Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I agree with most of the cons, particularly the poor writing and seriously anti-climatic ending. The pros outshone it for me, however. I was horrendously tense for a significant portion of this film, which is something I rarely get even from much better horror/action movies. The best thing about it, however, are those few attempts to show the varying international responses to a zombie outbreak. Innovative plans like the North Korean operation dentist, Israeli wall building and the US flotilla provide ideas about the macro scale that are sorely missing from most zombie films, and they were what made this film interesting for me. That said, this angle could have been fleshed out a heck of a lot more if they had cut out some of the tedious family scenes and reduced some of the lengthier action sequences. I am really bummed they decided to cut the film short before tackling the more organised international response to Zombiepocalypse, but in the hope of having that part fulfilled (and in the vain hope that maybe Karen and the kids will die off unemotionally) I will watch the sequel when it arrives.

3.5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU