population. That whole thing about people seeing themselves in her? Yeah, I'd wager that's more true than you think.

It's hilarious how hosed up she is (even if it is pretty dark), but even then I suspect the popularity of this series is cause of all the pathos and catharsis from watching her flail her way through life as opposed to "haha she's so hosed up".

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

loving figures that Tomoko runs a Black deck.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jesus christ, that episode. From the intro merging into the OP, the getting put in the middle of the classroom, Tomoko loving off to go play video games in some dusty corner during lunch, getting your club idea PUBLICLY rejected by the student council, the delusional tea party friendship, and that defeated slump at the end, that was one hell of a show. :unsmigghh:

nthing the feeling bad for tomoko thing :smith: doesnt help that it hits too close to home sometimes

edit: <--- memorialized

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 15, 2013

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

How did you get unbanned?

• Locked thread