Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
My cat doesn't like being blown on.

In seriousness, pronouncing it ant instead of aunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
I am actually just a sentient program made to shitpost, and am still getting my human speed calibration down.
Petty impotent nerd slapfights.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

Geokinesis posted:

People who have British/English flags in their gardens, reeks of OTT patriotism/nationalism.

On this, bumper stickers. All of them. I don't even register the political affiliation they are obnoxiously flaunting. Emblems and personalized decals aren't much higher.

(the exception is the "I beat my kid with my other kid" one some goon made)

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

Eh! Frank posted:

That reminds me, I hate it when somebody finds out I'm on antidepressants, and their response is "What do *you* have to be depressed about?"

Yeah, this one, too. Which leads me to people who use depression interchangeably with sad or frustrated.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
If you kill the Joe, you make some mo'

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

Sunshine89 posted:

I lied- one more: the whole "tee hee, I'm too cute to make a decision/ 'scool, I'm too laid-back to make a decision" thing. Good god, I can understand deferring a decision, but there is nothing cute or chill about never giving a direct answer to "what do you want to do", especially if you're going to make passive aggressive hints or mope after a decision has been made.

This is the most aggravating thing. When I ask "what you are in the mood for?" it is because I am deferring the decision from my lack of preference and wish to avoid the frustration of where we eat! This is made worse when it is turned back around and no decision gets made until we end up going some place that is awful. This happens at least once a week at work.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Along this line, when people get really, really personal about the music you like - I've known at least three people who've gotten worked up about the fact that I love We Are Young and try to talk me out of it, like I'm about to jump off a building ledge. The same thing happened with Somebody That I Used To Know. It's a rad song and I'm not a cultureless heathen for liking it.

Right now, there's someone reading the thread fuming and trying to figure out how to write the attack as a pet peeve.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

quote:

People who take the Handicap parking spot because 'I'm just gonna be a minute.' Too bad. There's 500 other spaces. You don't need the one made for someone who can barely walk.

Opposite this, back when I worked near a pharmacy the only people I saw use these spots were old people going in to buy cigarettes. I understand the idea, but in application they spend most of the time empty.

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
People who say infer when they actually should be saying imply should have their head held down on train tracks.

Figure of speech, y'all!

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008
If murderers had to give up their hands in order to kill someone we'd see a lot less of those. Serial killing would top out at two and it'd be pretty clear to everyone who the real killer was as they fumble with the doorknob when they try to escape the police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormageddon
Jan 16, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

Another pet peeve that I've only started noticing recently, people who ride a bike without a helmet.

That bothers me too, but I figure it's a problem that eventually works itself out.

• Locked thread