Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

mottbag posted:

Historical Battles are so fun, why don't more people queue for them :negative:

Because the majority of people don't find them fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Karmalis posted:

A more accurate translation would be:

Heh, you're an idiot.
Can't even shoot down or what?

Just tell them you don't speak Chinese and move on.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Thief posted:

Killed his B17 pilot in one pass in my Zero. :japan:

http://www.twitch.tv/jj__jonas/b/429652173 @ 1hour 40min

The only redeeming factor about this guy, is his hat.

Well played. I guess you lit his fire.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

I bombed to complete my low level german stuff to the 109.

Never bought the italian planes until much later.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

We are operating along similar paths I see, no amnesty for Panchito, secure the pole first.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

A breakthrough for me has been learning how to aim. The lead indicator really only shows you a hint for how to aim. Lots of time I find myself needing to aim many inches in front of that lead indicator on my screen depending on if the plane is turning or not. Doing this has made me go from about 3 kills a game, with many planes, to getting 10 kills, and not dying at all.

It's a guide, but you should really be judging your own shots and bullets. I think this is why HB players feel so superior in Arcade.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Demerzel posted:

Wow I was grinding planes up to tier 5-6 and getting owned and starting to burn out, saw a stream where the guy was just hanging out in tier 2-3, so I made a full lineup of russian heavy fighters/early bombers Pe3/Early, BB-1 and the 2 Su-2 and having a blast in tier 2-3 again. The early bombers are still agile enough to get in the middle of things but tough enough to survive, have a handful of bombs for hard ground targets and most of them have 1 or 2 gunners in the back so you get tons of assists just banking around a valley.

If you're burning out give it a shot, it's a lot of fun!

This is how I've been leveling my level 15 russians.

Equipping all the Su-2's and IL-2's and bombing everything. Getting me 35-40k with a win.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

As long as those prices for components stay as lions instead of eagles, I'm alright with it.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

If you plan on playing this game for more than 3 months with premium, you better cough up the 365 day subscription.

Because that's an amazing deal. Was hoping for exp conversion discount, but oh well. With a year of premium, I can get more exp.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It tells me that album is empty. Is this a Caribbean island thing? Sorry you've been lonely without me az.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

The Droid posted:

I managed to save the pictures of the new planes from earlier before the album got taken down. http://imgur.com/a/V7So3 As for my views on it, I've joked about the Yak 9k in the past put the fact that they're actually adding it at tier 9 is horrifying. :suicide:

If the 9T is at 8, then it makes sense to put this at 9. What doesn't make sense is the nonstop addition of Russian planes. And Russia is my primary nation.

It's nice to see some more american jets but they aren't doing anything to help you earn them.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Anyone see the screen shot of the 109 F4 getting the 3x20mm cannon attachment. Why is there even a need to play higher tiers? It has since been taken down.

Also aren't we already paying for weapon and ammo reloads?

Been in the airports all day have had plenty to follow and read.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Thief posted:

Someone changed -GO- to [GO].

This is incorrect.

After experimenting with clan tags, I think we should go with a simple Gold Eagle symbol. When people ask what it is, you can say we're premium only. Imagine the tears.

Absolutely this needs to be done.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

I find that, in Arcade, carrying rockets on planes that can equip it should never be a choice.

With the lust for ramming and head to head encounters from suicidal opponents, it's nice to let out a flurry of rockets to remind them of their mistake and pad a few extra kills.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Considering the optimum hours of play for me are between 9:30PM and 12:00AM EST, mumble isn't always the best option for myself. I have roommates who disagree with noises at night, even if it is just me talking at my computer. I'm still on, but I have other people than myself to be aware of while I'm playing. I still go on every day around that time.

As long as you aren't playing in your top bunk, I think either your roommate need to man up a bit or as az said, just wear the headphones and sign in. You can squad up, benefit from having 3 other people on your team not suck and at least hear where you're going and follow along together. You don't have to be "red leader".

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Well, I happen to have a Logitech chilling in my basement from Star Wars Galaxies. Though I absolutely suck at historical, so I doubt I'll have much fun making it harder in FRB.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Vahakyla posted:

I am online right now, will teach anyone and walk through. Applies to anyone. GET INTO MUMBLE YOU ASPIRING FRB PILOTS! Now!

Just tried to set up my joystick, it wiped out all my regular settings. I guess I should have saved first... thought it would toggle back and forth as I switched the mode. Going to play for fun right now, perhaps you'll still be on later.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Well, they finally got me.

Not only did I stupidly waste money on the Yak 15P last night, I put it in the wrong crew slot and now the discounts have hit. Burned. Normally I'm doing the market speculation burning. What a sucker am I.

Wow, you weren't kidding about China either. Downloaded that quick. Really interesting. Lots of China, the Hungarian Army... and even Ernst & Young... people downloading this at work or something?

Update coming at 1.5 MB/s.

jownzy fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Aug 7, 2013

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Well, played around with this shortly before going to work. Happy for some new planes, and I guess a new system, it just seems like I have to pay an awful lot of credits to upgrade my planes that were already fully upgraded at the time.

Also, what's with the decals? It's like they reset more than half of them and put challenges associated to them.

I feel like I should have received some lions to cover the upgrade costs on some of my favorite planes, because now they aren't performing as well and I have to pay credits to make them what they were.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

mlmp08 posted:

Does it at least leave things you already bought like "upgraded engine" in place, but open up other options like fuel, etc or is it a total reset of your upgrades?

I wouldn't say it's a reset, it's more of an addition. So you may have bought an engine or polished the fuselage, but there are now other "engine" and "fuselage" updates that are required to bring the plane back.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Arcsquad12 posted:

So would that mean that my plane will fly worse than it was in the last patch? Or will the upgrades just make it fly "better"?

I may be interpreting this wrong, but based on the sliders that I'm guessing reveal a MIN/MAX of what the stats on my planes "could" be... my plane is doing worse than before the patch and after I upgrade all the components I imagine it will be at least as good as before.

I doubt that they're buffing every single planes stats.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

I haven't tried the new Lagg's yet, but the Lagg-3 at tier 4 was a beast. I can't imagine the 2 new ones at tier 3 both with the same arms not being completely beast.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

I don't know, even though I've loaded out my 109-F4's... they seem to be flying much better than before, and wow, they're like mini-Dora's.

I haven't died in one yet post patch.

Flew the P-47, I think they finally fixed the flight models. I am not really impressed with the new M2 brownings though. They don't seem to kill any better than before.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

My only gripe about the patch is, not only did we pay more for the planes we had and gained experience on, after the patch we had to buy all the upgrades over again.

For new planes, sure it's great and evens out with the reduced purchase price. It's annoying to go into every single plane you have and have to buy all the upgrades to make it what it once was. They should have auto-bought that for existing planes, considering you spent more on the plane, and the "upgraded engine and ammos".

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

When I now hover over the buying screen for components, over secondary slot.

It shows me cannons as being 1/30 and in red. When I click on it it wants me to "rebuy them" for like 10k lions.

What's the deal with this? Do the secondary pods make you pay after a certain amount of games reload? I thought the ammo was automatically bought.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

I just spent like 30k lions to reload my gun pods on 3 planes.

Perfect. Forget repair cost, better not fire your weapons. Better not enter the game unless you're full too.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Generation Internet posted:

"Condition: Used"

You don't say.

Can we pay this Nazi in Golden Eagles?

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Arcsquad12 posted:

What is it with this game's patcher that completely messes with my internet connection after I am finished downloading something? It only seems to happen when I'm updating the game, not when I'm downloading anything else.

As mentioned previously, it's a torrent based download.

Download the blocker mentioned a few pages back, and watch your connection soar.

Easily gave me an extra MB a second downloading.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

mlmp08 posted:

I think most of the people REALLY mad about the upgrade costs fly Arcade and die a lot, using a stable of 5 or so planes in drat near every tier. This means they feel all of those planes need to be maxxed, as opposed to HB players who play 1 plane at a time at a slower pace, and usually focus much more on a handful of planes from each nation they like to play regularly enough to worry about fully upgrading.

If I were a nonstop Arcader who played all tiers and insisted they all be maxxed beyond just weapon loadout, the upgrades may seem onerous, I guess.

Exactly. When you reload your planes probably at least 5 times or more a game in Arcade, you're really cutting into your profit, especially with higher level planes. Yes, it doesn't make me go bankrupt, but I don't really like giving back 40k lions every 5-6 games, above repair and other costs.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

I guess I'd be interested in playing lower level HB. The higher level stuff is completely hit or miss for me. It averages to be more of a miss.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

On one hand, I like that they have as many random events as they do.
On the other hand, it keeps tempting me to convert xp, so I can buy planes at ridiculously deep discounts.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Tried to play low level with my SBD in historical.

Took 15 minutes for the battle to start.
Took 10 minutes for me to fly to the action.
Took .5 seconds for me to be one shot by the only plane with cannons.

Lots of fun.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

I have no idea how they could associate it with the wrong account. I assume you've never heard of the username in question.

I would imagine it'd be pretty easy to prove?

Edit: Also a great disturbance in the Reich. I think they need to further lower the tiers of those other bombers, my god. Basically make it so no jet is ever placed in a match with a heavy bomber.

jownzy fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Aug 14, 2013

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

The P-47 feels a lot better, or I just got a really lucky game.

The guns are shredding things.

Also, it seems like they greatly reduced the repair costs on some jets, German specifically.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Ice Fist posted:

8 .50cals with the buffs and freedom rounds is a very very good set of guns.

I also notice that I am killing things much, much easier with .30cals. I've been doing really really well recently in some games where I've used my Spitfire Mk I and the Typhoon in tier 7 games. I'm a goddamn buzzsaw (Stealth ammo for both). Did those recieve a damage buff as well?

What are these "Freedom" rounds you speak of?

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Rhopunzel posted:

I just tried this but everyone else has the same idea. Every game is 8 bombers and 2 fighters :eng99:

I just realized it was for HB only.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

The matchmaking in historical is even worse than arcade.

I don't want to see planes 6 tiers higher than me.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

I'm loving the P-47's right now.

Unfortunately, it's showing me that upgrades do matter. My first one was fully upgradable after the patch. The second one, while improved over the old P-47 has a substantially smaller climb-rate and speed.

First P-47 top speed is 726. Climb rate 24.4
Second has a top speed of 680, with only some upgrades. Climb rate 12.1

To me these are significant differences.

Is one of the Mustang's better than the other, fully upgraded?

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Call me silly, as I've never actually used steam other to redeem some free game that I got when I purchased a new computer.

Someone asked me to join the steam group last night, and immediately I was like why? I understand it may bring more players to the game in terms of visibility, but for me, someone who's already playing, why should I?

To get the premium Mustang?

http://warthunder.com/en/news/234/current/

I hope the events are more than what they've listed here, as I've already got premium for a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

I was naive in judging this event and the deals.

I have a birthday coming up and was going to buy get myself a present for being special. I can get a lot more Eagles than I was intending with this sale. Wow.

10,000 Eagles is like 50 bucks normally.

Now for 45 bucks, I can get 12,000 Eagles, the Mustang Premium, 2 months and 2 weeks of premium, and a couple planes I already had. I guess I my birthday starts early. Also, US Jets, here I come.

EDIT: Hell, at that rate, can you purchase more than one of the same DLC?

Wouldn't it be productive to just buy 2 Ace packs.

Get 20,0000 eagles for 60 bucks?

jownzy fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 15, 2013

• Locked thread